Contemporary MK View

Has anyone stayed at the Contemporary with a MK theme park view? I was just on Disney's website and the following was listed:
Located in the Tower, Tower Magic Kingdom Rooms offer views of the parking area and Magic Kingdom theme park.

HOPEFULLY this means that I will see the theme park NO MATTER WHAT but I might also see the parking lot too? I hate to think that you would pay that much for a room to get a lousy view of the MK and a better one of the parking lot.

Can anyone clear this up? Thanks!:)

slappy magoo

The higher your room is, the less parking lot you'll see unless you crane your head over the balcony and look down. If you're on a lower floor, you'll see more of the lot.

Upvote 0

britlightyear

We always stay in the tower with an MK view and about a week before we leave I call the Contemporary directly and ask them to put a note on my reservation requesting a room on the highest floor possible. We have been there 4 times and have had rooms on floors 9, 10 and 11. The views from these floors have always been amazing and well worth the extra expense of the MK view. You will always be able to see the parking lot but on the higher floors you barely realize its there.

Upvote 0

DougK

Has anyone stayed at the Contemporary with a MK theme park view? I was just on Disney's website and the following was listed:
Located in the Tower, Tower Magic Kingdom Rooms offer views of the parking area and Magic Kingdom theme park.

HOPEFULLY this means that I will see the theme park NO MATTER WHAT but I might also see the parking lot too? I hate to think that you would pay that much for a room to get a lousy view of the MK and a better one of the parking lot.

Can anyone clear this up? Thanks!:)

They didn't used to say that in the description but it was always true. You see the parking lot AND the Magic Kingdom from all rooms on the West side of the Contemporary but as others have said the parking lot is less obtrusive the higher up you are.

Disney added the parking lot wording to the description because they used to get complaints from people since this is such an expensive view (not from alot of people I bet, just from some). Now when people complain Disney can point out that you were "warned"!

However before you worry about it too much I'd like to point out that this is our favorite view in all of Walt Disney World and we have stayed at the Contemporary MK view side at least 8 times. It is not really the lot that you notice as much as the lights that illuminate the lot, so really it is more noticable at night when the lights are on. Even so, don't look down at the lot, look across at the Castle and Space Mountain and the Train Station and the Peoplemover, etc. Trust me you'll love it! Oh and of course you can see Wishes from your room! Pretty cool!

We love the MK view at the Contemporary and we'll be back there in 3 weeks!

Upvote 0

britlightyear

This photo was taken from the 10th floor. Keep in mind that it was taken with my crappy point and shoot and I didn't zoom in at all. This was just the view toward MK from our balcony. (also it was pretty cloudy this day)

disney2010203.jpg

Upvote 0

Tiggerfanatic

I've stayed in a CR tower view room twice now, both times on the 7th floor. Abolutely fabulous view! Even with the parking lot below - of course I was there at Christmas so the parking lot lights were almost as pretty at night at the Magic Kingdom lights! And you can also see the Poly, the Grand Floridian and the light parade on the lagoon. IMO, there's no better night view anywhere on WDW property. I just love sitting on the balconey after a great day in the parks, relaxing with a drink and just taking it all in. Almost have to force myself to go to bed.

Upvote 0

Dad 2 M & M

I've stayed in a CR tower view room twice now, both times on the 7th floor. Abolutely fabulous view! Even with the parking lot below - of course I was there at Christmas so the parking lot lights were almost as pretty at night at the Magic Kingdom lights! And you can also see the Poly, the Grand Floridian and the light parade on the lagoon. IMO, there's no better night view anywhere on WDW property. I just love sitting on the balconey after a great day in the parks, relaxing with a drink and just taking it all in. Almost have to force myself to go to bed.
I agree the view is amazing and it is a nice way to relax after a day in the park(s).

I would point out that you are not really spending a large amount of time in your room. With that said at least compare what else could be bought(cost of the upgrade) with that amount of cash. With that said, the view really is tremendous and well worth experiencing, even if for only one stay at WDW.

Upvote 0

flavious27

This photo was taken from the 10th floor. Keep in mind that it was taken with my crappy point and shoot and I didn't zoom in at all. This was just the view toward MK from our balcony. (also it was pretty cloudy this day)

disney2010203.jpg

Nice, anyone know that that tower in the distance is? I know it isn't anything on disney property.

Upvote 0

CrazyForDisney

Original Poster
Thanks everyone for the comments!

I feel reassured that I've selected the right resort with the right view :sohappy:

This is the first time my husband and I have been to WDW alone. Usually my entire family goes. We are also celebrating our wedding anniversary down there so this should be awesome!

Upvote 0

britlightyear

Thanks everyone for the comments!

I feel reassured that I've selected the right resort with the right view :sohappy:

This is the first time my husband and I have been to WDW alone. Usually my entire family goes. We are also celebrating our wedding anniversary down there so this should be awesome!

Be sure to tell them when you check in that its your anniversary. We go every year on our anniversary and always get a nice little surprise delivered to our room on the actual date of the anniversary. Usually its just a signed picture of Minnie and Mickey but one year they sent up Champagne and balloons. Of course, we never expect anything but it is always a very nice surprise :)

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

They remain the most expensive parking lot views on property.:lol:

Polynesian Theme Park View, tho not as close, is directly across the lake, so you get a Lagoon/Theme Park View. Yes the Castle is smaller, but at night the view is incredible. You can see Space Mtn, the Castle, and top of Splash Mtn from these rooms. The fireworks also line up perfectly with the Castle from this vantage point.

I much prefer the views from the Poly, compared to the expensive Parking Lot/ Roof View from the Contemporary "Theme Park View" rooms.

Upvote 0

CrazyForDisney

Original Poster
They remain the most expensive parking lot views on property.:lol:

Polynesian Theme Park View, tho not as close, is directly across the lake, so you get a Lagoon/Theme Park View. Yes the Castle is smaller, but at night the view is incredible. You can see Space Mtn, the Castle, and top of Splash Mtn from these rooms. The fireworks also line up perfectly with the Castle from this vantage point.

I much prefer the views from the Poly, compared to the expensive Parking Lot/ Roof View from the Contemporary "Theme Park View" rooms.

Actually, I priced several resorts with the MK view - GF, Poly, Contemporary and Bay Lake. Contemporary and Bay Lake were both $465/night and the Poly was $525/night (during the time we are going). I had a PIN for 40% off Deluxe rooms. I wanted Bay Lake but the MK view was not available which is why we chose the Contemporary. It would be nice to stay at the Poly but I would rather be closer to the MK. The parking lot won't bother me. Right now I can't justify paying more for the Poly and being farther away from the MK...but maybe someday ;)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom