Construction delay status- planning

emar68

Hi everyone. I know Disney had paused their construction during the lock down (makes sense; no money in == no money out). Any updates on rough opening estimates for Tron, Guardians of the Galaxy, etc. with the delays? Also general construction progress in Epcot? I had planned on an August 2021 vacation, but if Epcot will still be all construction walls, may consider moving to 2022. If this thread is already posted elsewhere here please point me to it- thanks!

nickys

Premium Member
Hi everyone. I know Disney had paused their construction during the lock down (makes sense; no money in == no money out). Any updates on rough opening estimates for Tron, Guardians of the Galaxy, etc. with the delays? Also general construction progress in Epcot? I had planned on an August 2021 vacation, but if Epcot will still be all construction walls, may consider moving to 2022. If this thread is already posted elsewhere here please point me to it- thanks!
Well there is this thread that is tracking what is restarted.

Tron, Guardians and Ratatouille are all restarted. Ratatouille should be ready by October, although whether it opens then is not known. The timescales for Tron and GOTG might have been pushed back 4 months, but that could also change.

The Epcot spine is now back to the drawing board whilst they consider their options, expect things to be scaled back and cancelled. That was always going to take around 2 years anyway so even 2022 will likely see some construction.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Ive stopped wondering and hoping for timed openings. Disneys disappointed me time after time with predicted or announced openings only to have them delayed or pushed back due to changes in plans, poor trials, or soft opening problems that arose. I know Covids put a wrench into the works this time... but like my parents would tell me when I was a kid... It will happen when it happens.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom