News Construction at Typhoon Lagoon?

Bill Cipher

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Afternoon everyone! I'm at Typhoon Lagoon today and while I was floating down the lazy river earlier I noticed some construction fences. I've got some pictures but can't seem to upload them right now. The fence was located towards the south side of the park, between Leaning Palms and Ketchakiddie Creek, and the area around it had some survey flags stuck in the ground. I also saw some people in uniforms surveying the area from atop the berm, didn't get pictures of them though. Does anyone have any permits or information on this? It's likely just landscaping/maintenance if I had to guess, but they had a considerable amount of land cleared behind the fence, and this seems like it would be a prime spot for expansion. Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Unplugged

I noticed the beginning of that when I was there in June. At the time, they simply had some of the landscaping torn up and localized water falls (the little creeks in the landscape) shut off. It looked like something was about to begin. Curious what they could be doing/adding.

techgeek

Looking at a Google Maps view, there isn't really that much space between the river and the backstage access road. Certainly not enough for a new slide or significant addition. My guess is either the expansion of the premium seating area which is right next door to the construction, or possibly a few new cabana locations.

Bill Cipher

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Looking at a Google Maps view, there isn't really that much space between the river and the backstage access road. Certainly not enough for a new slide or significant addition. My guess is either the expansion of the premium seating area which is right next door to the construction, or possibly a few new cabana locations.
That's a good analysis, but if I remember correctly they moved the berm and access road backwards when they built Miss Adventure Falls. Anything is possible, but your cabana idea seems more likely than a new slide.

Bill Cipher

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
IMG_20190729_133013106_HDR.jpg
20190729_113219_HDR.jpg
20190729_113255_HDR.jpg
IMG_20190729_132949724_HDR.jpg
20190729_113124_HDR.jpg

Here are the best of those pictures I took!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom