Trip Report *COMPLETED* The "What are we waiting on?, Never again!, Help, I'm on a family vacation!" Trip Report

Howdy folks!!

We just got back home yesterday afternoon from a great week in Disney! I'm still trying to get my pictures in order, but I figured I could get the intro started! There were some definite ups and downs (tears were shed for both) on this trip which you will hear about further on, but overall it was a magical trip and we had a great time! So if you care to join me, hop on in as I detail the trip in this report!

Dates: November 24th-December 2nd

Where: Disney's Pop Century Resort

Cast: Josh (DH), Cam (DS) and Heather (Me!)
Also joining us will be my Parents and my niece, Maci
AK_BRDGTOP_20181129_414762671701.jpg

fractal

Been reading a number of subpar reports on Ohana lately. It's always a restaurant I recommend when people ask me about WDW. I now have to reconsider that.

I agree with you on the meal plan. We didn't do it on our last trip and we didn't miss it.

Thanks for sharing your trip with us!

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
Loved reading your trip! SO funny, Harper (who was 4 on our trip) did the same thing with 7DMT! Watched videos for months and then when standing in line was terrified, I was so upset! But I told her if she was brave, we'd get a toy when she was done. She did ride and her face in the pic.. omg. So funny. But she did it! I was so proud!

The ride pics are epic! LOL! Proud of our brave kiddos!
Thanks for reading!

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
Been reading a number of subpar reports on Ohana lately. It's always a restaurant I recommend when people ask me about WDW. I now have to reconsider that.

I agree with you on the meal plan. We didn't do it on our last trip and we didn't miss it.

Thanks for sharing your trip with us!

I have too! I'm kind of glad we aren't the only ones because I don't want to sound like I was being super picky. But yes, even the salad was just off. I hope they make some much needed changes and get back to the good stuff!

I look forward to next time we go and not being tied down to the dining plan!

Thank you for reading!

Rista1313

I have too! I'm kind of glad we aren't the only ones because I don't want to sound like I was being super picky. But yes, even the salad was just off. I hope they make some much needed changes and get back to the good stuff!

I look forward to next time we go and not being tied down to the dining plan!

Thank you for reading!

I concur with everyone... In May it was just very subpar, and totally rushed. The bread was awful... the platter of apps were cold, and they were slow to bring out shrimp. Very disappointed. We will not be back unless major changes are made.

kimberlymautz

Just finished reading and I LOVED your trip report!

I was in WDW with my daughter and son in May for my daughter's 7th birthday and we ended up with the first three days being just the three of us and then my parents and younger brother came down, and then my mom's dad came, and then my kids' dad came on my daughter's birthday. UGH.
I love my family, but it was so nice going at our own pace so once everyone else showed up and we had to then go at theirs it was rather frustrating.

I also wasn't very happy with our dinner at O'hana in May. We did breakfast there our first day which was fantastic, so much fun and the food was great. I was so excited when I saw that a dinner reservation opened up and even planned to pay it out of pocket (luckily, or unluckily, we had issues at our resort so they gave us extra dining credits) but I was really disappointed. :(

Loved following along and now I'm even more excited for my trip next week!

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
Just finished reading and I LOVED your trip report!

I was in WDW with my daughter and son in May for my daughter's 7th birthday and we ended up with the first three days being just the three of us and then my parents and younger brother came down, and then my mom's dad came, and then my kids' dad came on my daughter's birthday. UGH.
I love my family, but it was so nice going at our own pace so once everyone else showed up and we had to then go at theirs it was rather frustrating.

I also wasn't very happy with our dinner at O'hana in May. We did breakfast there our first day which was fantastic, so much fun and the food was great. I was so excited when I saw that a dinner reservation opened up and even planned to pay it out of pocket (luckily, or unluckily, we had issues at our resort so they gave us extra dining credits) but I was really disappointed. :(

Loved following along and now I'm even more excited for my trip next week!

Glad you feel me on the family issue! LOL! I hope you have a wonderful trip!!!
Thanks for reading!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom