Complimentary e-Ticket conversion Aug 1

wogwog

Original Poster
If you are fortunate enough to have an e-Ticket given to you by a Disney cast member the process for using them is changing.

Beginning in late August, a coordinated phase-out of main entrance turnstiles will begin across all Walt Disney World theme parks, completing a full transition to the new main entrance touch points. Starting Sunday, Sept. 1, complimentary eTicket holders will need to visit a Vacation Planning (ticket sales) window to exchange complimentary eTickets for an RF-enabled card prior to park entry.

These Vacation Planning windows are located TTC and at the front entrance of the other parks.

longsaber

If you are fortunate enough to have an e-Ticket given to you by a Disney cast member the process for using them is changing.

Beginning in late August, a coordinated phase-out of main entrance turnstiles will begin across all Walt Disney World theme parks, completing a full transition to the new main entrance touch points. Starting Sunday, Sept. 1, complimentary eTicket holders will need to visit a Vacation Planning (ticket sales) window to exchange complimentary eTickets for an RF-enabled card prior to park entry.

These Vacation Planning windows are located TTC and at the front entrance of the other parks.
This is very bold of them.

mm52200

I was wondering how they would handle this since I wasn't thinking that the new touch points could read/scan the eTickets. So I wonder in the future how will they distribute the comps or will they just continue doing it this way and making the guests have to go to the windows every time now.

wogwog

Original Poster
I was wondering how they would handle this since I wasn't thinking that the new touch points could read/scan the eTickets. So I wonder in the future how will they distribute the comps or will they just continue doing it this way and making the guests have to go to the windows every time now.
Disney may have the same issue with some of the Holiday party tickets. I seem to remember folks in line to get in at the parties with party e-Tickets.

lostpro9het

This is very bold of them.
i-see-what-you-did-there-futurama-fry-sneaky-sneak-Hk7gda.jpg

luv

Exqueeze me, please, but what is an e-ticket? I'm assuming you don't mean the old, actual e-tickets. But maybe you do?

-em

That is going to be annoying to say the least..

Part wants me to go convert my comps but since most of my comps end up being used at DLR that would backfire..

-em

wogwog

Original Poster
Exqueeze me, please, but what is an e-ticket? I'm assuming you don't mean the old, actual e-tickets. But maybe you do?

The change in process is for the e-Tickets Disney employees receive that they may give to friends or relatives to use as park tickets. They are bar coded so must be exchanged starting Sept 1 for the new RFID media. The change would seem to be to put the effort of conversion totally on the employee or end user of the e-Ticket to save Disney the expense of changing the distribution method. Simply a business decision to save money for Disney.

Animaniac93-98

Disney may have the same issue with some of the Holiday party tickets.

I just printed an eticket for MNSSHP, will I get a card or band at the gate then? And for that matter, how will parties be affected by Magic Bands and FP+? I remember no FPs being given during party hours.

Justinj2

We won't have to convert our UT tickets over starting Sept 1st, correct? Is this just the E-tickets?

You should ask guest relations or a ticket window upon avaival to convert them for you. On Sept 1st all Turnstiles will be Touch Points only and since you have an old ticket the CM directs you to a Guest Relations CM that's by them and they'll have to manually swipe your ticket and since there's no finger scan you may be asked for ID.

Cletus

You should ask guest relations or a ticket window upon avaival to convert them for you. On Sept 1st all Turnstiles will be Touch Points only and since you have an old ticket the CM directs you to a Guest Relations CM that's by them and they'll have to manually swipe your ticket and since there's no finger scan you may be asked for ID.

Well I absolutely do NOT want to convert them. Once converted they can't be used at Disneyland (which we have a trip planned next year). We have the non-expiring tickets so I will hold out until they put a gun to my head and force me to convert them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom