Concerns park hopping

nickys

Premium Member
We had Hollywood Studios reservations and my wife went in the morning while I stayed at the resort with the kids. We wanted to go to EPCOT that evening and it was not full but we were unable to switch our reservation. It was strange but honestly it was easier to leisurely take the skyliner to HS, tap in, and immediately turned around to go to EPCOT, at least compared to trying to figure out the issue. In all it wasn't a huge deal but seemed unnecessary.
I don’t think you can modify. You have to cancel your existing one and rebook the new park.

NelleBelle

Since your wife did tap into the original park, the system probably assumed or required the rest of you to follow at some point. I wonder if you could have modified the reservations if you did it before your wife tapped in? I guess the other option was change them the night before if you knew this was your plan. From a programmer's perspective, I wonder if the system treats a family as individuals or a group. There's probably pros and cons to both methods.
Good point! I suppose when my kids want to be separate from us, they will have to tap into our first park before they want to do a separate park after 2p. Otherwise they’ll have to stick with us and separate when we hop (or just be separate at the same park).

Trackmaster

I'd love to go mid-late Aug. but my youngest starts back to school late Aug. and we generally have so many last minute things to get done for return to school (although, given that it's his jr. year, maybe it would be better to go right before).

I could understand not wanting to go when school was in session (that whole "being a responsible parent" thing). But you may strongly want to consider taking the trip the week before school starts and literally get back home the weekend before it starts with no lead time.

Just get all of the back to school stuff done before you leave for the trip. That week is valuable park time since many districts will already be back by then. And you're doing the other kids a favor by not taxing a week that's already being hit pretty hard. There's no real strategic advantage to doing the shopping and back to school stuff last minute when you had months to do it.

nickys

Premium Member
Since your wife did tap into the original park, the system probably assumed or required the rest of you to follow at some point. I wonder if you could have modified the reservations if you did it before your wife tapped in? I guess the other option was change them the night before if you knew this was your plan. From a programmer's perspective, I wonder if the system treats a family as individuals or a group. There's probably pros and cons to both methods.
The issue here was that they needed to have cancelled the park reservations for OP and the kids and booked for the new park. Thee is no modify option. And there is no requirement the whole family has the same park reservations.

Good point! I suppose when my kids want to be separate from us, they will have to tap into our first park before they want to do a separate park after 2p. Otherwise they’ll have to stick with us and separate when we hop (or just be separate at the same park).
If your kids want to go to a different park then they can book a reservation for that park.As long as they are old enough to enter a park on their own, which I think is 14, they are free to book whatever park they want to. You do not have to stick together.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom