Contemporary Bedding

mmnw

Original Poster
So I need to consider germs regarding ONE of my kids. Please don't lecture me on germs. It's our situation.

Does anyone know if the comforter or duvet is covered by a new sheet? I know you can ask for a clean comforter but I don't want to be pegged as a pain or have it held against me if I need another request.

I'd rather not take it off as we often need another layer with different family member's needs.

I heard they wash the blanket between guests their but I don't believe it is really true or even feasible.

Can anyone share their experiences?

HouCuseChickie

I honestly can't remember how it was when we stayed there, but just a thought...

...if it's something you need that would make a child's stay healthier for whatever reason- ask for it. Unlike room locations, etc. - I wouldn't think something like this would be considered a room request. I know I've added notes on to my reservation concerning my older one's food allergies and my younger one's sensitivities to harsh cleaning products.

It's not a pain if someone's health is involved - IMO :)

cw1982

So I need to consider germs regarding ONE of my kids. Please don't lecture me on germs. It's our situation.

Does anyone know if the comforter or duvet is covered by a new sheet? I know you can ask for a clean comforter but I don't want to be pegged as a pain or have it held against me if I need another request.

I'd rather not take it off as we often need another layer with different family member's needs.

I heard they wash the blanket between guests their but I don't believe it is really true or even feasible.

Can anyone share their experiences?

I wouldn't think that asking for a clean comforter would be something that would get you "pegged," especially if you explain that it's for medical reasons.

Or, if you're that worried about it, would it work to bring an extra sheet from home?

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Disney has removed all comforers from most resorts and they are gone from the Contemporary.

They have gone to the new system to cut down on germs and inkiness. The fitted sheet, another sheet, a white blanket another sheet. They yank it all when changing bedding.

Here is the Contemporary.
DSCN4732.jpg

42688_0912190106001888378_STD.jpg
42688_1001112025002334019_STD.jpg

You can just throw the bed scarf in the closet along with the throw pillows.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I can handle that set up. Thanks!!!
I like this change! Thanks for sharing @Gabe1

You're welcome. I am a professed germaphobic so I'm all in for the new triple sheeting. It started to pop up in a few resorts in the fall and Disney has continued to roll it out even in resorts that had recently received bedding upgrades. This decision ties in with Disney expanding their laundry facilities that they just broke ground on to handle the WDW resort and DVC resort expansion over the years. The bedspreads required dry cleaning and the removal of the bedspreads will dramatically cut down on that expensive and the triple sheet cleaning is greener. It is also becoming the hotel industry standard, in the more upscale resorts I've stayed in and even some of the moderate range ones went to the triple sheeting around 5 years ago.

Visually (only) I will miss seeing those pretty quilts in many of the resorts. The decor of the resort rooms were often designed around the quilts. The white sheeting that I personally love for its cleanliness is not nearly as visually appealing with the current decors at the resorts. Likely over the next decade as the resorts come up for scheduled renovation the rugs, drapes and walls along with the art work will be designed with more color to offset the white bedding I suspect. Meanwhile I will happily crawl under the crisp, triple sheeting.

minniemickeyfan

Caribbean Beach and POR have had the triple sheeting since at least last June. Pop had it too when we were there this Jan. It is so much nicer and cleaner!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom