:confused: Soarin' Changes??? Need More Info :confused:

DreamFlight911

Original Poster
My dad who is a Cast Member. Said that there will be changes for Soarin'

Speculationis that the current version will be removed. California will be taken out. And a Florida one put in to replace.

Need something to back up this claim. :confused:

giantgolfer

I would bet that your father was just speculating on the possible changes. I think everyone knows that it will change at some point...

A Florida presentation would be a bad idea, IMO. I'd like to see one that flies over various parts of the US.

BrittanyRose428

i wouldnt mind a florida one, but if they took away california i'd be mad... and i havent been on it yet, im leaving for disney on june 29 i think...

kap91

There are also plans to add another theater, the key word there is plans, whether it gets built is another matter. I personally think the sooner they do this the better because the wait times for Soarin' are horrible. As far as the movie goes I would like to see a different one because California in Florida won't really make sense after the celebration. I don't know if a movie of Florida would be good either because there really isn't that much to look at of Florida. A Soarin' over America I think would be the best choice or maybe even Soarin' over the world, that would be a nice tie in with World Showcase. i don't think any change will happen however untill the celebration is over.

Rora

I think the great thing about Soarin is that the possibilities for change are endless. Though I imagine it wouldn't be done very often since it can't be very cheap to make the movies.

C&D

I think the hot plan would be for a new Soarin encompassing the whole United States. For sure, a Florida theme would be less than ideal, though it would make sense for the finale' to end at Disney World.

yeti

i think they should make a sorin' over epcot, going over all of the countries at world showcase. i heard somewhere that they might actually do that.

DisneyDellsDude

Basketcase463 said:
i wouldnt mind a florida one, but if they took away california i'd be mad... and i havent been on it yet, im leaving for disney on june 29 i think...
They wouldn't change it that fast. Have a great time!:wave:

RonAnnArbor

If any changes are made, they will not occur for years - they are indeed preparing a new movie - they take years, not weeks, to produce and cost an extraordinary amount of money. As far as anyone has heard, it is only in the preproduction stages. There are at least three separate threads going on this same topic if you do a search.

fiftiesdean

when my g/f and I were previewing Soarin', we talked with numerous CMs that said that this California film is going to be replaced with a US themes one. I usually take this with a grain of salt, but it makes sense. Especially if they wanted to get the ride in there in time for the yearly celebration.

Horizons78

Grade "A" Funny...
First of all: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=76988&highlight=soarin

That's another recent thread regarding this very matter.

Second, Lee has already said "no Soarin over Florida." That puts that to bed.

I will say on a personal note, which I usually try to avoid, that between the couple of threads running on this subject many people seem to think that Florida is a barren wasteland except for WDW and the beaches. That couldn't be further from the truth. (Sorry - just a rant from a native who loves his state. :wave: )

There would be enough material for a Florida version of Soarin, but I would rather see coverage of the entire United States if and when a switch is ever made.

NASAMan

Take a cue from the queue. Notice all the trivia questions are about the Land all over the globe, including Antarctica. A new film should incorporate beauty of the land from many nations, and lands. The current film, made for Soarin' Over California at California Adventures, can remain there for many years and still hold it's relavancy. Epcots ride clone, Soarin', used the CA film as a cost saving measure. We can expect a new one, tied with a grand publicity campaign, but as long as the lines remain as long as they are, top management will say "Why now?" In this regard, more theaters would be more cost effective. There is room enough to double the ride building (check Google Earth and see there is just parking behind the current building) and the same entrance and queue could feed to it.

Side note: My daughter first thought it was a Lord of the Rings ride. (Not Sauron, Soarin'!)

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Horizons78 said:
I will say on a personal note, which I usually try to avoid, that between the couple of threads running on this subject many people seem to think that Florida is a barren wasteland except for WDW and the beaches. That couldn't be further from the truth. (Sorry - just a rant from a native who loves his state. :wave: )
While our beloved Florida is not a barren wasteland it does lack one big feature necessary to make it a good choice for a Soarin film. That feature is topography. I love Florida as much as the next native but when the state's highest geological feature is man made and has a Yeti in it it will not be a good choice for a flight simulator.

What I would really love to see in the new film are better transitions between scenes. The transitions right now are rather abrupt and very unnatural.

hokielutz

Master Yoda said:
While our beloved Florida is not a barren wasteland it does lack one big feature necessary to make it a good choice for a Soarin film. That feature is topography. I love Florida as much as the next native but when the state's highest geological feature is man made and has a Yeti in it it will not be a good choice for a flight simulator.

What I would really love to see in the new film are better transitions between scenes. The transitions right now are rather abrupt and very unnatural.

This is so true. I really like florida, but flat area with wetlands does not make a great simulator experience. I like the ideas of 'Soarin' over the best features of the United States and ending up at the MK in Florida.... maybe fly in over World Drive, seeing the whole property... transition to night time when going over the 7 seas lagoon and then up Main St for the finalie with fireworks.

jedimaster1227

Master Yoda said:

Actually, I think Florida could make a great Soarin' film if they used the Everglades and the Keys. I saw the movie Hoot at the Florida Film Festival and it made Florida look so beautiful that I started to think about the Keys and the Everglades in a FL version of Soarin'. IF they could pull it off, just think of flying up to a pack of gators (that is, if gators travel in packs), racing a airboat on the everglades (with a new effect where your legs get spray with mist to simulate skimming the water with you glider, diving down into the reefs of the Keys, passing a wreck with divers inside and then flying over Orlando, with a finale ending flying through Everest at Animal Kingdom, going through Chinese Manz Theatre at MGM (Or pulling an upward helix around the Sorceror's Hat), pulling a steep upward lift over Spaceship Earth and then finishing at Cinderella's Castle for the Wishes! Fireworks show! The possibilities are endless.

Florida is beautiful, if you know where to look.

brich

Rora said:
I think the great thing about Soarin is that the possibilities for change are endless. Though I imagine it wouldn't be done very often since it can't be very cheap to make the movies.
In relation to building a new attraction, changing the movie every so often would give Soarin new life on a regular basis. Something that most attractions can't really do. Sure, adding Jack to Pirates is a nice little change but not, as drastic as a new film for Soarin. It would almost make it a new ride... You could do America. You could do the Arctic or Mt Everest. Or how about an under water film? And some day, Soarin over the Moon or Soarin through Space... I think in the grand scheme of things, regular movie changes could keep this attraction hot for a long time thus making the cost of creating new movies somewhat realistic...:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom