Trip Report **COMPLETED** The Story of Two Nuts Who Decided to Go to Disney for NYE

Who?
The two nuts - my Mom (Mary) and myself (Megan)
IMG_9860.JPG

Where?
The Contemporary - strategically picked to help us survive the New Years crowds :)

When?
December 28, 2018 - January 2, 2019

Why?
For New Years! We had been to Disney once before for New Years which is the reason for the title :) On our first time there for New Years we had no clue it would be crowded but this time we willingly went for New Years well knowing the crowds would be awful! We are NUTS!

What to expect?
Slow moving days, a lot of pictures of crowds, a LOT of phone pictures (I did not film this trip so I got lazy and most days did not even carry my good camera :facepalm: - helped me manage the crowds), and a pretty big purchase :)

Day 1 - December 28, 2018
I had to work but was able to start my day a bit earlier so that I could make it to my flight on time :) My parents drove me to work and picked me up so we could head right to the airport. I was stressed (especially after last trip) that the weather would be bad but it was actually 45 degrees at home - unseasonably warm! We had to take our usual date signs at the airport :)
DSC_0576.JPG

DSC_0579.JPG

As usual we made it though check in and security very quickly and we headed to get some food at Anchor Bar.
Z1drKy7oTAmTIOGRJ1n4tA.jpg
+wchtI31SpiJD68q2JeBug.jpg

We shared a quesadilla and boneless wings. Both things were delicious!
2UXCGkPwSQK1bFaYF3m6jw.jpg

kLQ%hAFvQwi0SBw9Qmoz4g.jpg

After eating we headed to our gate :)
IMG_0761.JPG

Kf1R+oDKQYa7wBO53Jcn6Q.jpg

cIDcO36mRJSTNqPSW6hLzg.jpg

Next up: more travel randomness

HauntedMansionFLA

Nothing in particular. I just mean to say while I enjoy Food and Wine I typically would not go out of my way to be there :) I guess Christmas and the Christmas party is a bigger priority !

Thank you :) Thanks for reading!
I worked a Christmas party and it was a lot of fun. The big cookies given out at the beginning looked yummy. The parks are so beautiful when they are decked out for the holidays. It easy to get into the holiday spirit.

LisaBelle

Thanks to a snow day I finally got caught up on your TR! Great TR as always. Super excited for you on your DVC purchase! Wilderness Lodge is my favorite resort so I think it was the perfect choice. I had a feeling that was the large purchase.
I love the idea of NYE at Disney, who am I kidding, I love the idea of any day at Disney, but those crowds are crazy. Not sure I could handle all those people. But I've been enough times and I am a planner so I am sure we'd manage if we ever get the chance to do that.
Loved your "Chears to the New Year" shirts and your sparkly skirts. The dessert party food looked really fun, especially the s'mores and the Mickey push pop thing! Loved your MK view. What fun to ring in the new year from your balcony overlooking the MK.
Excited to read your next TR for the 10K. I had so much fun at the 5K. I'd love to do it again.

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Thanks to a snow day I finally got caught up on your TR! Great TR as always. Super excited for you on your DVC purchase! Wilderness Lodge is my favorite resort so I think it was the perfect choice. I had a feeling that was the large purchase.
I love the idea of NYE at Disney, who am I kidding, I love the idea of any day at Disney, but those crowds are crazy. Not sure I could handle all those people. But I've been enough times and I am a planner so I am sure we'd manage if we ever get the chance to do that.
Loved your "Chears to the New Year" shirts and your sparkly skirts. The dessert party food looked really fun, especially the s'mores and the Mickey push pop thing! Loved your MK view. What fun to ring in the new year from your balcony overlooking the MK.
Excited to read your next TR for the 10K. I had so much fun at the 5K. I'd love to do it again.

Thank you for reading :) If you plan it out OK I definitely think NYE is do-able and can be enjoyable !

A really GREAT extensive photo trip report thank your for sharing! :D

Aw thanks for reading !

MerMom1981

I only just found your report yesterday! I'm super punctual IRL, but forever late for the party online.

I love all of your mother-daughter TR"s! All of them. Gwen(my daughter) and I want to be you guys when we grow up!

Congrats on your DVC purchase! SO exciting!
I make puppy eyes at my husband every time we see a kiosk, but the man is made of stone. 🤣

You seem to mention stomach trouble after rich meals semi-frequently. This used to be me, except way more than srmi-frequently. Have you ever tried kombucha? I started drinking a few ounces daily last year, and it has made a HUGE difference for me.

Doc Disney

Original Poster
I only just found your report yesterday! I'm super punctual IRL, but forever late for the party online.

I love all of your mother-daughter TR"s! All of them. Gwen(my daughter) and I want to be you guys when we grow up!

Congrats on your DVC purchase! SO exciting!
I make puppy eyes at my husband every time we see a kiosk, but the man is made of stone. 🤣

You seem to mention stomach trouble after rich meals semi-frequently. This used to be me, except way more than srmi-frequently. Have you ever tried kombucha? I started drinking a few ounces daily last year, and it has made a HUGE difference for me.

Yay ! Thanks for reading !
I can not even tolerate the smell of kombucha ... :hilarious:
Maybe I should try it again though. I really think it all stems from at home I eat super clean - at Disney I eat whatever I want which my stomach is not used to :p

MerMom1981

Yay ! Thanks for reading !
I can not even tolerate the smell of kombucha ... :hilarious:
Maybe I should try it again though. I really think it all stems from at home I eat super clean - at Disney I eat whatever I want which my stomach is not used to :p
Oh no. You don't SMELL kombucha. It's awful. 😝 It doesn't taste very good either. I found a cranberry flavor that is very tolerable though.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
I'm happy we are only running the 10K because I am terrified about how hot it will be o_O
We are used to training in 5-20 degree weather

That was my big fear last year when I went for marathon weekend (to run the 5K and the half marathon). Clearly my fear was unfounded. Since I was expecting SLIGHTLY warmer temperature in Florida than in Switzerland and having left home more than 2 weeks before the race I did NOT have the right running gear with me. 😬 I was able to make do with layering tops but only brought running skirts as bottoms; managed to get some running tights at the expo and thankfully had no problems with seams rubbing/chafing me. Having experienced that during my first half marathon in a t-shirt I’d worn frequently and without issue while training, it was not an ideal time to try out new running clothes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom