concierge service

I have a reservation for November, WL concierge, completely prepaid. How far in advance should I expect to be contacted by the hotel? Should I just make dining reservations on my own or wait until the conciege contacts me?

paulcmartens

Account Suspended
hmmm....

That's a good question. When my wife and I did concierge we just ate where we wanted to...maybe we should have used them.

My understanding of 'concierge' is: we give you free food at the hotel and are there to answer any questions...does Disney say they will contact you?

My impression of concierge was they didn't have much clout...but, that was just an impression.

If there is something you want, a restaurant...book now. I would be pro-active and not wait for them...but that's just my style.

Upvote 0

Jungle Skipper

I LOVE Concierge..I'm spoiled by them! :D

I have stayed at the Contemporary and Grand Floridian Sugar Loaf Building and have mostly had great experiences. I have tried to make PS's on my own and can't get them, but the concierge is able to pull some strings (not guaranteed, but it has happened at least 5 times with me). They are always willing to help out if they can and are always there to add a little extra magic to our day.

Also, my experiences is a little before 90 days out they call me and ask if I need anything. It takes the planning load off of my shoulders and really helps out a lot!

Well, those are just my thoughts, hope you have a blast staying concierge. Use them, ask questions, you might be surprised to find out its more than just food on your floor.

Jungle Josh

Upvote 0

lebernadin

Contact them, stinkyface, with what you want to do if you have definitive dates/places you want to do things, ie Citricos wednesday night.

I think quite a few people stay in concierge but are used to not asking a concierge or front desk for help. But there are also those who take it to the extreme and expect everything they want to happen, happen. When we stayed at the GF concierge, i let them know, in advance what restaurants and roughly when we wanted to dine at. We're paying the extra $$$ for their service, so use it, right? :D

There's absolutely no reason to pay that extra money for concierge service if you never use them, so make sure you leave your vacation feeling the extra money was worth it.

Upvote 0

imagineer99

Originally posted by lebernadin
Contact them, stinkyface, with what you want to do if you

For a second, I thought you were insulting him. Then, I realized that "stinkyface" is his screename.

Gosh, I need some sleep...:lol:

Upvote 0

swimmom

Never had a room with concierge service, but I'm considering it for our next trip.

After you let them know what PS arrangements you want, do they then forward the confirmations to you or do you get them when you check-in?

Upvote 0

tikiman

You should be contacted but that depends on how you booked. Most travel agents and places like AAA do not release the information to the resort so they can send you stuff or call. I don’t know what number or if they have an email address but if you do not find one let men know. I do know that the Polynesian Island Planning office is who answers the calls and does the reservations and planning for the WL concierge rooms since the concierge over there is not a full concierge like at other resorts (this is how they describe it) they do not fully staff the concierge. I don’t know that there is even a lounge like at the Polynesian but if you are staying concierge you can for sure get them to do reservations for you. Even after you get there the concierge has a “special” way to get you into places that show up as booked on the database. The Polynesian concierge usually calls, sends out a personal itinerary and is available through email to take care of any meal or show reservations as well as special needs, requests and even in room gifts. Hopefully someone here will have some experience with staying at the WL concierge.

Upvote 0

stinkyface

Original Poster
Thanks! When I first started dating my wife, she used to say 'i love you stinkyface' because she used to baby sit a kid who loved that book. Then she just started calling me that as a nickname. Now we are expecting a baby any day now and i am sure that book will become a permanent fixture of our library.

Upvote 0

RJlvsTigger

We stayed at the WL on the Concierge Floor two years ago and loved it. In fact we booked again for this September. A Cast Member called us about two months before we arrived to set up our priority seating reservations and ask if we had any other requests or special needs. They were able to get us into almost all the restaurants we wanted and promised to keep trying for the ones they couldn't. When we checked in and received our itinerary, we were pleasantly surprised to see they had succeeded in doing this. The concierge staff both prior to and during our stay were always happy to help and went out of their way to make sure we had what we needed. I think you will enjoy the pampering.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom