News Construction going on at Grand Park, Muppet-Vision sign gone

gerarar

Premium Member
I created another thread the other day about this. At the time I theorized that they were building a new permanent stack stand.
Late last week the Grand Avenue snack cart was moved across from its usual location, and now overnight, new walls have been set up along a good portion of the surrounding area and Muppet courtyard, including the previous spot of the snack cart. Bathrooms are still open. The GET umbrellas that previously occupied the new snack kiosk location are gone now.

My best guess is they're building a new permanent (larger) snack kiosk stand for the area? This is also where they were selling the Lightsaber churros during May the Fourth last month.

Also, the recently added (late-2022) Gelato cart was not affected. Can see it in the background with the red umbrellas.

Last week showing the snack cart in its new location:
View attachment 722207
View attachment 722208

Last night & today with temporary walls and signage now setup:
View attachment 722209
View attachment 722210
View attachment 722211

castlecake2.0

Thread drift… was thinking how grand avenue has so many closed venues still including the Stage 1 shop and It’s a Wonderful Shop and was imaging turning Stage 1 into a year round holiday themed bar. Theme it like a movie set warehouse with Christmas props, including some from Muppet Christmas Carol to connect with muppet vision and pizza rizzo. Over the top holiday bars have become more and more popular and they could use it as a place to get rid of excess holiday novelties during the rest of the year, and just think of how *instagrammy* it would be. They could use mamas and rizzo kitchen to prep everything and just wheel it over. Reopen its a wonderful shop to take advantage of people feeling festive and there ya have it.

Cmdr_Crimson

IMO they really need to put something above the marquee..The blank space above is such an eyesore only having to grab your attention to the sides of the theater sign..
Jim-Hensons-MuppetVision-3D_Full_30425.jpg

Still not sure what their intentions are with them as they want to say "Hey we have Muppets" but, just shove them in the corner no one will notice..This really needs more for them in this area..

ProjectXBlog

IMO they really need to put something above the marquee..The blank space above is such an eyesore only having to grab your attention to the sides of the theater sign..
Jim-Hensons-MuppetVision-3D_Full_30425.jpg

Still not sure what their intentions are with them as they want to say "Hey we have Muppets" but, just shove them in the corner no one will notice..This really needs more for them in this area..
God, that sucks.

Phroobar

That should make it easy to turn the theater into a flex space. Looks like the beginning of the end of for the Muppetvision.

YodaMan

That should make it easy to turn the theater into a flex space. Looks like the beginning of the end of for the Muppetvision.

The title of this thread is still misleading. No sign is gone that hasn’t been gone since at least 2017. The front has looked that way since before the land changes when TSL and GE were announced for the Studios overhaul. Nothing indicates “the beginning of the end” here. If anything more love and touching up has been put into MuppetVision in the past few months than we’ve seen in decades with recent work on the seating, fountain, projections, and displays.

Sneakman

Please don't run off and spread it everywhere 😭

MuppetVision got a whole bunch of TLC earlier this year, I see no reason it's IMMEDIATELY on it's way out.
I put it in a Star Wars thread, but I put a great big disclaimer in front of it. It was before your second post. Sorry about that. :(
Disclaimer: this is a RUMOR. Plans are subject to change, or be not true at all. Do not take this as complete fact, just something that could happen.”

Moth

I will be right now it ain't happening. Not this decade at least
I see it safe for a long time. It being the last thing Jim Henson made and how much the Muppets brand relies on his name, I see no reason Disney would want to completely eliminate The Muppets in WDW.

Galaxy's Edge already has an expansion pad built in, there's the constant looming rumor of a complete divorce from the Sequel Trilogy setting, and the lack of SW theatrical films all put points that Muppetvision won't be at risk from GE.

I doubt they're even paying attention to expanding GE since they have Animation Courtyard and Launch Bay to tackle beforehand. They won't remove MV3D when those are undeveloped spaces.

Did they talk about it? Yeah. Are they gonna do it? Ehh...

Sneakman

Galaxy's Edge already has an expansion pad built in, there's the constant looming rumor of a complete divorce from the Sequel Trilogy setting, and the lack of SW theatrical films all put points that Muppetvision won't be at risk from GE.
You think they will divorce SWGE from the sequel? What would it entail? Vader in ROTR? Mandoverse attractions? Oops, all jarjar? Genuinely tho, what would ROTR look like in a complete divorce from sequel trilogy?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom