News Construction going on at Grand Park, Muppet-Vision sign gone

Moth

I don't see them spending money for a while...they have to recover from the expense of the new EPCOT flex-space hall... lol
They're dumping $14-16 bil into WDW over the next decade.
You think they will divorce SWGE from the sequel? What would it entail? Vader in ROTR? Mandoverse attractions? Oops, all jarjar?
I doubt it'd be a ROTR retheme. That ride scores incredibly well and it'd just be a lot of work for little payoff.

Mandoverse attractions? Maybe??? It'd be more "characters from other trilogies/parts showing up more in merch/character encounters".

Sneakman

I doubt it'd be a ROTR retheme. That ride scores incredibly well and it'd just be a lot of work for little payoff.

Mandoverse attractions? Maybe??? It'd be more "characters from other trilogies/parts showing up more in merch/character encounters".
That seems likely. I’d be down with “characters in other trilogies”.
I see it safe for a long time. It being the last thing Jim Henson made and how much the Muppets brand relies on his name, I see no reason Disney would want to completely eliminate The Muppets in WDW.
do you see the muppets getting anything else at all? Id LOVE a new attraction, but I’d be down with just a full grand park advenue update to the muppets, like retheming mama Melrose and baseline to muppets. They already have pizzerizzo. Maybe mama Melrose sweedish chef? Star tours could be listed in echo lake again. Idk what happens with star tours. It could go either way. It’s good promotion, I’ll give it that.

Sneakman

I don’t think rnrc muppets is happening anyway. My dream would be either great muppets movie ride, or Disney landing sesame street, and making a ride there where star tours is, making a whole “hensonland”

ppete1975

just change star tours to pigs in space and make that entire area muppets.
If you think about it the ATAT and the ewok village is part of the old studios. The ATAT was built to show how they only build things they have to build, which is why one half isnt complete, it was to show you how movies are made. So the question is, shouldnt they complete the ATAT now that its no longer a studios prop.

ppete1975

I don’t think rnrc muppets is happening anyway. My dream would be either great muppets movie ride, or Disney landing sesame street, and making a ride there where star tours is, making a whole “hensonland”
seaworld would like to talk to you about sesame street....
Also sesame street isnt part of disney.

ppete1975

I don’t think a muppets ride ground up could really happen anymore with disneys little focus on the ip. Plus where would it go, star tours?
theres plenty of space... theres a big plot where a stunt show is currently. Beyond that they own the IP so its possible. They dont own sesame street, and that was intentional.

Sneakman

If the planned DHS attractions in the 90s were built, would they still be here today? I’d say maybe muppets, but Roger Rabbit would DEFINITELY be gone by now.

theres plenty of space... theres a big plot where a stunt show is currently. Beyond that they own the IP so its possible. They dont own sesame street, and that was intentional.
Indy draws a lot of people, I don’t think its going anywhere.

Cmdr_Crimson

I don’t think a muppets ride ground up could really happen anymore with disneys little focus on the ip. Plus where would it go, star tours?
Oh, if only the TSM concept had went to the Muppets instead of Toy Story. We could have a had Muppets Mania where we went into the theater and Interacted with The Great Gonzo's explosions and eggs, Fozzie Comedy Warehouse balloon Pop, Pigs In space Ring Ross, Swedish Chef Brookin Dishes and so on.....

Shame that yet again they know they can make some really good attractions around Sesame Street Muppets but Not Disney Muppets and that Idea Is out Madrid Spain called Sesame Street Mission..

Last edited:

Fantasmicguy2

I'm my perfect world Muppet Vision moves to another location. Rise of the Resistance remains as is. Millennium Falcon is rethemed to be based of the Original Trilogy, and new ride is built based on the Prequel Trilogy to represent all three eras. And characters from the whole franchise can roam the parks and possibly interact similar to the old Star Wars weekends

PizzaPlanet

I think Star Tours getting a retheme is more likely than Galaxy’s Edge expanding into Grand Avenue. They put a lot of effort into making that a transition area. Expanding there would create sight line issues with the rest of park unless they created another berm

Bocabear

If it was a different setting within the Star Wars universe it might not be a sightline issue.... It doesn't have to be towering rocks... it could be other structures that are not as crazy tall...

PizzaPlanet

Also they should demolish the Muppets store and replace it with a Muppet-themed Triceratops Spin (or another flat if that won’t fit). It’d be a cheap way to add ride capacity with no height restrictions

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom