Trip Report **COMPLETED** The Story of Two Nuts Who Decided to Go to Disney for NYE

Who?
The two nuts - my Mom (Mary) and myself (Megan)
IMG_9860.JPG

Where?
The Contemporary - strategically picked to help us survive the New Years crowds :)

When?
December 28, 2018 - January 2, 2019

Why?
For New Years! We had been to Disney once before for New Years which is the reason for the title :) On our first time there for New Years we had no clue it would be crowded but this time we willingly went for New Years well knowing the crowds would be awful! We are NUTS!

What to expect?
Slow moving days, a lot of pictures of crowds, a LOT of phone pictures (I did not film this trip so I got lazy and most days did not even carry my good camera :facepalm: - helped me manage the crowds), and a pretty big purchase :)

Day 1 - December 28, 2018
I had to work but was able to start my day a bit earlier so that I could make it to my flight on time :) My parents drove me to work and picked me up so we could head right to the airport. I was stressed (especially after last trip) that the weather would be bad but it was actually 45 degrees at home - unseasonably warm! We had to take our usual date signs at the airport :)
DSC_0576.JPG

DSC_0579.JPG

As usual we made it though check in and security very quickly and we headed to get some food at Anchor Bar.
Z1drKy7oTAmTIOGRJ1n4tA.jpg
+wchtI31SpiJD68q2JeBug.jpg

We shared a quesadilla and boneless wings. Both things were delicious!
2UXCGkPwSQK1bFaYF3m6jw.jpg

kLQ%hAFvQwi0SBw9Qmoz4g.jpg

After eating we headed to our gate :)
IMG_0761.JPG

Kf1R+oDKQYa7wBO53Jcn6Q.jpg

cIDcO36mRJSTNqPSW6hLzg.jpg

Next up: more travel randomness

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Another great trip report from BCDD!!

Thanks to both the M&M girls!!
I will let you decide what colour you want to be....
View attachment 344318View attachment 344319View attachment 344320

Love the pic on teacups with a light fixture almost directly over top of you

Looking forward to more adventures and reports in remainder of 2019

Max

PINK! I choose pink!

What a fun way to end your trip, with HEA from the balcony! I'm dreaming of having annual passes one year and going twice in a year!

I hope someday you can :)

Doc Disney

Original Poster

bee

Thanks for sharing your wonderful report and congrats on your DVC purchase!

We did NYE once. We spent about two hours at Epcot in the morning and it was already so crowded that Ellen was FULL. Then we went to AK (pre-Pandora) and hardly anyone was there. NYD we went to MK and it was pretty manageable. You are two brave women for doing more park time than we did!

Your dresses match the apples and napkins! :joyfull:

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Thanks for sharing your wonderful report and congrats on your DVC purchase!

We did NYE once. We spent about two hours at Epcot in the morning and it was already so crowded that Ellen was FULL. Then we went to AK (pre-Pandora) and hardly anyone was there. NYD we went to MK and it was pretty manageable. You are two brave women for doing more park time than we did!

Your dresses match the apples and napkins! :joyfull:

I slightly planned that to match :joyfull:
And thank you for reading :) I was actually thinking about AK on NYE because even with Pandora the wait times were not bad at all!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom