Contemporary/Polynesian or Beach Club?

drwadadli

For us, being on the monorail circle out weighs being able to walk to Epcot. I know a few friends that totally love the Beach Club but that is also their home DVC resort. Also, if I had small kids, I would prefer to stay on the monorail circle....easier to go to the resort for an afternoon nap. Now more on a personal note, after living on an island in the Caribbean for 3 years....Polynesian would be my choice!!!!

21stamps

My vote is for Poly.
Love the pools. Love the splash area. Love the theme. Love the food. Love the room service choices. Love the adult beverages. Love the view.
And the monorail! And definitely the Launch!! We used the launch to/from MK more than we ever used the monorail. Also love that it's a pretty walk to GF.

jlsHouston

POLY. I stay at the EPCOT area resorts at least once a year and I can tell you with younger kids my stays at the monorail resorts much easier to maneuver . I've never done CONT, but several times at POLY and GF and prefer POLY 1000 times over GF. About the only thing GF has over POLY IMO is a fantastic lobby.
We did BC last November for Thanksgiving. Prior to that had not been to BC since before the room update. I had forgotten some rooms have no balconies and that is the same for POLY. If you like balcony or patio be sure to add that to your reservation for room/special request as POLY also has some rooms without balconies.
Anyways BC is great pool, walking to EPCOT very convenient and you can always walk to the front, catch the monorail to the TTC and then change monorails and get into MK that way. I can tell you (I'm in logistics, and I tend to test routing frequently at WDW) bus much faster even with wait and stop at YC. Anyways don't recall any kind of serious delay dealing with buses, but well it is the bus.
Overall unless you are planning alot of pool time for the sheer convenience, great themeing and ambiance I would stick with POLY.

JusticeDisney

I couldn't disagree more with those complaining about the busses at the Beach Club. In my experience, they have been absolutely fine. Have never had to wait very long and always get a seat.

IMHO, Beach Club blows the other resorts you are considering out of the water. I'm not sure why, but every time I go to Poly, I feel like I am stuck in the 80s for some reason.

daisyduckie

I couldn't disagree more with those complaining about the busses at the Beach Club. In my experience, they have been absolutely fine. Have never had to wait very long and always get a seat.

IMHO, Beach Club blows the other resorts you are considering out of the water. I'm not sure why, but every time I go to Poly, I feel like I am stuck in the 80s for some reason.

What about it blows other resorts out of the water? Imho the ONLY thing it has going for it is location.

21stamps

Been in the pool. But for me it takes more than a pool to make a resort extra special.
I've stayed at Beach and Yacht, neither in several year though..but call me crazy, I actually prefer the Poly pools more. My son hasn't been to an Epcot resort, but I thought he would enjoy Poly more than the Beach Club pool.

The Volcano theme is great, I love the music, and there's just something "magical" about the Castle, Space Mountain, and hearing Big Thunder Railroad in the background. A lazy river isn't as exciting to me. Even more magical is swimming while the EWP and Wishes are going on :)

JusticeDisney

Been in the pool. But for me it takes more than a pool to make a resort extra special.
I never said the pool was the only thing. I simply responded to your post which indicated that the only thing that the beach club has going for it is its location. I am merely pointing out that, in addition to having a location second to none, the beach club also has the best pool anywhere on property, and it's not even close. Now, if you would like, I can also point out that the beach club has completely refurbished rooms, which quality wise are equal to if not better than any other resort. So, to answer your original question, there are a handful of reasons right there why the beach club blows the other two resorts in question in this thread out of the water, in my humble opinion.

Last edited:

Walter Elias Disney

Definitely stay at the Polynesian! The pool and food options are a huge perk at this resort. You can also walk down to the Grand Floridian pool for an extra benefit. The children's water play area is themed to Alice in Wonderland. Have a great time on your trip and I know you'll have a memorable time.

PrincessL

Tough decision...I know because we just made it! I'll start by saying I've never stayed at any of these resorts only visited so I can only offer what our thought process was. This trip is our first with all 3 of our small children so we are planning on a more relaxed approach to our touring. Location and pool were our main concerns just as yours. We ended up crossing out Contemorary first due to the theming and pool Iike you mentioned. The Poly being on the monorail ended up winning... if you are spending half your vacation at MK/Epcot then I think it makes the most sense. Not to mention all he great dinning options on property and access to the other monorail restaurants. In the end we booked the majority of our stay at Poly and then the last 2 nights at YC. It was just too hard to decide. Good luck and have fun planning:)

jimbojones

Tough decision...I know because we just made it! I'll start by saying I've never stayed at any of these resorts only visited so I can only offer what our thought process was. This trip is our first with all 3 of our small children so we are planning on a more relaxed approach to our touring. Location and pool were our main concerns just as yours. We ended up crossing out Contemorary first due to the theming and pool Iike you mentioned. The Poly being on the monorail ended up winning... if you are spending half your vacation at MK/Epcot then I think it makes the most sense. Not to mention all he great dinning options on property and access to the other monorail restaurants. In the end we booked the majority of our stay at Poly and then the last 2 nights at YC. It was just too hard to decide. Good luck and have fun planning:)

Agree 100% for MK and Epcot people, in addition to being classic WDW and a gorgeous resort the Poly is great for getting to MK and Epcot. The ease of walking to the TTC from the poly makes going to Epcot a breeze and most folks don't seem to be aware of it and the boats to MK are a very chill way to get away from the crowds on your way there and back

Tuvalu

Premium Member
if staying at Poly can you use the GF pool?
Only if you are a DVC member. Each pool is for exclusive use of its resort guests.

Selfish people abused this policy which is one of the reasons the pools are fenced (safety being the paramount issue of course) and require a MagicBand for entry.

mrs moon

Only if you are a DVC member. Each pool is for exclusive use of its resort guests.

Selfish people abused this policy which is one of the reasons the pools are fenced (safety being the paramount issue of course) and require a MagicBand for entry.
Thank you..i knew you could use the gym so thought maybe the pool too..thank you

KaliSplash

Well, I may be the only one here, but I'd go with Contemporary. If you can swing a tower room, you will have plenty of theming right outside the window. My grip with Poly is having to walk to the main building to get to the Monorail, but then walking to MK is one of the top attractions, then walking to the main building to catch the monorail at Poly is not a big issue. Clearly, from a pure theme point of view, Poly is best.

Well my preference would be the Polynesian. First I love the restaurant Ohana at the resort. The decor of the resort is absolutely beautiful and the pool is amazing. Also the Electrical Water Pageant is fantastic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom