Contemporary

LadyWinnifred

Hi All,

This is my first post. I was wondering if anyone can recommend a room location at the Contemporary Resort. I will be going in September. I haven't stayed there since I was a kid. I don't feeling like splurging on the tower or concierge suites so I have gotten a room in one of the wings. Which one is better, the north or south wing? Also, does anyone have a location within each wing that I should ask for?

I appreciate any help you can give me.

maelstrom

I've stayed in the north garden wing twice and found it to be alright. Just ask for a room as close as possible to the tower. Otherwise, it can be quite a hike in when you want to refill your mug or grab the monorail.

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

If you are going to stay in the wings (which I am not too fond of) I would go for the North Wing. The only advantage I see in it is the closer walk to the MK.

Upvote 0

Cri-Kee

I have stayed at both the north and south wings. I like the north wing because it is closer to the tennis courts. The north is also a little bit quieter then the south. I like the south wing becaus it is closer to the pool and more activity.

Upvote 0

iluvdisney18

i am staying at the contemporary in june and i am nervous because some people told me it was dirty and that it was old! I don't believe that this could be true, disney would never let that happen. could someone please make me feel better !

Upvote 0

ILoveDVC

The Contemporary is anything BUT Dirty or old. It is one of the original hotels at WDW. They recently renovated it (1996?) and it is very modern, very...Contemporary. Do not, i repeat, Do not have any fears about staying there

Upvote 0

tigsmom

We stayed in the Contemporary in 96 right after the refurb. It was beautiful. We wandered thru last August & it looked fine.
(we also stayed in a North garden Wing room...sandy beach & hammocks just outside our sliders. :D )

Here are some pics from Deb's site that may ease your mind. :wave:

ALLEARS Contemporary Pictures

Upvote 0

WDWHeadBanger

The contemporary resort is great. I have stayed there twice in the past two years. It is not dirty at all. The north wing is the best wing to stay in cuz it is closest to the magic kingdom! Also even if you do get a room that is towards the back, it isnt much of a walk when you're in disney.

Upvote 0

Sloan

Tower rooms

Tower rooms are typically more expensive (actually, much more) but being able to open your door and see the Monorail go by - well, it's great! Plus, you're really in all the action. Exterior views from some of those are excellent too. Of course, the 'wing' rooms are nice too, so don't worry - you'll enjoy no matter where your room is.

Upvote 0

SnowWhite5669

We just got from our first visit to the Contemporary and we loved it. We were in the South Wing which was right next to the pool. It was a little walk but our room was near a stair case so we just took the stairs and were out of the hotel in minutes. The nice thing was that you can walk entirely through the wing if it's raining from the main part of the hotel. The room was big enough for my family (4). The boys took turns sleeping on the daybed and the bathroom was big enough for all our stuff, not to mention the huge closet!! We would definately stay there again. It's so cool to be on the monorail! We usually stay at the Beach Club but it was sold out for the week we wanted. Beach Club is still our favorite but Contemporary is a close second!:)

Upvote 0

figmentfan

I LOVE the Contemporary. I stayed there for the first time in May of 2003.

Must stay in the Tower Room on the Magic Kingdom side. It has a cool view, you can see Magic Kingdom, and one great view of the fireworks at MK.

It is also has the best transportation of all the resorts:
WALK or monorail to Magic Kingdom.
Monorail to Epcot.
Bus to MGM.
Bus to Aninmal Kingdom.

I LOVE the Contemporary!!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom