Trip Report **COMPLETED** Run or Fun?: Our Wine and Dine Trip

Hello everyone ! I have been back for a few days now so it's time to start my Trip Report :)

Who?
My Mom (Mary) and I (Megan)
IMG_6742.JPG

When?
November 1 - 5, 2019

Why?
Wine and Dine 10K

Where?
Yacht Club! Our first time staying there and spoiler alert - we LOVED it!

Day 1 November 1, 2019
We had an early flight again so we stayed at a hotel across from the airport. We got up at 3:20 am and got ready 😴
DSC_0657.JPG

DSC_0660.JPG

We got to the airport a few minutes before the Southwest Counter opened up so we made friends with some other people who were running this weekend :)
Then, we were quickly through check-in and security so we could grab some bagels to eat.
Xpy+L+owTMKQ1qjnjyj2OA.jpg

I was absolutely convinced that we would not get out of Buffalo. The weather was horrendous. Super high winds, sleet type rain, etc. So we nervously waited at the gate to see what would happen.
qmIX7Ka+R4WNQnVe306qhQ.jpg

11BBC408-D1DB-4AC3-9214-C397B1D247DB.JPG

I saw the pilots board the plane and knew we were good to go. Phew!!
Magic Band time :)
bAca+RjVT0ORYf1O7JN5+g.jpg

%PvhYl66RgO%6DN4eYbc6A.jpg

Soon enough we made it to Florida, off the plane and to the fonorail!
DSC_0663.JPG

DSC_0664.JPG

Next up: more arrival fun

PeoplemoverTTA

Yay, glad to come along! The weather was SO terrible on Halloween and the 1st (and now even this sprinkling of snow is ridiculous so early) - glad you got out okay!

Cant wait for the rest 👋

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 1 continued
I would say "new photo at the airport tradition" except when we were leaving they changed the wrap to Batuu :hilarious:
DSC_0667.JPG

We walked down to DME and noticed this new sign (super blurry sorry)
DSC_0669.JPG

We got right on our Magical Express and it left right away!
Woohoo!
SGyTrgRlTsWJkaT5D2VJ1w.jpg

Plus - we were the first stop! Bonus!
I should mention that while on the bus we found out that no one had power at home (well except for my sister Betta who does not live in Buffalo).
This is what my other sister's street looked like :
IMG_4649.jpeg

We were very lucky to get out
At the Yacht Club we checked in and changed our credit cards around. The Yacht Club has some pretty weird lamps :hilarious:
59430881156__36070CA0-4E22-466E-AF67-E16E42D18578.JPG

We needed a snack so we stopped at The Market
I got a toffee brownie type thing and my Mom got this cupcake which I think was vanilla
5PDV0xMXT+upkDELswcWMg.jpg

mwQBTA46Tm+30jYCJhfjRg.jpg

Breakfast of champions !
There was nowhere to sit in The Market (at Ale and Compass for the formal name) so we ended up eating in the hall :hilarious:
bTz3cYSZTo6JeHTCe6lPlQ.jpg

After this we headed to the Expo bus stop by way of the gorgeous convention center :)
u9yt4HJETTedHK81Y1ot7g.jpg

We just missed the bus, but another one came within 10 minutes :)
3oaLANyMScOQqc%MCzjBNQ.jpg

Next up: Expo time!

Last edited:

krause

We were there too! I followed along with your insta, we weren’t at the same parks other than Epcot one evening and I think we watched Epcot Forever from opposite sides of the World Showcase :joyfull: Kinda creepy lol. Can’t wait to see how your week was! We didn’t do any of the running but we definitely saw some runners!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Can't wait to hear all about it

Thanks for following !

We were there too! I followed along with your insta, we weren’t at the same parks other than Epcot one evening and I think we watched Epcot Forever from opposite sides of the World Showcase :joyfull: Kinda creepy lol. Can’t wait to see how your week was! We didn’t do any of the running but we definitely saw some runners!

Oh really ?! What did you think of it ?

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 1 continued
We got to the Expo and got a little lost for a second. They changed the layout a bit and the bib pickup moved to a closer building :)
Look at how awkward this photo is - not sure why they didn't tell us how weirdly spaced we are :hilarious:
HT0BfdsCSNCiwaoog5XHHw.jpg

Thankfully @sheriffwoody came to the rescue and added Olaf in for me :)
IMG_7481.JPG

0ul1v%RYR9KXHVbv0I8o7A.jpg

kEJQGvflQP+zUhO%KibLPA.jpg

We were pleased to see we were corral C this time since last race we were D :)
bWZtzASOQlaAYD5mEa5fNQ.jpg

I see now why they moved bib pickup - because it dumps you right into the Disney merchandise tent. Smart!
ebUKPxDSS7O4IQVzQXpwqg.jpg

We wandered around quite a bit before deciding on a magnet and a headband. I have no pictures of them apparently :banghead:
Then we headed over to meet Mickey in the most adorable outfit ever !
IMG_7455.JPG

IMG_7456.JPG

fullsizeoutput_4223.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_4224.jpeg

Next up: more Expo

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 1 continued
Then we headed into the vendor part of the Expo to pick up our shirts
r0YONPDBQoCZwdPG3UlCcQ.jpg

Then some random outside photos before heading out
Wt3lPGS2QgWOMalGhSOtHA.jpg

McsSFnWWTGK73B2Sv0jbAQ.jpg

J8hOydIvRRWCc7iK0rlU3g.jpg

9l6n2q%dSDuEaadqx3C+OQ.jpg

S4R4ir6FR9uxP3toxfVekg.jpg

We took the Expo bus back to the Yacht Club and decided we would ask to see if our room was ready. Well, the CM at the desk was like "oh your room JUST became available!" Hooray!
Up to the 3rd floor we went and --- our suitcases were in the room. So clearly it was not JUST available and they forgot to text me :hilarious:
Some room photos. Everything was so adorable!!! It was hard to adjust to the darkness of everything since the Beach Club is so bright, but in the end I preferred it.
DSC_0672.JPG

DSC_0673.JPG

DSC_0674.JPG

Look how adorable this little bed light is :happy:
DSC_0675.JPG

Next up: more room photos

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom