Considering Easter 2006...

cpcpjfan

Hi all. We are currently scheduled to go down for Thanksgiving week, but something has come up, and we may have to postpone. :mad: So now we are looking at going sown during my daughter's April vacation. It falls during Easter week in 2006. I have found a list of all the activities they did during Easter this year, and wanted to know if any of you had been. If so, what are your thoughts. Were they too crowded?

CAPTAIN HOOK

Our only 4 visits to WDW have been during the Easter fortnight - due to school holidays etc. We have found the parks to be busy BUT with sufficient planning they are quite "do-able" and to be honest we have had a very enjoyable holiday each time we've been.
We have arrived early during the week before Easter when crowd levels are lighter and watched them build up to the Easter weekend, of course when Easter is over the crowd levels drop again.
The weather is usually warm to hot - a little bit of rain every now and again and the humidity is quite bearable.
I'd have no hesitation in doing an Easter vacation again

Upvote 0

cpcpjfan

Original Poster
Thanks for the info. We did the Fourth of July week back in 2003, and I found that to be bearable. The wait times on the Fourth were a bit crazy, but I figure if Easter is as busy as the Fourth was, we'll just relax at the hotel.

Upvote 0

Cinderella Fan

Easter

We go every year at Easter. The key to going at this time is knowing when the students go on Spring Break. All of the schools in FL go on Spring Break at the same time.

So, plan accordingly. The week before Easter isn't too bad. It starts to get really crowded the Friday before Easter.

As long as SB isn't the next week, it isn't too awfully crowded at that time either. But be prepared for long lines, sometimes a 90 minute wait. Especially on the most popular.

If you go at this time, take this tip. When you go into the MK, go to the left instead of heading right towards Space Mountain like most people do. That way you can get in Splash Mountain and Big Thunder before all of the big crowds. Then make your way around backwards.

Have a great trip, whenever you go!:wave:

Upvote 0

bullyx3

easter week

We were there this year for 2 weeks with Easter in the middle.It was crowded but if you can take advantage of EMH. Park hours are extended during that time.The magic kingdom was open till midnight plus 3 with EMH. It was great .So much for an early start the next day . But once you get in the groove of later starts (avoid early crowdes)and late nights it works out great.

Upvote 0

swimmom

If I had to choose between Easter week or not at all, I would go during Easter. The weather will probably be great highs about 80 and not a lot of rain. As bullyx3 said take advantage of the late hours & EMH.

Upvote 0

MareSINY

I was there this week during Easter week, we thought it would be bad but hoped that it wouldn't be too bad because the schools in the east were out the week after (we went when my nephew was out of school, Florida is out the week before NY). It was PACKED!! We managed to do everything we wanted to do, but found it a bit annoying dealing with the large crowds. We actually went to the parks one day less than we originally planned because nobody wanted to fight the crowds again.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom