Concierge job question

Walt Sent Me

Original Poster
Hello all,

I'm finally off to UCF and My Disney Interview is on the 5th! When I set-up my interview I told them I was intereted in attractions. I have just been informed by a cast member I know that they are offering hiring bonuses for certain jobs, $1000 that is. One of those jobs is Concierge.

What is it? What do you do?

Is the pay the same as minimum wage hourly? (It will have to be part-time)

I'm only 18, am I too young?

Do I need experience?

Thanks to anyone who can help me out.

WDWKat26

$1000? I wish! I'd be finding people left and right to work for concierge!

We do get a "Casting Scount Bonus" for referring someone into a Concierge, Entertainment or Housekeeping Role. It's $100 I believe. My father worked concierge at Poly and I had a friend work Concierge at Grand Floridian. I would assume that some experience would be a plus. Part time would be fine, as for the wage i'm not sure what the starting wage is for Front Desk/Concierge. I don't think you would be too young, but I haven't seen anyone as young as you at the Concierge desk...well...ever. But definitely go to casting and apply!

Just one FYI, i've known many people who have worked in concierge...and be prepared to be asked a lot of. My friend who worked (emphasis on WORKED) at Grand Floridian was asked to do some of the most rediculous things. A lot of guests think you're there to be their personal slave. Granted, you are there to make their dinner reservations etc. But, one time a guest called him and asked him to come down to the room and pick up their child's dirty diapers.

Walt Sent Me

Original Poster
Thanks for your response. I had a feeling concierge was a tough job, that's why the job is in such high demand. The $1000 bonus is for people who get cast in concierge, cast members who refer them get $500. At least that is what I read from the current City Planner.

I love helping people, and have a huge Disney Knowledge, so I will consider this job. If not I can always fall back on attractions or f & B. Just playing my options.

Thanks again

Walt Sent Me said:
Thanks for your response. I had a feeling concierge was a tough job, that's why the job is in such high demand. The $1000 bonus is for people who get cast in concierge, cast members who refer them get $500. At least that is what I read from the current City Planner.

I love helping people, and have a huge Disney Knowledge, so I will consider this job. If not I can always fall back on attractions or f & B. Just playing my options.

Thanks again

Walt Sent Me,
Just so you know if you go more towards Attractions they are in desprite need of Safari drivers and they will most likly try to get you to do that. But if you can swim good they are also hiring Life Gaurds for 8.50 an hour plus a 1000 signing bonus. Just thought i would put that out there for you.

Good luck on your interview.

maelstrom

I wish I knew how to swim so I could be a lifeguard. :(

Concierge is something I'd be interested in, along with hotel front desk, and guest relations. I hope they'll have a sign-on bonus when I get around to working at WDW!

WDWPrnces02

Wow.....thats really :cool:

To bad they stop at june 10th....im going in july......that would be a big break for me.....

Good Luck with your interview...im sure they'll love you....:D

Frosty466

I think I'd like to be a taxi boat pilot. :) After I finally retire that is. A ways to go before that can happen though. Just another way to dream I guess.

landauh

Just called WDW Casting and the Concierge position is $7.37 per hour and the qualifications are: Computer knowledge and the ability to handle cash.

The CM did not know if the June 10th date was the cut-off for starting work or for accepting the position and starting at a later date.

WDWPrnces02

landauh said:
Just called WDW Casting and the Concierge position is $7.37 per hour and the qualifications are: Computer knowledge and the ability to handle cash.

The CM did not know if the June 10th date was the cut-off for starting work or for accepting the position and starting at a later date.

Landauh thanx for the info......:wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom