Trip Report **COMPLETED** Welcome to Radiator Springs!

Hey everyone!
I never wrote a pre-trip report so aside from my instagram friends not sure if anyone even knows I went on another trip :)

Who?
The usual suspects - my Mom (Mary) and me (Megan)
This is a picture of us from our last trip!
IMG_7635.JPG

Where?
California!!! Woohoo!! San Diego and DisneyLAND!!! Disneyland Hotel was where we stayed :)
DSC_0870.JPG

When?
Total trip length was October 4-14, 2018

Why?
I had a work conference in San Diego and we figured - hey while we are in California why not go to Disneyland as well??? When you are a Disney addict anyway...:hilarious:

October 4-7, 2018 were all San Diego
I won't bore you with San Diego pictures but I figured I would at least include our usual travel date pictures - oh and a picture of us with the Grand Floridian ?? Just kidding its Hotel del Coronado :joyfull:
DSC_0652.JPG

DSC_0654.JPG

IMG_8898.JPG

Anyway...on to the actual TR!

Disneyland Day 1 October 8, 2018
We spent our morning in San Diego having some breakfast, walking around the water and riding some scooters :)
Then, we packed up our 4 suitcases (come on...is anyone surprised we have 4) and grabbed a taxi to the...train station! Yep, we were taking a train from San Diego to Anaheim! My Mom was very excited and I was just nervous because we had never taken one before and I wasn't sure how it all worked :)
Our taxi ride was eventful as our luggage almost fell out the window and the guy dropped us off way far away from the station :joyfull:
Then, we walked into the station with all our luggage and I freaked out that our luggage was too big. Thankfully, an Amtrak employee saw the distressed looks on our faces and checked our luggage with no problems! P.S. we were the only ones who checked our bags on the entire train :facepalm:
The San Diego downtown train station is really cool inside (if not a bit dingy as well).
DSC_0810.JPG

A light photo for all of you...
DSC_0813.JPG

Some more train station photos
IMG_8849.JPG

IMG_8850.JPG

IMG_8852.JPG

Next up: more train station photos

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 continued
DSC_0294.JPG

DSC_0297.JPG

DSC_0299.JPG

This parade is so cool! Main Street Electrical Parade is my all time favorite and I love how this one pulls from that one in so many ways! It changed quite a bit since we saw it last time too which is cool :) I am very glad we did the dining package too! The area was not very crowded and very heavily policed so that no one could sneak in :)
After the parade we slowly made our way to Guardians of the Galaxy (Mission Breakout) since we had a FP
IMG_9159.JPG

However the ride must have been down for some time because the FP line was INSANE - at least 30 minutes! So, we decided to do Monster's Inc Mike and Sully to the Rescue instead (thats literally the full name!).
DSC_0304.JPG
DSC_0306.JPG
DSC_0307.JPG
DSC_0309.JPG
DSC_0312.JPG
IMG_9073.JPG

Next up: quick post to finish out Day 3

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 4 October 11, 2018
We got up, got ready and headed to the monorail to take to DL! If you are staying at a DL resort you can use the monorail during EMH but no one else can.
Protip: scanning your ticket at the monorail station counts as entry so you can start making a FP right then if you have Max Pass! Of course I ended up making one for Radiator Springs Racers :)
DSC_0319.JPG

DSC_0321.JPG

We essentially got into DL just as it was about to open to the general public so we hung out on Main St. for a few minutes with the intention of rope dropping POTC.
My Mom was wearing her new shirt :)
DSC_0322.JPG

DSC_0323.JPG

We did indeed make it to POTC for rope drop :)
DSC_0325.JPG

DSC_0326.JPG

DSC_0327.JPG

Blue Bayou which is a restaurant you can see from inside the ride :)
DSC_0328.JPG
DSC_0335.JPG
DSC_0338.JPG

Next up: Day 4 continued

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 4 continued
We headed to Snow White's Scary Adventures after this
I was on a mission to do everything in Fantasyland but the lines were already a bit long so this is all we did today
DSC_0360.JPG

DSC_0361.JPG

DSC_0363.JPG

IMG_9189.JPG

This ride...like most in Fantasyland at DL to be honest...was a bit weird :hilarious: I actually got scared on it by the witch so I'm sure little kids definitely would.
After our ride we headed out and over to DCA
We had not eaten yet so decided to stop for some treats for breakfast :)
I got this giant peanut butter cookie and my Mom got a cupcake
DSC_0369.JPG

DSC_0370.JPG

IMG_9242.JPG

After our treats (and to warn you all this was the day of a million treats) we headed to....RSR!
Ride number 4!
IMG_9195.JPG

IMG_9196.JPG

82436090.jpeg

Next up: more DCA!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 4 continued
After our ride I decided I was still hungry so we grabbed something I have been wanting for 3 years (no joke....I never got it last time we were in DL)....
DSC_0377.JPG

Mac and Cheese in a bread cone ! The mac and cheese itself was delicious! The bread cone was fine - we threw most of it out to spare the calories of the bread :joyfull:
DSC_0375.JPG
IMG_9244.JPG
IMG_9238.JPG

Mind you it was like 10:45 am and we were eating mac and cheese but so was everyone else!
After our snack we headed over to Hollywood for our next FP. Guardians of the Galaxy Mission Breakout!
fullsizeoutput_23df.jpeg

DSC_0382.JPG

DSC_0394.JPG

DSC_0383.JPG

DSC_0385.JPG

Next up: more DCA

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 4 continued
IMG_9205.JPG

IMG_9206.JPG

I could not get a decent picture of Rocket but that animatronic is INSANE its so good!!
DSC_0389.JPG

IMG_9241.JPG

IMG_9207.JPG

IMG_9208.JPG

I actually made us watch Guardians of the Galaxy for the first time on our plane ride to California just so we would have a clue what is going on. I'll be honest I really am not into Marvel type movies but it was pretty funny but also sad so I cried (of course). I will say, though, I definitely zoned out for a lot of the action scenes :joyfull: I know I should start seeing all the Marvel films but I will have to work up to them. Weird that I like Star Wars though now that I think about it ...
82449804.jpeg

We were nervous but we had a blast on this ride! It is so much fun and the graphics are incredible! You drop a lot more than Tower of Terror too!
After our ride we headed over to the Silly Symphony Swings which was another first for us
DSC_0396.JPG

DSC_0397.JPG

We ended up getting separated on the ride but it was still fun

Next up: more DCA

LeighM

I actually made us watch Guardians of the Galaxy for the first time on our plane ride to California just so we would have a clue what is going on. I'll be honest I really am not into Marvel type movies but it was pretty funny but also sad so I cried (of course). I will say, though, I definitely zoned out for a lot of the action scenes :joyfull: I know I should start seeing all the Marvel films but I will have to work up to them. Weird that I like Star Wars though now that I think about it ...

You aren't into Marvel movies :jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:?! LOL. I was really late to the game myself. My husband had only wanted to watch Iron Man movies (his favorite) and I had only seen Captain America (my favorite) and a little bit of the first 2 Thor movies - yes we're a divided household LOL. I was talking to a former coworker (one of the biggest Marvel fans ever!!!) and I thought he was going to have a heart attack when I told him that I didn't know what an Infinity Stone was - and this was right after the first Guardians of the Galaxy came out. He bullied me into watching it. After that my husband and I were both hooked. And my husband was so annoyed because he had seen the Iron Man movies multiple times and didn't know anything about the extra end credit scenes :)

CaliKris

Glad you loved Mission Breakout! It makes me laugh every time. Not as scary as ToT. Although, I am so glad WDW still has ToT.

FYI: At Halloween time after dark, Guardians becomes Monsters After Dark. It is a different sequence and a song titled, "Monsters After Dark", which are really the only lyrics of the song. LOL! However, that might be why the FP line was so long. It is extremely popular!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
You aren't into Marvel movies :jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:?! LOL. I was really late to the game myself. My husband had only wanted to watch Iron Man movies (his favorite) and I had only seen Captain America (my favorite) and a little bit of the first 2 Thor movies - yes we're a divided household LOL. I was talking to a former coworker (one of the biggest Marvel fans ever!!!) and I thought he was going to have a heart attack when I told him that I didn't know what an Infinity Stone was - and this was right after the first Guardians of the Galaxy came out. He bullied me into watching it. After that my husband and I were both hooked. And my husband was so annoyed because he had seen the Iron Man movies multiple times and didn't know anything about the extra end credit scenes :)

I feel like I would really like the movies if I just sat down and took the time to watch them. All my friends tell me all the time I need to see them. I need someone to tell me what order I should watch things in!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Glad you loved Mission Breakout! It makes me laugh every time. Not as scary as ToT. Although, I am so glad WDW still has ToT.

FYI: At Halloween time after dark, Guardians becomes Monsters After Dark. It is a different sequence and a song titled, "Monsters After Dark", which are really the only lyrics of the song. LOL! However, that might be why the FP line was so long. It is extremely popular!

We rode the night time version too later in the week! It was super fun!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom