News Complimentary Annual Passholder magnets coming to Disney Springs at Walt Disney World

Trauma

not all of us have our heads stuck in a "smart phone" to experience the mde. i have a flip phone and so far dvc has not told me what will happen now that bob the beancounter cheapact has eliminated the blue cards. and just give it time before bob the bean counter charges you to use the mde. i.e. charge for lightning lane and genie plus and eliminate fast passes. genie plus for who? plus for disney profits, to hell with the customer that has already paid handsomely for access to the parks? and i do not mind waiting in line. have done so for first flight and peter pan. basically about 45 minutes. 45 minutes of standing in line and not spending money inside any disney park. which of course was the original idea behind a fastpass. a "guest" standing in line is not spending money in the park. but good ole bob "cheapact" the beancounter is too busy counting beans to understand such trivial matters, of course.
I have studied your posts carefully and arrived at the conclusion that you do not like Bob.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
IMG_4255.jpg

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Just got the AP email. In a stunningly stupid move (which should come as no surprise to anyone paying attention): These AP magnets are being marketed as "honoring the Walt Disney World 50th Anniversary celebration". I'm not sure what about these magnets says, "50th anniversary celebration"?

casplas

I have studied your posts carefully and arrived at the conclusion that you do not like Bob.
you sare absolutely correct in your conclusion. i sold my disney stock before bob the bean counter turns it into a penny stock. did you know the bean counter does not like being called a bean counter? it hurts his feelings to be called one.

raymusiccity

Why can't you request these and have them mailed to you? Disney can validate your ticket number. And in most cases they have your address handy in MDE. And if they want to charge a realistic S&H fee - Some of us may be okay with that (depending on the cost).

Logon, request, validate, mail. One magnet per AP per year.
Please don't try to apply common sense to Disney's magical procedures of getting your magnet. Isn't it so much easier their way!?
😄
"Limit one magnet per Passholder. Available while supplies last. Must join the virtual queue and visit Disney's Wonderful World of Memories shop to receive a magnet. Entry into the virtual queue is not guaranteed, is available only while supplies last and is only available to active Annual Passholders. Passholders who do not arrive within the one-hour window will need to rejoin the virtual queue (subject to availability). Virtual queue return times are between 10:00 AM and 10:00 PM on March 2 through March 30, 2022. From time to time, we may discontinue the use of the virtual queue depending on demand. Each Passholder must be present and show their valid Passholder ID and government-issued photo ID to receive a magnet. Not responsible for any lost, stolen or damaged magnets. Locations, dates and operating hours subject to change without notice."

Mando58

Never got my first magnet. I paid $900 for the D and they didn’t deliver as promised. Who do I complain to?
You call the VIP Passholder number and talk to a cast member and also send emails. I have had to do this for every magnet they have sent by mail. It takes me 3 or 4 phone calls and 2 or 3 emails. I've been a pass top tier passholder since '09 and was always treated good, it's only been the pass couple of years I'm been treated more like dirt.

Mando58

as dvc members we were annual passholders evey year because we had enough points to go three times a year. with what bob the beancounter is doing to disney, we have seriously discussed going to dvc to stay and getting a universal annual pass instead since we now have to drive after the elimination of the magical express. plus, we will go off sight to eat better food for less money. and in a one bedroom dvc, we can go shopping and cook in when we want to. so bob the beancounter, how does that work out under your profits at all costs formula? you got us hooked with dvc, but we will only use it anymore to have a nice florida vacation and go to the other places in florida that actually seem to appreciate and value their customers instead of nickle and dimeing them to death!
I'm also DVC and an AP, I had a Universal pass for 4 years but did not renew it in December. I enjoyed going to Universal and staying at their hotels, but I was able to do both parks (Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure) in a day. Also there is much at City Walk it's mostly restaurants. They did treat me good. And I did stay at Disney and drive over to Universal, free parking being a Universal AP. If you have GPS it will take you through the back roads and avoid I-4 traffic.

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

Now - the funny part. Active DVC and Passholder, and I actually don't WANT anymore of these stinking magnets.
Used to be a matter of pride, to put one on your car. Thinking that now, others are looking at these, and saying "sucker" 😅

Besides - I keep losing the damn things at the carwash.... 😅

casplas

beyond the shadow of any doubt the best post on the thread. and the top picture is such a great picture of bob the beancounter. the only thing missing is him petting a cat on his lap!

TP2000

THIS is the absolute winner post 😅 . I might have added "and popcorn buckets" 😅

Agreed. As I was skimming this thread I thought "I'll make a post about Chapek thinking refrigerator magnets will pacify the grumbling masses, like Marie Antoinette telling the starving peasants to just eat cake".

But then I saw that magnet post, and I thought... Nope. @DznyGrlSD already wins. 😍

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom