Complicated Fast Pass Question

Yorel

Original Poster
I will be staying on Disney property for 4 days, and have separately purchased tickets for 6 days. I’ll be in the Orlando area prior to my resort check in, so I want to start using visiting the parks a couple of days before resort check-in. I’d like to link the tickets to MDE resort stay.

Will I be able to use FP+ 60 days before for the 2 days prior to resort check-in, and 30 days before as a guest? How does this work and has anyone tried this?

Rob562

Yes, you can (and should) link the ticket to the same MDE profile as your hotel reservation.

You won't be able to make FP+ choices for the days before your Disney resort checkin until 30 days before those particular dates.

For the dates corresponding to your Disney hotel, those can all be made at 60 days out.

As a bonus, you can use the MagicBand you'll get for the hotel reservation to access your ticket for park entry and FP+. (Other Band functions like charging purchases won't work until you check into your Disney hotel)

-Rob

KCL

I will be staying on Disney property for 4 days, and have separately purchased tickets for 6 days. I’ll be in the Orlando area prior to my resort check in, so I want to start using visiting the parks a couple of days before resort check-in. I’d like to link the tickets to MDE resort stay.

Will I be able to use FP+ 60 days before for the 2 days prior to resort check-in, and 30 days before as a guest? How does this work and has anyone tried this?

I've just recently had issues with this. We booked two days before a cruise at the Poly with a ticket package. We had a separate reservation at Caribbean Beach when we get back, but we're using the tickets from the original Poly package. We decided to add a day at the Poly and it was booked as just a room. I thankfully didn't have to deal with the details (my wife did) but the basic problem is that 30 days out we were not allowed to make Fastpass+ reservation to that added day before our actual package started. Some crap about it being Disney's policy. Short version of the resolution was that we cancelled the individual Poly night, added a day to the package and shifted our start date forward. After we did that, the Fastpass system recognized an active ticket and let us book.

I would definitely call and ask.

Rob562

I've just recently had issues with this. We booked two days before a cruise at the Poly with a ticket package. We had a separate reservation at Caribbean Beach when we get back, but we're using the tickets from the original Poly package. We decided to add a day at the Poly and it was booked as just a room. I thankfully didn't have to deal with the details (my wife did) but the basic problem is that 30 days out we were not allowed to make Fastpass+ reservation to that added day before our actual package started. Some crap about it being Disney's policy. Short version of the resolution was that we cancelled the individual Poly night, added a day to the package and shifted our start date forward. After we did that, the Fastpass system recognized an active ticket and let us book.

I would definitely call and ask.

The issue is that tickets associated with a package cannot be used before the check-in date of that package. So the package tickets can't be used for that one day before the package.

In the past you could have Guest Relations at the parks issue you the tickets up to 3 days before the check-in date, but since the roll-out of MDE and FP+ I've heard that practice has been discouraged. (Though even if you *could* get the tickets issued a day early, that still wouldn't allow you to make the FP+ choices until that point)

As you discovered, the fastest way around this is to change the start-date of the package reservation. (Alternately, you can book room-only reservations and buy tickets separately)

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom