Contemporary Resort buses vs All Star Resort buses from Downtown Disney

jahow7

Maybe my family & I were just had bad luck but I think Walt Disney World runs more Disney Transport buses from Downtown Disney - the All Star Resorts & far less to Disney's Contemporary Resort. I don't know why that is because I would remember times when my family & I would have waited 30 - 45 minutes for a Contemporary bus, when 5 - 10 All Star buses would show up every 10 minutes. I am not trying to sound like a snob hear but I think the Contemporary should get more buses from Downtown Disney because the guests there are paying 3 x what guests at the All Star Resorts are paying. I heard WDW claim the buses are based on how many rooms the Resort has, but I think that is taken the wrong way. The Contemporary has 1041 rooms, while the All Star has around 3000. Is that 3000 rooms when you combine the Sports & Movie Resort or 3000 rooms at the All Star & another 3000 at the Movies? So what do you all think about this subject?

jesserin

OhhhhhhhhJaySin said:
My thought is, you pay 5X as much money for your hotel room at the contemporary, so that should balance out your theory on 5X as many people in the resort. There should be no reason one bus line should make people wait longer than another bus line.

gee... no matter how many names one person comes up with - the stuff they type is all the same... hmmm....:brick:

Upvote 0

wannab@dis

OhhhhhhhhJaySin said:
My thought is, you pay 5X as much money for your hotel room at the contemporary, so that should balance out your theory on 5X as many people in the resort. There should be no reason one bus line should make people wait longer than another bus line.
So, in other words, a bunch of empty busses driving around to the smaller resorts is ok? Yeah, that makes good business sense. :lol:

Upvote 0

jesserin

OhhhhhhhhJaySin said:
I've been a member since 2004 so dont think im new, I just dont post... and no I dont think there should be empty buses, but wait time should be the same....

new? someone said somehting about being new? not I!

but since this thread is just going to get longer and longer and less and less productive... I say we at least start a new subject...

coffee or tea anyone? :drevil:

Upvote 0

Bucks4WDW

It's not so much the number of busses, it is in the manner of which they are used. My one and only trip to WDW was spent at CBR. I made a point of noticing that the deluxe resorts bus waiting areas were closer to the park entrance at each park. I even made the comment to my wife that that seems about right since they pay more for their resort. As far as number of busses servicing a resort, I fully support the "number of guest, number of bus" theory. Makes a lot of sense. I also seem to remember that there were workers out at the bus area at closing one night at the MK that had radios trying to line up the busses for the biggest lines. On more than one occasion, I saw a bus with a resort listed change as it came around the bend to support the area with the longest line. Good form I say, good form.

I to drove down from Cincy, but once my car (van actually) was parked, we used the busses from there on. Loved it. A little wait is a small price to pay for the removal of the park and walk issue.

Congrats, Erica, I had not heard. That is super news. When are you due? How is Arizona? Take Care.

Upvote 0

jesserin

Bucks4WDW said:
It's not so much the number of busses, it is in the manner of which they are used. My one and only trip to WDW was spent at CBR. I made a point of noticing that the deluxe resorts bus waiting areas were closer to the park entrance at each park. I even made the comment to my wife that that seems about right since they pay more for their resort. As far as number of busses servicing a resort, I fully support the "number of guest, number of bus" theory. Makes a lot of sense. I also seem to remember that there were workers out at the bus area at closing one night at the MK that had radios trying to line up the busses for the biggest lines. On more than one occasion, I saw a bus with a resort listed change as it came around the bend to support the area with the longest line. Good form I say, good form.

I to drove down from Cincy, but once my car (van actually) was parked, we used the busses from there on. Loved it. A little wait is a small price to pay for the removal of the park and walk issue.

Congrats, Erica, I had not heard. That is super news. When are you due? How is Arizona? Take Care.

I like you! You are a smart person, and I love people who quote "Hook" - cute movie... and you made a great point! :sohappy:

And I'm having fun making this thread longer and longer... I figure pretty soon it'll hit it's max and then maybe die out... ;)

Upvote 0

Bucks4WDW

jesserin said:
I like you! You are a smart person, and I love people who quote "Hook" - cute movie... and you made a great point! :sohappy:

And I'm having fun making this thread longer and longer... I figure pretty soon it'll hit it's max and then maybe die out... ;)

Thanks. I used to spend some time on this site under a different name and I am waiting for someone to figure it out.

You have made some good points as well, and I agree with your last statement. By the way, love your home town. My wife and I honeymooned there. Stayed on the Isle of Palms for most of the week and finished up at the John Rutledge House. Love Charleston.

Upvote 0

jesserin

Bucks4WDW said:
Thanks. I used to spend some time on this site under a different name and I am waiting for someone to figure it out.

You have made some good points as well, and I agree with your last statement. By the way, love your home town. My wife and I honeymooned there. Stayed on the Isle of Palms for most of the week and finished up at the John Rutledge House. Love Charleston.

Thanks! :) want to hear something funny? my hometown is actually Mansfield OH! :D We are transplants... but I agree - I love living here... it's beautiful!

Upvote 0

Bucks4WDW

Careful now, everyone knows that mini quiche is Portugese slang for 'small pasty' and if someone takes those, well, there could be trouble. . .

Of course, I am guessing, that certain guests at the Contemporary, will expect an extra serving . . .

Upvote 0

jesserin

Bucks4WDW said:
Careful now, everyone knows that mini quiche is Portugese slang for 'small pasty' and if someone takes those, well, there could be trouble. . .

Of course, I am guessing, that certain guests at the Contemporary, will expect an extra serving . . .

:D :lol: Well, where I come from - there's equal servings for all... ;) After all, just because you pay for more square footage for your luggage, doesn't mean you get extra quiche... or pasty's... those who stay in those poverty stricken value resorts will be able to ride up front in their bus and eat all the quiche they can possibly manage! ;) Welcome to the new world... :D

Upvote 0

Nemo14

jesserin said:
:D :lol: Well, where I come from - there's equal servings for all... ;) After all, just because you pay for more square footage for your luggage, doesn't mean you get extra quiche... or pasty's... those who stay in those poverty stricken value resorts will be able to ride up front in their bus and eat all the quiche they can possibly manage! ;) Welcome to the new world... :D
...a whole new world...!

Upvote 0

Bucks4WDW

It is still a few years (less I hope) away for our next trip, but we are looking pretty closely at Pop Century. Looks like a good option even though we would love to able to swing (not that we are in to that kind of thing) the Beach Club. We shall see.

The Earl Grey is running low. . .

Upvote 0
Stop!!!!

jahow7 will you please just stop talking in here. all you are doing is trying to get people to think your something special and your not. i hope you dont get into the hospitality industry. just quit talking. if its not about money and not about anything else other than your all sad because you cant get a bus then forget about it, even though you dont ride the bus. just stop

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom