Construction restarted at Walt Disney World Resort - What is Actually still on

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Original Poster
Well since someone inexplicably bumped a 6 month untouched thread, I’ll take a swing at it.

Have questions:
  • Anyone know the status on the WL cash room refurb? I assume it is long since finished?
  • Is MK entry finished?
  • Is TTC work finished?
  • Have the resumed work on or completed the Epcot transportation hub?
  • I previously had Woody’s Backyard BBQ as restarted but now that seems wrong? Anyone know?

Thanks y’all

JoeCamel

Well since someone inexplicably bumped a 6 month untouched thread, I’ll take a swing at it.

Have questions:
  • Anyone know the status on the WL cash room refurb? I assume it is long since finished?
  • Is MK entry finished?
  • Is TTC work finished?
  • I previously had Woody’s Backyard BBQ as restarted but now that seems wrong? Anyone know?

Thanks y’all
TTC? No

nickys

Premium Member

Have questions:
  • Is MK entry finished?
  • Is TTC work finished?

Thanks y’all
WL room refurb still ongoing, but resort is set to open in May or June so presumably near to completion.

HauntedMansionFLA

Have questions:
  • Is MK entry finished?
  • Is TTC work finished?

Thanks y’all
TTC has a bunch of white tents out front 😉

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Original Poster
Animal Kingdom entrance is another one I feel like has to be done by now......right?

FigmentsFangirl

Have questions:
  • Is MK entry finished?
  • Is TTC work finished?

Thanks y’all
You're welcome

FigmentsFangirl

Epcots entry area from what I understand is now complete {complete with new music speakers with amazing sound!} All construction walls appear to be down and Leave a Legacy is also back and open if you want to call it that

nickys

Premium Member
Epcots entry area from what I understand is now complete {complete with new music speakers with amazing sound!} All construction walls appear to be down and Leave a Legacy is also back and open if you want to call it that
Is the fountain on all the time yet?

And I don’t know if all the Leave a Legacy tiles are up either.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
From the Epcot thread:

Things not happening (for now... maybe...)

The only thing that may be totally scrapped is the Festival building. Right now, Disney's saying that there will be a Festival *area*. We presume grass and booths. There's a rumor that once the parks are back at normal capacity and finances stabilize, they may still make a stab at the proposed 3-tier toadstool building.

Mary Poppins [a story-time attraction] is indefinitely delayed.

The Wishing Tree's status is unknown.

The Spaceship Earth uptheming is indefinitely delayed.

And... that's it.

Taking @marni1971's timeline and the rest of the projects...

Everything else that was mentioned pre-COVID is still coming:
  • Harmonius (could be this year, or next, EF may or may not precede it... all depends on COVID)
  • Cosmic Rewind (delayed to 2022)
  • PLAY! may be delayed to 2022
  • Ratatouille (Oct 1)
  • Creperie (Oct 1)
  • Hub:
    • Hub "storytelling" fountain (2023)
    • Journey of Water (2023)
    • Dreamer's Point (2023)
    • Festival "area" (2023)
    • New Mouse Gears -- this year
    • New Electric Umbrella -- this year
    • New Club Cool -- this year
    • New Starbucks- - this year
  • new movie in China: Wondrous China (TBD)
  • updated Impressions de France movie (TBD)
  • Space 220 -- "soon"
  • Bonus Gelato Stand -- "soon"
  • New lighting package on SSE (TBD)

Part of the EPCOT 'transformation' and done:
  • New Entrance
    • New Entrance trams and security screening
    • New Entrance Fountain
    • New Entrance lighting package
    • New space for Leave a Legacy
  • New movies
    • Canada
    • the Land
    • France's singalong
  • Regal Eagle BBQ
  • Various restrooms upgraded

FigmentsFangirl

From what I understand before covid the plan was for SSE overhaul to begin in May of 2020, but because of rthe park closure and the demand for the ride as a whole the idea was put on the "CANCELLED ? pile"

At least that is how I see it, I cant confirm or deny anything, this is just what I observe

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
From what I understand before covid the plan was for SSE overhaul to begin in May of 2020, but because of rthe park closure and the demand for the ride as a whole the idea was put on the "CANCELLED ? pile"

At least that is how I see it, I cant confirm or deny anything, this is just what I observe

Here...

Blog Mickey jumped to conclusions. Yes, the odyssey display was purposely changed. This is because the park overhaul - and the timeline - is being re evaluated and will change. SSE will have a refurb, just not yet. To what extent is still being decided upon.

The refurb is not cancelled. Just postponed and like other things may have a change of direction.

Since some of you were wondering what is on the table and what isn't, here's the latest update from a friend. Take it with a grain of salt, but this particular source has been mostly accurate in the past.

Status of Active Projects

SSE - Indefinitely Delayed

RSoxNo1

I appreciate the project status list, but what we really need is an Insider Status list!

We need a list that shows who is a real insider and who is a fake insider (and, just to appease @WDW Pro, we should include an accuracy percentage).
I looked into doing this, but it's hard to really gauge. So many rumors have a multitude of people weighing in on them. If someone weighs in on it and gives a piece of the puzzle how much do you count that?

JoeCamel

I looked into doing this, but it's hard to really gauge. So many rumors have a multitude of people weighing in on them. If someone weighs in on it and gives a piece of the puzzle how much do you count that?
And info comes and goes. Some people come across info in different ways so no one knows everything except for.......

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom