Conquering Fears...RnR Time

TBrass84

Original Poster
Last time I posted, it was for our June 2017 family trip, and I wanted to try EE. I've never been big on coasters, and the biggest I did before was Thunderation at SDC in MO. Quick update, loved EE, though I could only do 2 in a row, backwards part got me a little queasy after time #2.

I am taking my wife back on New Year's for our anniversary, and want to conquer another fear, this time looking at Rockin' Roller Coaster. Any suggestions? I've never done anything with any kind of loops, inversions, corkscrews, barrel rolls, nothing at all, so the 3 inversions have me a bit anxious, and I would hate to pass out or hurl on it.

Pixieish

Last time I posted, it was for our June 2017 family trip, and I wanted to try EE. I've never been big on coasters, and the biggest I did before was Thunderation at SDC in MO. Quick update, loved EE, though I could only do 2 in a row, backwards part got me a little queasy after time #2.

I am taking my wife back on New Year's for our anniversary, and want to conquer another fear, this time looking at Rockin' Roller Coaster. Any suggestions? I've never done anything with any kind of loops, inversions, corkscrews, barrel rolls, nothing at all, so the 3 inversions have me a bit anxious, and I would hate to pass out or hurl on it.
What about it makes you so anxious?

I've ridden it a bunch of times and literally just read where you wrote "3 inversions" and was thinking to myself...wait...there were THREE? :hilarious: (I really only remember 1, but thought there were 2.)

In all seriousness though, the inversions are over so quickly that my son barely noticed them when he was 7. They're not giant loops, either...they're much lower and tighter than what you'd see on an outdoor roller-coaster...almost like each one is one turn of a corkscrew.

TBrass84

Original Poster
What about it makes you so anxious?

I've ridden it a bunch of times and literally just read where you wrote "3 inversions" and was thinking to myself...wait...there were THREE? :hilarious: (I really only remember 1, but thought there were 2.)

In all seriousness though, the inversions are over so quickly that my son barely noticed them when he was 7. They're not giant loops, either...they're much lower and tighter than what you'd see on an outdoor roller-coaster...almost like each one is one turn of a corkscrew.
The anxiousness is because I've literally never done anything even close to having 1 inversion. When I was younger, I was diagnosed with vasovagal syncope, where even thought of trauma can cause an episode of passing out. While it has been some time since I actually fainted from anything, I just worry that the ride could do it, simply from the unknown factor of not knowing what to expect during any inversion or how it may affect me.

Pixieish

The anxiousness is because I've literally never done anything even close to having 1 inversion. When I was younger, I was diagnosed with vasovagal syncope, where even thought of trauma can cause an episode of passing out. While it has been some time since I actually fainted from anything, I just worry that the ride could do it, simply from the unknown factor of not knowing what to expect during any inversion or how it may affect me.
Okay, I totally get that. Honestly, the launch is the most exciting part of the whole coaster. Don't get me wrong, it's definitely a fun coaster, but it's very short, and like I said, the inversions aren't much to write home about as far as going upside down goes.

Incomudro

Go for it.
Our whole family had a lot of anxiety going onto RnR the first time.
First couple of times.
One of the things you can do to help yourself, is to look at the other people going on the ride:
Little kids.
People older than you...
You can also think about the idea that you're not going to get hurt.

jloucks

We have ridden it probably twice. I do know once it got stuck for quite a while. It seemed like 45 minutes, but was more likely 15ish. They turned on the lights and everything. I suspect we were about to walk out, and then it started and we were good.

JIMINYCR

You should be able to handle it, the build up thinking about it is worse than the actual ride. The entire ride through goes very quickly... its not drawn out like EE. There is a pause at the beginning as you wait for the countdown to launch, which might add to some anxiety. But once the ride car starts theres a lot of very loud Aerosmith music playing that yoou concentrate on and helps get your fear off of the turns and loops and they come and go very quickly. The ride is over before you know it.

Goofyernmost

I had the same fears as you about inversions and corkscrew coasters, :jawdrop: then I let my grandson talk shame me into going on RnRC. I'll be honest here... it's in the dark so by the time I realized we did all those things it was the end of the ride. I all happens so fast that you don't even realize it's happening. It's only a minute or so and it's over... let yourself do it. The worst part is the anticipation.:coldfeet::eek::happy:

TrojanUSC

RnR is a good coaster for a first-timer. It's somewhat intense but VERY brief, also in between the two inversions it's relatively tame.

graphite1326

Actually going upside down, barrel rolls, all that just isn't that bad. It's over before you realize it. If you can handle going backwards on EE you can handle going inverted, no problem.

Actually, the first time I rode RnR I didn't even realize we went upside down at the top of the "shoot" until I rode it the second time.

AndyS2992

Rock n Rollercoaster is a perfect example of ‘baby’s first coaster’, it’s short and not particularly intense at all. The launch is probably the ‘scariest’ part but even then it’s not that bad and lasts all of two seconds. I don’t like coasters much but RNR is a piece of cake. Just get on, hold tight and you’ll be fine. If you get anxious just look at all the little kids and seniors getting on and remember coasters are designed to be fun and thrilling, not scary or harmful. You’re at Disney.

Last edited:

ChanceH

Like everyone else stated, the most anxious part is the launch and it's not bad. The inversions are literally so fast you probably won't notice your upside down. My 8yr old road it this past trip in October under the pretense it has no "loopdy-loops". Yes I told a white lie to him. We got done and he LOVED it, asked instantly If we could get back in line and go again. We rode it a second time and then I told him he went upside down 3 times. He looked at me and said no we didn't your lying. I had to pull up a YouTube video to convince him we actually had. He stated "oh well I didn't know. I still love it."

And so hopefully no one bashes me for putting him on something he was worried about, he absolutely loves BTMRR, 7DMT, EE, FOP. Pretty much all the parks big ticket attractions. My wife and I knew he would love RNRC if he got over the inversions.

Pixieish

Like everyone else stated, the most anxious part is the launch and it's not bad. The inversions are literally so fast you probably won't notice your upside down. My 8yr old road it this past trip in October under the pretense it has no "loopdy-loops". Yes I told a white lie to him. We got done and he LOVED it, asked instantly If we could get back in line and go again. We rode it a second time and then I told him he went upside down 3 times. He looked at me and said no we didn't your lying. I had to pull up a YouTube video to convince him we actually had. He stated "oh well I didn't know. I still love it."

And so hopefully no one bashes me for putting him on something he was worried about, he absolutely loves BTMRR, 7DMT, EE, FOP. Pretty much all the parks big ticket attractions. My wife and I knew he would love RNRC if he got over the inversions.
I totally did the same thing to my son when he was 7, lol!!! He loved it so much that we had to make a special trip to HS on our last trip day so he could ride one more time!

jimbojones

EE is much more intense IMO than RR. RR may have loops but it exerts much less force on your body. If you can do EE you'll have no problem on RR!

Incomudro

EE is much more intense IMO than RR. RR may have loops but it exerts much less force on your body. If you can do EE you'll have no problem on RR!

This is so not true.
Just look at the comparative restraints.
EE is little more than a large runaway train.
RnR launches you, and puts you through a loop and a barrel roll.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom