contemporary question...

danasix

I'm trying to book our first trip to Disney and I am unsure about which room at the Contemporary would be best for the money. If you have any recommendations I would love to hear them.

thank you in advance!!

Dana

wdwfan100

The Contemporary resort was the first resort I took the family to when I started making a decent living. I had always been enamored with it since I was young and my parents took us to WDW and we stayed off site. Sorry I don't have a specific room. If I had it to do over again I would request a Magic Kingdom view on the north part of the tower and about midway up. There is just something magical about sipping a beer on the balcony in the evening and just watching the park.

Upvote 0

coachwnh

we have done the theme park and bay views and loved them both!!! the night view of the MK is great and fireworks from the balcony drinking beer is the best; however, there is nothing better than watching the sun rise over bay lake in the morning. i stood there with my son and we watched the boats come out from their nighttime dock and it was just so peaceful. the fog in the trees and the birds flying over discovery island, WOW! i have to say, this was the best view from the tower for me. that said, if you have a chance to have a MK view your first time, go for it. you wont go wrong either way!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Disney61

We have stayed twice at The Contemporary...once in 2007 and last year 2011. Both times we have had theme parks views on the highest floor available. The view is amazing and being able to see the Magic Kingdom as you drift off to sleep and as the first thing you see in the morning when you awake is just awesome! I would suggest that you request a room at the opposite end from Chef Mickey's. Have a great time!

Upvote 0

Rasvar

I was just about to post avoid the high up park facing rooms during Grad Nights but I forgot that is not happening anymore. :(

I would definitely shoot for Tower, though. If you can only get the wing on the dates you want (especially if it is just parking lot view), I would try a different resort.

Upvote 0

Cactusspade

Tower room, if you can afford it. We stayed in a Bay Lake view room in October and loved it. Beautiful sunrise, the boat docks, pool, plus the water parade. We thought we would not like it as much as the theme park view, but we were wrong. Loved the view.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom