Construction near Monorail Way

Slowjack

Original Poster
I searched and couldn't find a thread that mentioned this, so if I missed it, feel free to close this thread. But I was wondering what the construction was about, just north of Monorail Way, basically between the road and the railroad. Hillside is dug up and it looked like retaining walls we being added. Maybe that's all it is, but I couldn't understand why it would be needed now?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I searched and couldn't find a thread that mentioned this, so if I missed it, feel free to close this thread. But I was wondering what the construction was about, just north of Monorail Way, basically between the road and the railroad. Hillside is dug up and it looked like retaining walls we being added. Maybe that's all it is, but I couldn't understand why it would be needed now?

They are building a new storm water retention pond with the retaining wall between the tracks and the pond.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Slowjack

Original Poster
Ah, thanks, I knew someone would come through quickly with the answer. Is this perhaps replacing capacity lost from Tron-related construction?

lazyboy97o

While I don’t see any evidence of infrastructure in the photos for it, it would be really nice if this was for a fantastic water feature. I’m sure it’s just going to be plantings and probably a sign of some sort.
Why would a retention pond have a sign? And for what, the park?

mousekedoc

Premium Member
While I don’t see any evidence of infrastructure in the photos for it, it would be really nice if this was for a fantastic water feature. I’m sure it’s just going to be plantings and probably a sign of some sort.
I can see the terraced plantings. But why spend that money? I think it’s to allow for a little space between the train and the new tree line for some form of sign or static scene, example: Frontierland.
I think it’s for enhancing the ride experience.
Either that or it’s because they didn’t want to eat into the parking lot.
Whatever the reason, I think it’s a bit of nice landscape architecture.

lazyboy97o

I can see the terraced plantings. But why spend that money? I think it’s to allow for a little space between the train and the new tree line for some form of sign or static scene, example: Frontierland.
I think it’s for enhancing the ride experience.
Either that or it’s because they didn’t want to eat into the parking lot.
Whatever the reason, I think it’s a bit of nice landscape architecture.
The terraces not the pond and also not a billboard. Think entrance to the grand Floridian type sign. Low profile and classy.
The terraces go into the pond. What would the sign be for and who would be reading it?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom