Contemporary 7-19 Photo Update

jt04

Steve just posted some nice new pics including some of the Disney version of "the bridge to nowhere". :lookaroun

hokielutz

Too bad the photo of the blueprints turned out to be a photo of the blurry-prints.

Anyways, when will the majority of the construction on the main-concourse be completed?

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
What are the odds that the South wing will eventually be demolished for a matching south tower? As it stands, the resort looks completely off balance. A matching south tower might make the whole resort a little easier to stomach. Hate it right now. What do you think?

Disneykidder

Pictures ar great!!

Not sure if I like the way it looks. It kind of reminds me of a high rise apartment building or a Hilton or Marriot. It really doesn't fit the Disney theming. I think I would, however, stay there because it is sooo close to my favorite park.:) If it were somewhere else on property and not on a monorail or near the MK...i'd never want to stay there.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Too bad the photo of the blueprints turned out to be a photo of the blurry-prints.

Anyways, when will the majority of the construction on the main-concourse be completed?

Looks like blueprints of the door schedule or something like that anyway...really wouldn't have told you much. :shrug:

teebin

What are the odds that the South wing will eventually be demolished for a matching south tower? As it stands, the resort looks completely off balance. A matching south tower might make the whole resort a little easier to stomach. Hate it right now. What do you think?

I think it is a clever resolve. Angular versus Circular IS the idea. It will actually make the contemporary look contemporary once again. I have always thought the design correct in response to the angular design of the contemporary. It will now be a resort of two of the most powerful geometric shapes ever created by nature. Great design and excellent juxtaposition (look it up, tis a good word). :wave:

ugotzme

i would also like to know how many rooms, and how are thay going to handle the transportation. is it not on the same loop as the poly and gf. lots of money to pay for what seems like allstar bussing.

bh7812

I'm gonna be in Disney 2 weeks from tomorrow and staying at the Poly so I'll actually get to see the progress of the tower for myself. I was expecting it to take a little longer for them to get as much of it built as they have. But witn the opening date supposed to be around Memorial Day I suppose it makes sense for this much of it to be done already.

jt04

Contemporary Becoming more......well, "Contemporary"

I think it is a clever resolve. Angular versus Circular IS the idea. It will actually make the contemporary look contemporary once again. I have always thought the design correct in response to the angular design of the contemporary. It will now be a resort of two of the most powerful geometric shapes ever created by nature. Great design and excellent juxtaposition (look it up, tis a good word). :wave:

Yes! I agree 100%. And to answer a previous question, I do believe the South Wing will be demolished next. So then we will have an angular building (the original), a circular building (new DVC) so naturally the new building will likely be a cube shape (also created as part of nature). It will all be very cool in the long run. All will be perfectly juxtaposed :wave:

PS-- I am hoping against hope that they will build a pedestrian bridge or some sort of "people mover" from the Wilderness Lodge to the new south wing building. It would prove very popular and economical! I gare-run-tee it!

WishIwasThere

The south wing will be demolished and a square building will be built. Then you will have a square, a trapazoid, and a cylindrical building set...then it might look better.

Vernonpush

Ahhh, cube. Like this?
futur12.jpg

bgraham34

Are you able to walk to the Magic Kingdom from the Contemporary. I was wondering if there are paths. I dont recall if there are or not?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom