?Contemporary Lovers?

vanryan

My DH and I were just talking about the Contemporary. We have stayed at AK and the Poly. Our next trip is to the Beach Club. We know the Contemporary has a great location, but what else makes it so wonderful? I would love to be able to walk to MK, but can't get past the look of the Contemporary. :veryconfu

jaime_1234

THe Contemporary is by far my favorite WDW resort (even though it's only the third I've stayed at :) ) I know the outside appearance may not be all that spectacular, but inside it's really beautiful. Plus, there's an observation deck on the same level as the gift shops where you can watch the fireworks at the Magic Kingdom every night. They play the music through speakers and everything! And the walkway to the MK is also really neat :)

A quick reason why it's so convenient: I was eatign at Crystal Palace this past summer with my family when it came time to pay. Well, that morning, my mom had accidentally grabbed the American Eagle clothing store credit card instead of the American Express and we had absolutely NOTHING to pay with! But because we were stayign at the Contemporary, my mom and I ran to our room and back in less than twenty minutes because we didn't have to wait on the buses or monorail or anything! It was really funny and remains to be one of the highlights of all of our Disney trips :)

Upvote 0

MelessaG

The first time I saw it, I never thought I would want to stay there either. But, now that I have three kids who love the MK-I can see it's advantages, or so I hope. My family and I will be staying there for the first time in Dec. I couldn't pass up the convenience of the monorail, the 10 minute walk to the MK, and just plain being on Disney property. Plus, it was priced a little better for my family than the Poly or the GF (though I hope to stay at one or both of them on future trips). The decor is a bit wild for my normal taste, but I'm never in my hotel room enough while at WDW to notice much about the room. So, I'm planning on going and having a lot of fun there.

Upvote 0

Jungle Skipper

For me it's intangibles

I love the contemporary for several reason. I love the location....the view from the tower rooms is amazing (on both sides of the hotel not just the park view)

The monorail is oh so nice!The MK is right at your fingertips! The 4th floor Grand Canyon Concourse is great....shopping...food...a bar.....its awesome. Theres a large (and fun) gameroom too (on the first floor).

But I have also stayed there several times since I was young, and it holds quite a bit of nostalgia and intangibles that go along with it all. I love the Contemporary....(however I decided to stay somewhere else in this July...more on that later).

Hope that helps. Any specific questions about the Contemporary just PM me, I could talk all night about that place. It was awesome!

Jungle Josh

Upvote 0

MartyMouse

Touching on a few things that other people haven’t brought up –

1. Great Arcade – The best at any Disney hotel.
2. Fabulous Convention Facilities – Also makes a great place to hold a wedding reception.
3. Beach – The beach is more secluded than the one at GF.
4. Chef Mickey’s – Great Buffet.
5. The Art – All over the Contemporary you’ll find well appointed “modern” art, even the furniture has an artistic flare.
6. Pin Trading – Every Friday night Disney has a mini-pin trading event there.
7. Nostalgia – The look and design of the Contemporary evokes the feeling of the old Tomorrowland.

I’m sure I could think of more, but that’s a start.

On a side note why isn’t there a section for the Contemporary in the photo galleries?

Upvote 0

s25843

Originally posted by MartyMouse

On a side note why isn’t there a section for the Contemporary in the photo galleries?

Steve Forgot to Add one :) He will get around to it sooner or later

and BTW: The Contemp is GREAT!!

Upvote 0

bluesnut

I don't mean to take anything away from the Contemporary fans here but we haven't enjoyed the Contemporary.

We have stayed there twice. Both times we have been in Timbuktu. We have been like on the other side back by the lake. The first time we couldn't figure out how to park closer to the room and we walked like half a mile to get to the room.

Second, we've felt like the rooms there were not as clean as some of the other resorts. And the snack bar was so filthy one night after getting back from the parks that we haven't ever eaten there again.

Third, I think the decorating is just a little stark. I know that it is to be futuristic--kinda art deco I think--but it isn't as rich as some of the other resorts.

Fourth walking into the MK is OK but after you have walked your rear off all day that is the last thing you want to do. And the trek from the road to the lobby is a big one. It is easier to go the monorail back since you are the first stop.

My opinion---if you cannot get a room in the A-frame main building it isn't really worth it.

Sorry if I have offended anyone, I didn't mean to. I know that nostalgia means allot at WDW it is what we base most of our obsessions on I think.

Upvote 0

all41

Very interesting comments.

I am going in March and will stay for the first time at the Contemporary. I can see the pros and cons of what people say about the Contemporary.

It'll be my first Magic Kingdom "monorail" resort" so that alone should make it worthwhile.

I have wondered about the parking since we'll have a car and how convenient the MK really is. Can't wait.

Upvote 0

Steamboat_Kevin

I LOVE the Contemporary, never stayed there, but I have eaten there. I love the fact that the monorail goes through there, and I love the big mural. The main thing I love about it is the California Grill, it is so nice and the food is delicious. The view is excellent, and when you go there for the fireworks, it is really a great experience :)
I hope to actually stay at the Contemporary one day

Upvote 0

bluesnut

If I remember right (and they haven't changed it) it was just kind of a pool. Nothing really unique. They may have had an adult pool and a teenager pool I think. Don't hold me to it though.:lol:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom