Construction behind Carinbean Beach?

KevinPage

Original Poster
what's going on here? Hotel expansion? It isn't the Saratoga Springs or Pop Century buildings. but there are cranes and complete clearing of land going on.

Kevin

Tim G

Originally posted by KevinPage
what's going on here? Hotel expansion? It isn't the Saratoga Springs or Pop Century buildings. but there are cranes and complete clearing of land going on.

Kevin

IMO they're re-habbing some of the buildings...
There are some big cranes at work...

Pioneer Hall

Originally posted by Corrus
Are you shure??

Right behind Caribbean Beach a NON-DISNEY hotel is being built. The Bonnet Creek Resort or something like that will be in the middle of Disney, but not be Disney owned.

There were spots of land Disney couldn't buy when they originally purchased, and now the owner of one of those lots is using it to his advantage.

Invero

The Bonnet Creek Resort area will be the home of some non-Disney timeshare resorts. I beleive they will be run by Fairfield, although someone can correct me if Im mistaken.

MicBat

Originally posted by DisneyInsider
There were spots of land Disney couldn't buy when they originally purchased, and now the owner of one of those lots is using it to his advantage.
I'd say!... imagine how much that land is actually worth now!

po1998

Bonnet Creek property

Is the Bonnet Creek land surrounded by Disney on all 4 sides? Does anyone have a picture that would show the approximate location of this land?

Thanks!

Big Pooh

Located within the 480-acre master-planned Bonnet Creek Resort development, the parcel is bounded on three sides by Disney property and accessible via Buena Vista Drive.

The quote above is from Orlando Business Journal. As for a picture of where the property is located, I'll look around and see what I can find.

Cheers :wave:

CmdrTostada

Its blocked by Disney owned alnd on 3 sides. The other side is blocked by the highway, so disney was forced to let them build the entrance on disney property

jmarc63

Originally posted by Turbogames
Its blocked by Disney owned alnd on 3 sides. The other side is blocked by the highway, so disney was forced to let them build the entrance on disney property

One thing to add is the main roadways at WDW that are not part of a resorts entry/access to parking areas, Ect are part of the Orange County Highway department and are governed and patroled by the Orange county and it's Sheriff Dept. so since Buena vista Blvd is a county Highway Disney had no choice but to allow access from ther property to this resort

lt-hambone

Even more info

There are two great threads on these boards about Bonnet Creek Resort - check them out!

Bonnet Creek Resort?? - this one has a great aerial shot of the property in question. What's also neat is that in the first picture by DonickCo you can see in the green outline another piece of non-Disney property that had a house on it. Guess what's there now?

More Info on the New NON-Disney Resort - take a look at Turbogames picture - this is what is now in the green outline from DonickCo's picture in the above post!

Enjoy!

goofyman

Originally posted by Turbogames
I'm no lawyer but, i do not think Disney could have been "Forced to let them use Disney property to enter theirs. I might be wrong, BUT, I bet they had to pay for that right

lt-hambone

Originally posted by goofyman
I'm no lawyer but, i do not think Disney could have been "Forced to let them use Disney property to enter theirs. I maght be wrong, BUT, I bet they had to pay for that wright

While on a backstage tour, I asked our tour guide pretty much the same question – “Was Disney forced to grant access?”

The answer was yes. Apparently, the original owners of the property didn’t force the issue. When the property was sold and plans for a resort were proposed, Disney denied access. Their argument was that they would be providing services to a direct competitor. When Fairfield Resorts took over and proposed timeshares, they argued that their timeshares were not a direct competitor to Disney. [Note: Yes, Disney has DVC. But DVC and a true timeshare are different entities. For one thing, if you are note a DVC member, you can still rent a room at a DVC resort. You can not do that with a timeshare resort – for the most part.] The local authorities agreed, and Disney was forced to allow access to the property.

My father-in-law is a judge and explain the whole mess to me. Basically, if your land is the only way for someone else to access their land, you have to give them access unless that access will interfere with your business.

As a side note, the part Disney was most concerned about was not having control over what would be built. Could you imagine a Super 8 or Motel 6 right next to the Caribbean Beach Resort? But so far it looks like Disney’s fears will not be realized.

po1998

I guess the person who owned this piece of property was very happy they did not sell it(back during the secret land purchases), prior to the public announcement that WDW was going to be built right next door. Lucky guy...maybe he had inside information?????

lt-hambone

I seem to recall...

Originally posted by po1998
I guess the person who owned this piece of property was very happy they did not sell it(back during the secret land purchases), prior to the public announcement that WDW was going to be built right next door. Lucky guy...maybe he had inside information?????

Someone will need to back me up on this one.

I seem to recall reading in one of the WDW history books that try as hard as he could, Walt was not %100 successful in keeping his land purchases a secret. Despite the fact that he was using dummy names (which appear on the upstairs’ windows in Main Street), some people were very suspicious and refused to sell. Hence the two properties around the Caribbean Beach Resort.

Yeah, talk about lucky. I wonder what the history of those two parcels is – Pop Century is built on one parcel – how did Disney get it? It would really suck if the owner of the land died before he could sell, and never saw a penny of Disney’s money!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom