Condo in Orlando

BeautyBelle

We are thinking of going to Orlando in August and going to WDW, Universal, Legoland. So, we were thinking it makes more sense to rent a condo or house in Orlando rather than staying on property this trip (though it kind of breaks my heart not to be on property.) Does anyone know of good rental businesses in the area? My husband has read too many Air BnB horror stories and doesn't trust anything through them. Thanks!

LavaLiz

I've stayed on and off property numerous times. Condos and homes in the area are definitely a mixed bag, with most being pushy about their presentations. If I had to choose one condo off property to stay at again it would be Caribe Royale. The villas there were spacious, relaxing, and conveniently located. The resort fees were not my favorite though. If you're thinking of doing Universal too, there are many Universal packages that include condos and villas. They all come with perks like early morning admission to Harry Potter etc. Yes, you may still get asked to do a presentation for some perk, but I've never had a client report back negatively about a Universal package offsite since the savings is usually significant!

Upvote 0

Lilofan

I've stayed on and off property numerous times. Condos and homes in the area are definitely a mixed bag, with most being pushy about their presentations. If I had to choose one condo off property to stay at again it would be Caribe Royale. The villas there were spacious, relaxing, and conveniently located. The resort fees were not my favorite though. If you're thinking of doing Universal too, there are many Universal packages that include condos and villas. They all come with perks like early morning admission to Harry Potter etc. Yes, you may still get asked to do a presentation for some perk, but I've never had a client report back negatively about a Universal package offsite since the savings is usually significant!
I have been to Caribe. It's a nice resort. Just a 10 min ride to parks if no traffic. Restaurants and small hotels nearby in Kissimmee on rt 192 but not a safe scene at night with homeless, druggies, crazy driving locals mixed in with the tourists on vacation.

Upvote 0

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
I get the Condo thing. But there are a lot of good timeshare options. You can get a 2 Bedroom 1100 sq foot unit w/ washer and dryer and full kitchen at a place like Vistana (about 10 minutes from the parks) for as low as $189 a night depending on seasonality. Hilton has some good ones as well.

Upvote 0

Figgy1

Premium Member
We've had great luck renting from Contempo but have heard great things about renting points from Dave's whos a sponsor here. My other suggestion would be to look into if any in your party are entitled to stay at Shades of Green which is almost as good as staying at a monorail resort at or same as a value

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom