Considering Moving to Lithia / Fishhawk

Sadiebird

Original Poster
MY DH and I are looking into moving to Lithia, FL to the Fishhawk Ranch community. We're wondering if anyone on this forum lives there or knows anything about the area. We live on Long Island and our house has been on the market for 6 months. It would be a major change for us to move to FL, but from what we've read about this area, it looks really nice. We travel to WDW every year and we think it would be wonderful to live so close.

Any input about this community would be appreciated! Thanks!

cdunbar

I've heard both good and bad things about this development one of the women I work with just bought a townhome there and she's said that it's very nice, but they have a park right across the street from them and have some noise issues with kids playing loud music there till late late hours, and I've heard that the police department that they have is very good and whenever you have some kind of complaint they will handle it the best to their ability. She called them about the noise and the officer arrested the kids took them home and haven't had problems with that since, but now are having issues with a shopping center behind the park that has a wine shop and they have tastings all weekend long and they'll go to 2 or 3 at night and shes complained that they have had some issues with those people drinking and driving, but I mean those are things that could happen anywhere including where you live now....:shrug:...but ya know it's nice to live in Florida, I live in Lakeland which is about 30 min from the Tampa area, the weather is pretty good year around and no matter where you live in the state you're just a short drive to a gulf coast or atlantic beach....

Sadiebird

Original Poster
Thanks for the info about the area. If this all works out for us, we'll probably rent a house for a year just to make sure we really like the area and then buy something or build something new. I wouldn't buy or build near any of the shopping areas anyway, so hopefully the park/noise/drunk people problem wouldn't affect where we'd be! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom