Contemporary Garden Wing

Master Gracey 5

Hey everyone, I've looked through the old threads but didn't notice anything related to the Garden Wing at the Contemporary.

Long story short, we are planning a trip for next winter and hope to go to the Beach/Yacht club. However, we may go for a slightly less expensive deluxe resort like Wilderness Lodge, or Contemporary Garden wing rooms.

My question is whether the refurb they've done to the A-frame at the Contemporary has expanded to the Garden Wing? Some people don't like the new style, but if we are going to put down the money to stay there, we would like to be in an updated room if possible.

Thanks for the help.

zurgandfriend

Hey everyone, I've looked through the old threads but didn't notice anything related to the Garden Wing at the Contemporary.

Long story short, we are planning a trip for next winter and hope to go to the Beach/Yacht club. However, we may go for a slightly less expensive deluxe resort like Wilderness Lodge, or Contemporary Garden wing rooms.

My question is whether the refurb they've done to the A-frame at the Contemporary has expanded to the Garden Wing? Some people don't like the new style, but if we are going to put down the money to stay there, we would like to be in an updated room if possible.

Thanks for the help.

We stayed in the south garden wing in December 2007. The rooms have been refrub'ed there as well. I have stayed at both the Contemporary and the WL and they were both very good.

Upvote 0

ginnymack

Just a warning about the Garden Wing - it fills up FAST! I called in January for a reservation for the first full week of Dec (4-11), which is still Value season. Silly me though at 11.5 months out in this economy, I would have no problems. Boy was iI wrong! They were already completely booked for Std View and they only had Garden View for 5 of the 7 days I was looking for. It is a convention hotel, so things are likely to free up as the reserved blocks are released, but if you want to have things in place for you 180 day ADR bookings - and not still looking for a room - BOOK WAAYYYY IN ADVANCE!

Upvote 0

peterpanic74

Garden Wing rooms are definitely redecorated...they look great! It's a little disappointing to not be in the Tower, but there are advantages. Proximity to the pool, potential for great views of Bay Lake/ Electrical Water Pageant.
We really enjoyed staying there!:)

Upvote 0

harveyt0206

Staying at the Contemporary had always been a BIG dream of mine, but I could never afford a tower room. I heard so many complaints about the garden wing that I was very reluctant to settle. But, last year when Disney offered free dining, I decided to give it a whirl and have to say I really, really loved it. So did my husband. The rooms were wonderful in my opinion.

The proximity to the MK was a key factor for us. We tend to end each day there and the short walk back to the resort was a dream.

In the end, would I like to have the opportunity to stay in the tower? Sure. But, the price difference is so significant that I was thrilled to get the opportunity to stay at my dream resort and would 100% stay there again if the opportunity presented itself.

Upvote 0

kbmum

The garden wing is really nice. The rooms are bigger than the typical Disney hotel room and have two beds, a sofa/twin bed, plus a coffee pot and mini fridge. We enjoyed staying there a few years ago.

Upvote 0

Master Gracey 5

Original Poster
Thanks for the input everyone. Good to know that minus the novelty of staying in the A-frame, its still a great experience with updated rooms in the Garden wing.

Hopefully booking the trip in the next couple weeks!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom