Construction Inside the Contemporary

laxplaya1346

Original Poster
Last friday, 8/17, my family and I traveled to Chef Mickey's for an early breakfast and saw the expected Contemporary outside construction as the foundation was done and the supports were now being up. We were however suprised to find the entire main floor of the hotel to be walled off and the sounds of hardware machines was going off. I went to get a higher view to find this.

DSC00465.jpg

It seems they are taking out the floor boards and adding new tracks in the floor, is this for the new monorail coming in from the new building? Don't worry the gift shop is still open.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
To be fair, they're also undoing/redoing the last several changes made to the resort.

They're ripping out the planters with the corregated concrete look, ripping up all the old river-rock style flooring, and replacing all of the carpet.

nbodyhome

It is a new shop to replace Fantasia. I put pics up last week (on my own site) from the beginning of it, then I put more photos up yesterday, and I should have more photos up next Friday.

The shop is supposed to take 3 months. The temp quick service should be done pretty soon, in a couple of weeks or so.

Denise

sweetpee_1993

I hope the new shop takes only 3 months. I've got ressies for a tower room in the Contemporary the first week of December. If all that construction is still going on, I will probably look for alternate resorts. I don't wanna, tho. The Contemporary is my dream-come-true! :D

jmuboy

I like the look of the new shop. Overall I am very pleased with this "Dinsey version of a boutique hotel" feel that the Contemporary has taken on. If only the DVC tower was canceled or shrunk 10 stories.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom