Contemporary resort

Cresh69

My family will be staying at a Disney Resort for the first time thes last week of May and it will be the Contemporary Resort. Any comments about this resort? Anything special?? Also, I heard something about E-ride nights....anyone know when these are the last week of may? Thanks!:wave:

swimmom

Since I haven't stayed in the Contemporary since the 70's, I can't be of much help regarding the resort.

However regarding e-ride nights, the only one in May is May 31st.

I hope that works into your plans. We always take advantage of e-ride nights if they are available during our stay.

Upvote 0

Mickifan17

Ahhhh, the Contemporary Resort. I am a Vacation Club owner and always stay at the Old Key West Resort, but have stayed at the Contemporary several times. I love it. It is my favorite resort because it reminds me of my childhood. Just the fact that one of the most recognizable parts of Disney (the monorail) in constantly zooming through the hotel is amazing. :sohappy:

Are you staying in the Tower or the other part of the hotel? If it is the tower facing the Magic Kingdom, you can't beat it. You can't get any better than that.

Have an amazing time!!:D Of course you will.

Only 20 more days for me!!! :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Upvote 0

s25843

I try to stay at the Contemp every time we go, and Love it! People disown it for it's lack of theming, but, it just has a special feel to it...

Upvote 0

Cresh69

Original Poster
I am not sure which side we are staying on, but we are in a suite because there are 7 of us going! 3 generations of family! Thanks for the info! I am even more excited now!

Just 8 days! :sohappy: :lol: :p

Upvote 0

s25843

Originally posted by Cresh69
I am not sure which side we are staying on, but we are in a suite because there are 7 of us going! 3 generations of family! Thanks for the info! I am even more excited now!

Just 8 days! :sohappy: :lol: :p

Do ya know which suite? (IE. Vice Presidental, Etc...)

Upvote 0

Cresh69

Original Poster
nope...my grandma planned this trip and she has taken care of getting the room...I am just along for the ride! i will try to find out tonight though and posts tomorrow...hopefully someone has stayed there before and can let me know what to expect!

Upvote 0

figmentfan

Wow, I am staying at Contemporary at the end of May too!!!!!!!

One of the best resorts on Disney Property.

Walking distances to Magic Kingdom, Monorail to Epcot and Magic Kingdom (if you don't want to walk.)

If you can, try to get a Tower Room on the Magic Kingdom side. It is cool watching fireworks from your room. COOL!!!!!!!

You are going to have a GREAT time!:)

Upvote 0

polynesiangirl

Be excited! The Contemporary is one of our all-time favorite places, with not only a great location, but beautiful views, white sand beach, a great marina with fun boats you can rent (the pontoon is great if you have a smallish group with you,) an awesome restaurant on the top floor (the California Grill, which I will be eating at in a few days, yay! Pricey, yes, but also lovely,) and of course the ultimate luxury of being able to walk to the Magic Kingdom or take advantage of the wonderful monorail service. This place ranks up in my top 3 Disney resorts and you're bound to have a good time yourself! Have fun!

Upvote 0

KaliSplash

You're going to have a blast.

I've stayed in the Tower on the Magic Kingdom side twice. It's fantastic. Great restaurants on top, on main concourse and a 24-hour fast-food spot on the ground floor. Plus I'm pretty sure they still have 24-hour room service.

Boats are great, pool is good, beach is good, monorail is good.

It is a 60s design of ultra-modern. But I think it's still timeless.

Heck, upon returning from an e-ride night a few years ago, I stayed up even later, and watched out my window as they switched the monorails over to the go home tracks at 3 o'clock in the morning.

Upvote 0

jaime_1234

I LOVE the Contemporary! MY family just started staying there a couple of years ago, but ever since we went the first time, it's the only Disney resort that we want to go to! It has a really neat atmosphere and I love to just walk around and explore the place. Chef Mickey's is a really good buffet; it's my favorite place to eat breakfast! Also, the Food and Fun Center is a great place to have a quick lunch or snack! The walkway to the Magic Kingdom is very convenient if you enjoy walking like me :) Plus, the monorail going through just makes you feel completely immersed in the magic!

Upvote 0

Cresh69

Original Poster
My suite!

i found out which suite we are staying in, it is the garden suite....i am not sure what that means, if anyone knows, tell me how it is! Even if the view is of the parking lot, i am sure that I will still love it!

Just 6 days!!!!!!:sohappy: :lol:

Upvote 0

crazydaveh

I recently stayed at the Contemporary, it was great!

I was not in the tower, but the experience was still great!

I like the Contemp because they have tennis courts! It's nice to play while you're there on their clay courts!

The short walk to the Magic Kingdom is great!

The rooms are very big! I was in a standard room and the space was bigger than I could of asked!

Enjoy it! I'm jealous!

Upvote 0

s25843

Re: My suite!

Originally posted by Cresh69
i found out which suite we are staying in, it is the garden suite....i am not sure what that means, if anyone knows, tell me how it is! Even if the view is of the parking lot, i am sure that I will still love it!

Just 6 days!!!!!!:sohappy: :lol:

At the Contemp you have the Garden Suites, and then the 14th Floor Concierge suites. The 14th floor suites are the Presidental, Vice Presidental, 1 bedroom suites etc... and include Concierge service. They are located in the tower and have views of Bay Lake or the MK.

The Garden suites are located in the Wings, with a view of Bay Lake. They Sleep 8, and have 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, and a living area. These suites do not include conceierge services.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom