Confused re Memory Maker

ferbtones

Original Poster
Hello all. I recently purchased Memory Maker for our next trip as looking forward to all the magic shots and ride photos.
But during my research on disney website, the moms panel indicated that if your party splits up at a park only the account holders photos will be added.
As I have a boy of 11 and a girl of 8 we have scheduled lots of different, and separate, activities at the parks. For example, DH and DD are watching Frozen sing along, while DS and I are off to ToT.
As the Memory Maker is linked to DH does this mean that my ride photos when we are split up will not show.
And we cannot swap magic bands as these are fast pass selections so he will need to access fast pass queue.
Hope you can help put my mind at rest.
Many thanks.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
If all of you are linked in MDE under your DH's account on MDE as family members etc then all of your magic bands will work with the Memory Maker with no problem. So that is not true what they said on the Mom's panel. The only way that is true is if you all have seperate MDE accounts which I'm sure you do not from what you described possibly. Just make sure all of your names/magic bands are listed in your DH's account that you purchased the memory maker with.
For Example my Memory Maker was under my MDE account (I'm the account holder) and my DH is listed as a family member/guest on my account. He always had them scan his band and we rarely ever scanned mine anywhere and we still got all the photos as this is how is should work. He rode rides I don't like etc and we got all of the photos and videos of him no problem. Also when we stopped to take pictures in the parks he always let them scan his band not mine and we did not have any issues. :)

NYwdwfan

Real life MM experience:

I purchased Memory Maker last trip (February 2015). My MDE account includes my family of 4. I am linked to my parents who were traveling with us, and also my cousin and her husband who met us for 3 days while there (they stayed at a different resort). My cousin and her husband rode 7DMT and the photos and video appeared in my MM account.

ferbtones

Original Poster
Wow, thanks for your replies. Mind eased. I know three years ago we got photo pass with the disc and that included all photos whoever scanned their band, so I did wonder why that would have changed.
All family members are linked I checked, so we are good to go.
Thanks again.

sxeensweet

Wow, thanks for your replies. Mind eased. I know three years ago we got photo pass with the disc and that included all photos whoever scanned their band, so I did wonder why that would have changed.
All family members are linked I checked, so we are good to go.
Thanks again.
Your very welcome! You should be fine as you checked and everyone is linked. A little tip for you check the site where your pics are loaded every night (late night) or every other day to check and see if it is working correctly and loading the pictures. They usually appear by the following day or late the night of. If any problems you can take care of it right away and locate missing pics etc or probs with the bands etc. That's what I did just to keep an eye on them while there instead of waiting until I got home.
I know I felt better knowing my pictures were there every night etc while in the world. lol :)

Weather_Lady

The first rule of the Disney Mom's Panel: never trust the Mom's Panel.

If there was an accurate way to describe them without using the words "uninformed morons," I would, but I can't. We could have a whole thread on all the flat-out incorrect information they've given over the years. It almost seems like they make some of their answers up out of whole cloth. I learned quickly when planning our first family WDW trip that when I needed up-to-date, accurate information, I should come here first. :)

sxeensweet

The first rule of the Disney Mom's Panel: never trust the Mom's Panel.

If there was an accurate way to describe them without using the words "uninformed morons," I would, but I can't. We could have a whole thread on all the flat-out incorrect information they've given over the years. It almost seems like they make some of their answers up out of whole cloth. I learned quickly when planning our first family WDW trip that when I needed up-to-date, accurate information, I should come here first. :)
Totally agree!! Lol I always am amazed how much wrong info my friends get on there or other boards. Lol :)

EvilQueen-T

We didn't have any problem splitting up last October. We just made sure as we came off rides to go ahead and touch our bands to make certain it had registered our pics. We were a group of 4 separate households of various family members where one person bought the magic maker but made sure we were on each others friends/family list. We were all able to see each others pics and download them.

ferbtones

Original Poster
Weather_lady - that is just too funny. But who knew that they could get it so wrong. DH was all ready to cancel Memory Maker when we read it.
But I said hold on I will check with wdwmagic first.
I love reading the threads on this board and have gleaned so much helpful information. You are all stars.
Sxeensweet - that is great advice to check every night. I will certainly do that.
EvilQueen-T - that info is very helpful for a friend of mine who is going with more than one family. I will let her know.
Thanks all so much.

kimrn87

When you purchase the memory maker and it shows up on the one member of your party but it will work on all of them? just clarifying. I am inexperienced with the bands.

ferbtones

Original Poster
Hello kimrn87. That is what the posters on here have said. As long as all members of your party are linked on the reservation, the memory maker will work on all the magic bands. Which is brilliant news.

Rob562

When you purchase the memory maker and it shows up on the one member of your party but it will work on all of them? just clarifying. I am inexperienced with the bands.

Memory Maker is the ability to download the photos. Once you buy MM you can download any photos that you have access to in PhotoPass, whether they're pics linked directly to you, to people with profiles you control or people who you are friends with.

The pics will auto-expire 45 days after they're taken. Once you download your first photo, you have 30 days to download any pics you want.

-Rob

jstar

One other thing, if you do find some pics are missing there is a link on the memory maker page where you can ask them to find the pic. The last time I had MM a Tower of Terror pic was missing. I gave them the approximate time we were there and in less than a day the photo was loaded on to my MM.

Dwarful

I bought the memory maker for my daughter this past Feb. We went with her on her high school band trip. I linked several kids in the groups and then everyone else just used photo pass cards and we added them afterwards. Ended up with well over 1,000 photos before any 'add ons' like frames/stickers etc.,

Rob562

Good question. Space Mountain has a Mickey head touch point for you to "boop" your card on after you ride. I didn't see any similar contraption on Mine Train and I didn't ride any other attractions that offer photos.

All attractions other than the Mine Train you can claim the photo at the ride exit by scanning either a Band or a Card at the touchpoint under the screen. Most attractions will auto-link with a Band being worn by the rider, though we found that our photo on RnRC didn't link, so we scan our Band anyway. (Worst case is that you get two copies of the same photo on your account)

On-ride at Mine Train is MagicBand only, and I believe it's only the video. I can't recall there being the option for just the photo.

The on-ride video on Tower of Terror is also MagicBand only, though you can get the still photo on its own.

-Rob

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom