Connecting Rooms - Contemporary

Holly

Has anyone ever requested connecting rooms and NOT gotten them? There'll be 3 adults & 2 children in our party traveling the dreaded Thanksgiving week (11/27-12/2).

I'm starting to get panicked here ... WDW reservations has told me two different things (depending on which CM is on the phone):

1. Yes, you are guarranteed connecting rooms because you have small children. Definitely.

2. No, you are not guarranteed connecting rooms because you have 3 adults. If there was only 1 adult, you'd be guarranteed.

Okay, I'm starting to freak here. I'm thinking about faxing the hotel the day before we leave, begging them for connecting rooms.

Thoughts?

leeocean

I don't know what the truth is. But, I have always been told that you can only request adjoining rooms. They are never guaranteed. You can try calling again and fax the resort a request.

Upvote 0

Yellow Shoes

If you can detatch from emotion here, there is some logic to the idea that 3 adults can split up and one can stay in a room with the children.

I'm sure that isn't your first choice.

However, as you know, you ARE traveling during one of the busiest weekends and will have to be flexible.

Please remember that you are in WDW and that yelling at the desk clerk probably won't get you anywhere if the hotel is full or the rooms simply aren't available.

As further consolation--YOU are on vacation; the desk clerk is at work on a holiday weekend.

Upvote 0

Holly

Original Poster
Originally posted by Yellow Shoes
If you can detatch from emotion here, there is some logic to the idea that 3 adults can split up and one can stay in a room with the children.

I'm sure that isn't your first choice.

However, as you know, you ARE traveling during one of the busiest weekends and will have to be flexible.

Please remember that you are in WDW and that yelling at the desk clerk probably won't get you anywhere if the hotel is full or the rooms simply aren't available.

As further consolation--YOU are on vacation; the desk clerk is at work on a holiday weekend.

I'm the queen of "you can get more flies with honey ..." :lol:

I don't think that I've ever yelled at anyone to get what I wanted ... well, except my children ... and then there's the DH ... and oh yeah, when MCI slammed me and I had a $475 phone bill ... but generally, I'm a nice person.

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
If you request adjoining rooms and specifically tell CRO that you are a family, they will try to give you the adjoining rooms. Tehy will give them to families before they give them to the regular guests. I hope this helps.

pam

Upvote 0

TomF

Just make sure if you want "connecting" rooms you say connecting NOT adjoining. Adjoining rooms are not necessarily connecting rooms.

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Excuse me, but connecting and adjoining do mean the same thing.
Adjoining - neihboring; contiguous; next to.
Connecting - to become joined

Upvote 0

TomF

Originally posted by Kingdom Konsultant
Excuse me, but connecting and adjoining do mean the same thing.
Adjoining - neihboring; contiguous; next to.
Connecting - to become joined

Not true, we asked for adjoining rooms on one of our visits, we received rooms next to each other with no connecting door, went to the desk and asked about it, they asked us if we asked for adjoining rooms or connecting, I too thought they were the same, not true, connecting have connecting doors, adjoining can be next to each other but there is no connecting door.

And you're excused. :animwink:

Upvote 0

TomF

I have asked for adjoining rooms many times for my customers and have nevr run into that problem. :veryconfu

I know Pam, we've asked for adjoining rooms in the past and always had the connecting room, but after that one time, which really was no big deal, I always specify connecting if indeed we want a connecting door between the 2 rooms, this way if you don't get it at least it's the hotels doing.

Upvote 0

kennyj29

I just found out something new!!!!!! I always ask for adjoining rooms and a couple of times I had the door in between and a couple of times I didn't. Now I know why. I've asked for adjoining rooms this time again because we are going with people who haven't been there for 21 years!!! They've only seen Magic Kingdom. They are nervous wrecks because they've heard how large DisneyWorld has gotten and they want rooms next to us. We are staying at the Poly and with the CBR being closed, I think it's booked. We need smoking rooms and I wanted the balcony on the third floor. Do you think I should call back and ask for connecting rooms instead? We arrive the day after Thanksgiving and they arrive that Saturday......what's your opinion?

Upvote 0

jmarc63

I have asked for adjoining rooms many times for my customers and have nevr run into that problem. :veryconfu

K K I was wondering if you know the percentage of room that have the conecting door to ones that are not conected?

When I went with my family in the 70s we allways had connecting rooms, To be fair I'm not shure if there was ever a problem for my dad since i never was concerned with the room when I was younger.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom