Contempory Bay Lake Towers

allstar01

Going back to World End of August or late September. With the room discounts available at that time , I would be able to afford to stay at the Polynesian Resort. I also noticed that I could stay at the Contempory Bay lake Tower for around the same price. Just wondering if anyone has any reviews on the Bay lake Towers, and what choice would you pick between the two Resorts.
thanks for any feedback

disneylemons

I have stayed at both resorts and both are very nice... it will depend on if "theme" is important to you. Poly has great theme - you are imursed in it.. Bay Lake is almost like a business hotel..not much theme..more streamline..plain. I myself like theme so I like the Poly better but our room at Bay Lake was very nice, new, but just not my favorite. Both are on the monorail (you walk on a short walkway from Bay Lake to Contemporary for the monorail) have good restaurants, etc.

Upvote 0

neilzoid3

I have stayed at the Bay Lake Tower last year, and actually have a vacation planned for the Polynesian. Our experience at the BLT was not very good. It was a nice hotel, but there were a series of problems. The room was dirty when we arrived and the couch in the room had a torn hole in it?? Pumpkin seeds under the sitting the chair?

In addition, the emergency sprinkler in our room was having problems. They had to move us over to the Contemporary for a few nights because they were booked solid. I just expected more for it being a newer hotel.
Obviously I wouldn't expect this to happen every time and I am not opposed to going back to the BLT, but I am very excited to try the Polynesian. I do agree with the previous poster that is the "modern" looking hotel vs. the tropical theme. Definitely more "to see" at the Polynesian, but BLT was a neat look too.

A real nice thing for the BLT is that it is a short walk to the front gate of Magic Kingdom. For kids, this is a nice thing. The pool is only accessible by BLT occupants too. I'm hoping for a great experience at the Polynesian and am looking forward to it.

Upvote 0

CatsMeow

If the BLT room is a studio, choose the Poly; you will have more room there. The studios at BLT are 300 square feet; the Poly rooms are considerably larger. The other units at BLT are fine, but the studios are cramped IMHO. For a week's stay, I think you'd be more comfortable.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom