Confirmed: Disney Parks Investor Waleed Bin Talal Arrested

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Really,

The new crown prince just arrested everyone who was a political threat to him, Including the head of the military and internal security forces.

the 'Magic' kingdom AKA Saudi Arabia is a reference to SA's laws against the practice of Magic and Sorcery. the fact that neither is real does not deter the government from sentencing 'magicians' and 'witches' to death.

Yes the spirit which animated the salem witch hunts is alive and well in SA

Oh. By ""Magic Kingdom'" I thought you meant The Magic Kingdom.

flynnibus

Premium Member
What are you saying is the threat? That he is going to attack WDW? Or that someone is going to attack him? Are you saying that he is a terrorist or not?

There's no reason to quote 'Spirit'. He has no information on this topic than what is posted in the news.

A high profile target is a threat... even if the person themselves is not going to do anything. The point they are there causes heightened concern because of the attention or risks of someone else trying to get to them.

Kamikaze

A high profile target is a threat... even if the person themselves is not going to do anything. The point they are there causes heightened concern because of the attention or risks of someone else trying to get to them.

Right. I don't have any issue with that statement. But @RSD Part Deux was being intentionally vague about what he was saying. I just wanted him to explain his thoughts (such as they were) on it, rather than just 'Spirit sez'.

Spirits made posts over two years ago - I think these posts were referencing this guy. How could Spirit have talked about arrests two years before they happened? I AM NOT SAYING HE IS A TERRORIST. I'm not sure why you keep referencing the word terrorist. You are the only one that keeps using that word. And I already told you I am not saying that. Please go back and re-read the threads. What I am saying, is that perhaps having this guy as an owner on property attracts either people who have a grudge against him, or are his enemy, or someone with a mental health issue. He draws unwanted attention. That is what poses a security threat.

Thats what I was trying to get at. You were trying to say something without actually saying it, probably because you just thought that since he was arrested, he was a bad guy.

Prince-1

He doesn't live in Golden Oak, he lives in Saudi Arabia.

And it's very sad to hear that he was arrested for basically no reason. Don't know a lot about the situation but I hope this whole mess gets fixed soon. He's a good looking guy too, like 10 times hotter than Bob Iger.

So you don't know a lot about the situation but you feel it's sad he was arrested for no reason?? And he is good looking too which obviously has a lot to do with all of this??

Hold on I have something I got just for you...

download.png

*If you were being sarcastic please ignore this and kindly return your award as I will give it to ford91exploder for almost anything he posts.

Jedi Stitch

My time in the mid east was fleeting enough in the grand scale, since the Ottomans were defeated in WWI, and has started the journey we are on with regards to the Mid east in a Geo Political scale. What we are seeing is the King and minister of Defense consolidating power and going against established norms. Many of the Westernized Suadi's are being destabilized if you will. This is an Issue in the Geo-political world. In the Small World, it has to play out. He is an investor, that has holds a nice chunk. If he is exiled, then he will have to look to where he wants to be. He could go live in the Disney Bubble under a golden parachute, or he could in a way that mimic other known suadi masterminds. Time will tell. How it affects the Disco, who knows. A drop in the bucket or or a torant stock upheaval?

brb1006

The obsessive rare character hunters should be saddened by this. Isn't this the guy who'd rent out the park and pay for the company to create really obscure characters for said private parties?
That is the same person, the last time I seen so many rare and obscure characters was at Disneyland Paris's 25th Anniversary cavalcade.

YorkshireT

Ha ha, this is one of the richest men in the world. He bought and fitted out one of those new 2 story Airbus mega planes for his own personal use, until he decided it was too over the top for him and so stuck with his Jumbo with gold throne.
Do you really believe he lives or lived in Golden Oaks?! He invests in hotels so may have had something to do with the development, but I cannot imagine Golden Oaks would come near his residency requirements.
The Crown Prince is allegedly trying to temper the Wahabbism fundamentalist societal control that has kept them all in power so long. And he wants to modernise. Only way he will do it is by taking out all the old school, Game of Thrones style. He then wants to take on Iran.
Hopefully the outcome will be good, because the place is currently a fundamentalist nightmare and breeding ground for terrorists. The alternative is the CPs intentions are not whiter than white and we see another total dictator.

Last edited:

ChrisM

Ha ha, this is one of the richest men in the world. He bought and fitted out one of those new 2 story Airbus mega planes for his own personal use, until he decided it was too over the top for him and so stuck with his Jumbo with gold throne.
Do you really believe he lives or lived in Golden Oaks?! He invests in hotels so may have had something to do with the development, but I cannot imagine Golden Oaks would come near his residency requirements.
The Crown Prince is allegedly trying to temper the Wahabbism fundamentalist societal control that has kept them all in power so long. And he wants to modernise. Only way he will do it is by taking out all the old school, Game of Thrones style. He then wants to take on Iran.
Hopefully the outcome will be good, because the place is currently a fundamentalist nightmare and breeding ground for terrorists. The alternative is the CPs intentions are not whiter than white and we see another total dictator.

That's a pretty good summation. And add a dash of, err, "corporate restructuring".

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

I don't expect the Crown Prince's motives are pure, I agree that this is political restructuring 'Game of Thrones' style. And he does not want his head removed with a sword.

SA has a massive young male population with no jobs and no hope of getting jobs. So he's taking down those who could fund an insurgency in hopes of buying enough time to deligitimize the Wahabbi clerics and restart the modernization which came to a screeching halt after the Iranian revolution.

I dont think people realize how massive a change it is with allowing women to drive once again in SA.

Rodan75

Well, he's free now.

I know how we all suffered and felt deeply the impact of his arrest had on everything Disney.

Too bad some are no longer here to see this day...

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/02/business/saudi-investor-alwaleed.html

Although you have committed the grand sin of resurrecting a long dormant thread...wasn't he imprisoned long enough to not be able to protest the mothership taking over DLP? I thought he was initially against it. (or am I getting my Princes confused)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom