Confused by magic bands/ fastpass reservation

Sudcaro- Sudcaro

Original Poster
Hi! Need help please. :confused:

So, we customized our magic bands a few minutes ago - feels great!
Now we want to try and get our fastpasses, but we are unable to. We don't know where to start exactly. It's very confusing, and I wonder if we understood well, or are doing things right. My ticket for the parks doesn't appear on the page...
FYI, we are only staying in WDW for two days, will sleep on site (AKL) and will be there in only 50 days! We made our reservations last weekend only.

I browsed this forum for answer but there are so many threads, I haven't found anything... please help!

Last edited:

Sudcaro- Sudcaro

Original Poster
Tried the FP page again, I (still) don't appear as a ticket holder (hubby and daughter, yes). So I can't try to book anything :banghead:

Last edited:

Sudcaro- Sudcaro

Original Poster
Tried the FP page again, I don't appear as a ticket holder (hubby and daughter, yes). So I can't try to book anything :banghead:

OK, my husband invited me on his friend/family list, of course I accepted, but now Disney website says Sorry, we encountered a problem finalizing your invitation to Family & Friends and we are unable to display the name of the friend who sent the invitation.
If you know who may have invited you, please ask him or her to resend the invitation or
invite a new friend to plan and share.
Except it's impossible for him to invite me again, as his page still reads invitation pending :banghead:

Sudcaro- Sudcaro

Original Poster
Do you have tickets linked to your account? Without tickets it won't let you add FPs.

It seems to be the problem. The only thing is that we obviously still don't know how to link anything to an account. It won't work, we keep getting "oops" messages.
Moreover, we only have one reservation # since hubby did it with his account, so how can I link a park ticket or hotel reservation to my account?
It's really exasperating. Would be easier I guess if they hadn't implemented that multiple account thing... :rolleyes:

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Seems like you are having a hard time. Linking tickets can be tricky. MDE technical support can probably get you all fixed up. Once the tickets are linked making the FP+ reservations is pretty straight forward.

Sudcaro- Sudcaro

Original Poster
Only my husband and daughter's tickets appear on his account. I would like mine to appear there too. It's not on mine, of course, I still don't understand how to link it, wish they explained clearly on the website... They are asking for a MagicBand number, which, by definition, we don't have since we don't have the MBs! Or a "will call confirmation number", but we don't have a physical ticket either. Does this mean we have to wait until we get the MBs to get FPs? So unfair, we should be able to try now as we're 50 days away from the trip.
The tickets etc, were purchased together, honestly it should be so much easier! They are making the experience less exciting all of a sudden with all their linking stuff. I've been working on it since 6.30 this morning (on and off, I am a mom!), and it drives me nuts. My husband doesn't understand anything either, he's even more confused than I am (I guess reading forums and WDW related websites these past few days enlightened me a bit, well, obviously not enough) :cry:

I may have to call their technical support, you're right - great way to spend a weekend. :rolleyes: Will have to wait until I am less upset, I think.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom