Contemporary Pool

jab300

We are going Mar 31- Apr 3. Last trip we took was last February and we stayed at the Pop Century. This trip is the Contemporary which we haven't been in in over a year. The booking agent said they have renovated the pool. Anyone stayed and played? My nine year old loved the old slide. Also, I guess crowds will be huge, agent said there were absolutely no openings on the 30th, our original arrival date. Anyone else braving this week?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I was at the parks that same weekend last year. MK is a little nuts but the other 3 parks were crowded but bearable. Go very early in the morning (arrive 30 min to an hour before opening) and you should get an hour or two with light crowds.

Upvote 0

shello1113

We stayed at the Contemporary in October 04. At that time, the slide was the same slide that had been there previous years. I guess that doesn't mean they didn't change it though.

Upvote 0

SnowWhite5669

We stayed at the Contemporary April 2004 but didn't even get near the slide because it was a little too cool! Did enjoy the hot tub though! Have a great trip. I love that resort! We're back at Wilderness in 55 days!! :sohappy: :sohappy:

Upvote 0

DisneyJill

The Contemporary pool was renovated several years ago...the round "Bay" pool is still the same (it sits out further towards Bay Lake), but they changed the square pool to the current pool. Roughly shaped like Mickey (if you see it from above) with fountains and a slide. :wave:

Upvote 0

jesserin

We enjoyed the pool lots during our last trip - Like Jill said - it's been finished for awhile now - and it is great - My favorite part is the hot tub, it has these water sprayers on the side and when you catch the right wind you get a cool spray in the face ;) fun! Also consider doing some of the Water activities while you're there - you can rent boats, go parasailing, and more! We really enjoyed the relaxed nature of this resort!

Upvote 0

s25843

DigitalDisney said:
Eh, you're better off taking the monorail over to the Poly or GF instead and using those pools. They are much more fun (esp the new Volcano pool at the Poly)

Unless you are a DVC member, you cannot "Pool Hop"....

The contemp pool has not been rennovated since mid 1996..

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom