Contemporary Food and Fun Center

dylan0511

Can anyone confirm that the food part of the old food and fun center is open on the 4th floor? I know the new arcade just opened, but is the food part up there as well?

thanks

monorailguy01

As far as I know the arcade is on the 4th floor and the food center is still on the first but will move to the 4th floor, they are making a really fancy resturant where the old food and fun center was. Im not 100% sure if the food court will be up next to the arcade or not. But I am sure someone on here would know.

And yes they are serious and they took out the whole slection under the monorail where the shops use to be and thats the new arcade.

Upvote 0

SGT623

Just got back from there. The arcade is open on the main floor (4th) and the food service area is still open in the 1st floor location, but the old arcade area is still blocked off with signs telling guest to visit the 4th floor

Upvote 0

Imaginationeer

I'm sorry, but thhis project has sickened me. Not because of the movement of the arcade, but the closure of Fantasia has angered me deeply as well as the disappearance of the pin station. They are ruining the greatest resort!

Upvote 0

kbmum

I called the Contemporary yesterday and was told that the food center would be moved to a temporary location across from Chef Mickey's (no date given). I remember a small restaurant/bar over there from trips past, but I don't know if that still exists. I was also told that next to the new arcade, the sundries shop is still by the windows. It's cheaper to buy milk and other drinks there than at the food center.

We ate many meals (especially breakfast) at the food center during our trip last July, so I'm relieved that something will be in place for our trip this July. :)

Upvote 0

wdwtiggerga

still a rumor?

When I worked as a CM at the Contemporary, we were told that the Food and Fun Center was going to be moving next to Chef Mickeys were the Steak House was, now this was all the way back in August of last year, so sounds like still a rumor to me!

Upvote 0

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I'm sorry, but thhis project has sickened me. Not because of the movement of the arcade, but the closure of Fantasia has angered me deeply as well as the disappearance of the pin station. They are ruining the greatest resort!

I wouldn't say it sickens me, but I am annoyed at how long this process is taking. Room refurbs were delayed by problems with shipments due to the hurricanes during that period.

I do not understand why the refurbishment of the Concourse is taking so long. There is no good reason the arcade took so long. They didn't even begin moving the arcade games themselves until 2 days before it opened and there's not much else in there except a standard department store display setup for the ticket redemption. It took way too long to refinish the walls and install carpet - the room is otherwise a hollow shell.

The temporary carpet i just silly too. It's ugly and boring and make the whole Concourse seem crappy and dull. Why put up concept art showing beautiful new Mary Blair inspired carpet but then throw down grey? I get maybe it's because of construction - but at the same time, it's been months and not a thing has been done on the Concourse itself!

I'm just giving up - the place it's getting uglier by the day and wont be finished anytime soon. I have no desire to stay at or recommend the Contemporary in the meantime, and i feel bad for people who are staying there.

Upvote 0

Cynderella

That's flippin horrible that they moved it up there. I heard rumors about it but I didnt know they actually did it. Where are they putting the stores then? Ugh makes me not want to ever stay in the tower part because I can't imagine the noise! It's so sad they always have to go and ruin things that were perfectly fine to begin with. :fork:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom