Contemporary Garden Wing Refurb

totaldisneygirl

Original Poster
Hiya Pals!

I know the main tower at the Contemporary has been refurbished already and received the Incredibles overlay. Have the Garden Wings been refurbished as well or is that a work in progress? I know the plan was to start the Garden Wings when the Tower was complete.

Thanks!

Raxel7851

Hiya Pals!

I know the main tower at the Contemporary has been refurbished already and received the Incredibles overlay. Have the Garden Wings been refurbished as well or is that a work in progress? I know the plan was to start the Garden Wings when the Tower was complete.

Thanks!
I believe the Garden Wing was just recently completed. Like in the last few years.

wdwfan22

The garden wings have not been refurbished yet. They really need to get on it. The rooms are looking very rough. We stayed in one in August and had to change rooms because of some issues. They are not worth the price right now.

nickys

Premium Member
Thanks for the info. I thought they had been refurbed. We stayed there in 2019 and our room was pretty nice.
They haven’t had the Incredibles makeover that the Tower rooms have just had done this summer.

I’m not sure if has been definitively stated whether or not the Garden Wing rooms are getting the same treatment. Opinions from a couple of CMs on this forum differed, so at this point it isn’t clear one way or the other.

No announcements, but it has to be on the table given the condition. Total speculation, but they could be considering -

-Expanding the Incredibles theme - this makes the most sense given the ease, and would match the complete roll out of Moana at the Poly. However they have not announced this for Bay Lake, which somehow feels less likely there.

-Building another DVC property, which is difficult due to the land potentially being unable to support it near the water.

-If the Incredibles rooms are not well received/demand lower than expected, perhaps they try to wait it out - and rebuild these w/o the incredibles theme in a few years.

My vote would be to theme them in more the classic Contemporary style of the lobby and the bathrooms in the new rooms - w/o the Incredibles theme. This would also be a better fit for Bay Lake, in minor touches, which will also need upgrades fairly soon (murphy beds!)

nickys

Premium Member
No announcements, but it has to be on the table given the condition. Total speculation, but they could be considering -

-Expanding the Incredibles theme - this makes the most sense given the ease, and would match the complete roll out of Moana at the Poly. However they have not announced this for Bay Lake, which somehow feels less likely there.

-Building another DVC property, which is difficult due to the land potentially being unable to support it near the water.

-If the Incredibles rooms are not well received/demand lower than expected, perhaps they try to wait it out - and rebuild these w/o the incredibles theme in a few years.

My vote would be to theme them in more the classic Contemporary style of the lobby and the bathrooms in the new rooms - w/o the Incredibles theme. This would also be a better fit for Bay Lake, in minor touches, which will also need upgrades fairly soon (murphy beds!)
What they do to the Contemporary rooms is likely to have little effect on what they do at Bay Lake, which should get a full refurb in 2024, based on the 7 year cycle.

The DVC rooms at the Poly didn’t get the full Moana treatment, in fact it was very light touches (and the Lilo and Stich theme of the single Murphy bed stayed). It was technically a soft goods refurb albeit with the Murphy bed added in place of the sofa bed. In general DVC rooms have much lighter themeing than the regular resorts.

KTK

We stayed there 12/10/21 - 12/19/21 and didn't see any construction (though we were closer to the main tower)

paintingroses

Thought I would bump this to see if anyone had any new information.

Do you think these rooms will be finished by August? I mean, that is a really long time lol

mpaulam

In the Parks
No
We could see work going on in the rooms closest to Bay Lake as we passed on the boat to MK the first 2 weeks of February. As someone previously said, lots of dumpsters and EZ Ups set up around the area too.

HilaryK

We are supposed to be Staying in the Garden Wing April 2nd - 10th and they still haven't moved us. I'm wondering if they are doing the renovations in sections and we are going to have to listen to a lot of construction if we are in the room during the day. Luckily we don't plan on being there during the day very much but it's a lot of money to pay to stay in a construction zone. The reservation agents have no information at all about it and you can't get to the front desk directly. We just have to wait and see what happens. I'll let you all know!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom