Trip Report **COMPLETED** Snack and Back: Our Halloween Trip

Hello everyone!
I am back again from the World and I took a few more photos than last time well knowing I would actually write a TR :hilarious:

Who?
Back to just my Mom (Mary) and I (Megan)
520487817.jpeg

Where?
Back at the Contemporary. We were originally staying at BLT (not on points) but when the pass holder discount came out it was cheaper to stay theme park view at the Contemporary. No lie. It was nuts.

When?
October 3-6, 2019

Why?
We planned this trip well before our other trips with the idea of it being our Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party trip :hilarious:

The Title?
If you followed me on Instagram you may know otherwise you will find out at the end :)

October 3, 2019
We got up at 3:30 am 🙃
We stayed at a hotel across the street from the airport so we saved ourselves some time aka more sleep :joyfull:
DSC_0338.JPG

DSC_0341.JPG

We took a shuttle over to the airport and made it just around the time the Southwest Counter opened.
We made it through check in and security in less than 10 minutes.
Then we grabbed some bagels for a quick breakfast.
Xpy+L+owTMKQ1qjnjyj2OA.jpg

After our breakfast we headed to our gate
IMG_6683.JPG

Z%EXFsDjTkC5RjPd8xUOfA.jpg

For once we boarded our plane on time and left on time :)
WrE7vzcNQGOycnXxjHUKSQ.jpg

Our flight went by very fast. I think it was 2 hours and 10 minutes and soon enough we were at MCO!
Fonorail time! We were standing so super awkward photos :hilarious:
DSC_0346.JPG

DSC_0347.JPG

New airport picture? :joyfull:
DSC_0348.JPG

Next up: more travel

Doc Disney

Original Poster
How is the 100 Morning Meltdown? I was thinking of trying it out. :)

Oh I love it! Do you do Beachbody already ?

It is 11 days until I have my dinner at the California Grill. Because I have a Disney planning illness, I already know what I want and it turns out to be the meal you had! I am loving all of the pictures you are posting. It is so great that you have a mom that is a partner in crime like she is. I find it crazy to see temperatures in the 90's in October, but that is Florida for you. Looking forward to your next installment.

I have a Disney planning illness too - my Mom and I always look at the menus before and decide what we want. Then proceed to look at the menu for awhile like we don't already know 🙃

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Following with you and your Mom :)
I love good parm chicken, and the chicken parm we had at Tony's last year was delicious. They have really turned that place around.
Love your Halloween outfits. Does your Mom or you make them?

We love Tony's - I'm glad to hear you liked it last year! I agree they changed it quite a bit for the better
We did not make them. The shirts and ears are from Disney and the skirts I got on amazon :)

it is great to see another one of your trip reports.:D

Thank you :)

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 2 continued
DSC_0473.JPG

We were adamant that we weren't going to meet characters at this party....but......we walked by Winnie the Pooh and friends around 6:15 and there was barely any line so we hopped in!
They came out at 6:30 and we met them at like 6:45. We waited less time than we did last party. Woohoo!
DSC_0477.JPG

DSC_0479.JPG

536432197.jpeg

Then we headed to Haunted Mansion. We waited less than 5 minutes for this. The party was not very crowded at all!
We tried to pretend we were eating candy but ran out of time to fully get it in place :hilarious:
536390366.jpeg

IMG_6946.JPG

When we were walking out of the HM I said "oh its getting dark out already?" and a CM from the shadows of the dark said "yes it is" in a creepy voice. :joyfull::joyfull:
This random fog was out for a minute.
IMG_6951.JPG

IMG_6953.JPG

536419160.jpeg

536419058.jpeg

Next up: more MNSSHP

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 2 continued
We really wanted to try POTC to see the live actors so we headed there next. The wait time was listed as 25 minutes but it was essentially a walk on
Some lights for you
DSC_0484.JPG

DSC_0485.JPG

536416914.jpeg

DSC_0494.JPG

The actors were a really cool addition !
DSC_0499.JPG

DSC_0502.JPG

DSC_0503.JPG

Then we did some trick or treating and headed to Aladdin's Magic Carpet
IMG_6954.JPG

IMG_6956.JPG

Next up: more MNSSHP

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 2 continued
We were on a mission to try all the rides with overlays so we headed over to Tommorowland
DSC_0505.JPG

DSC_0506.JPG

DSC_0509.JPG

DSC_0511.JPG

We did the Monsters Inc Trick or Treat/overlay and the Space Mountain one too. We waited 20 minutes for Space Mountain (I took no photos apparently) and it was sooooo much fun in the dark!
Last up on the overlays: Teacups!
IMG_6961.JPG

IMG_6962.JPG

IMG_6964.JPG

IMG_6965.JPG

DSC_0515.JPG

It's essentially just different lights but it was still fun!

Next up: more party

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 2 continued
We were exhausted at this point. For some reason way more than the day before when we got up at 3:30 am. We both agreed we would head out and watch the fireworks from our balcony.
On the way out we did decide to watch the Headless Horseman. Again - it was dead at this party. There were tons of places to watch the parade! I wish I had more energy to stay and watch the actual parade
DSC_0536.JPG

DSC_0537.JPG

DSC_0538.JPG

Then a photo on the way out
536488314.jpeg

536488342.jpeg

Fireworks from the balcony :)
DSC_0541.JPG

DSC_0545.JPG

DSC_0546.JPG

DSC_0552.JPG

DSC_0553.JPG

Our FP window opened up early so I had to make the rest of our December FPs before going to bed :hilarious:

Next up: Day 3

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom