Construction on I75

jonabyte

Anyone driven down on I75 lately? I am wondering if there are any major construction to watch for. Heading down next week.
Thanks!

luv

If you have AAA, you can get a Trip-Tik with construction noted and alternate routes given, where they'll be faster. :)

But No, I haven't been on 75 lately. :)

Upvote 0

Kristamouse

Thank you we were wondering too...just curious from 75 do you take I-4? I feel like the longest part of the drive is from the FL state lone to I-4...

Upvote 0

nepalostparks

Thank you we were wondering too...just curious from 75 do you take I-4? I feel like the longest part of the drive is from the FL state lone to I-4...

Personally, I wouldn't. Taking 75 from the Fl/GA state line I would jump on the Florida Turnpike down to 429 (Western Beltway) and then come into Disney that way. If you take 75 all the way down to I-4 and back up to Disney, it's definitely a longer route. Plus right now, there is a lot of construction on 75 as you come into Tampa, so depending on what time of day you are coming through, it could end up adding a lot of time to your drive.

Upvote 0

RedDad

Smitty Werben JagerManJensen
Personally, I wouldn't. Taking 75 from the Fl/GA state line I would jump on the Florida Turnpike down to 429 (Western Beltway) and then come into Disney that way. If you take 75 all the way down to I-4 and back up to Disney, it's definitely a longer route. Plus right now, there is a lot of construction on 75 as you come into Tampa, so depending on what time of day you are coming through, it could end up adding a lot of time to your drive.
Yes - this ^^ is much better in my opinion. One thing to keep in mind - you will need to have a bunch of quarters ready for the toll roads! If I remember correctly last year one was $3 and the other $1.25.

Upvote 0

jonabyte

Original Poster
Yes - this ^^ is much better in my opinion. One thing to keep in mind - you will need to have a bunch of quarters ready for the toll roads! If I remember correctly last year one was $3 and the other $1.25.

Yes the turnpike, I kind of assumed most people would take this?

Thanks for all the replies, I am going down next week and will post if there are any major stoppage.
:)

Upvote 0

lazyboy97o

Don't know if you're coming from north of Atlanta, but there has been a lot of construction on I-285 the last few months. I would recommend taking I-75/85 (Downtown Connector) even if there are some events in the city that may cause delays. I actually have to head further south in the next couple of days so I will try and remember to come back and note of anything excessive.

Upvote 0

RedDad

Smitty Werben JagerManJensen
Still construction on I75 thru Macon, but its not as bad as they're getting close to finishing. If you're not going to stop in Macon I'd still probably take 475 around

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom