Trip Report Completed- Photo Heavy!! Lines, Lines, Fast Pass, Lines, Lines, repeat- A Quick trip to the World

Hello again everyone!! Got another whirlwind trip report for you!

So on this trip, we were offered by my Mother and her Husband a trip down to Florida to visit them as our Christmas present for this year.
And what a present it was!!
They rent this beautiful house every winter to hang out and to get away from the cold winters up north.
So we got to fly down, spend a few days with them and at the parks, then back home to work, school, and worst of all, cold weather again.
20191229_052745.jpg

Here we are in our first of many lines on this trip! In line to check bags at the airport. The cast on this trip is my Wife, 2 sons, daughter, and myself.

20191229_095925.jpg

Yay for flying coach!! Look at all that leg room!!

20191229_102208.jpg

20191229_102238.jpg

The entrances to the airport monorail had these cool stickers on the glass advertising Black Spire Outpost!

Next up, Universal Studios!!

Last edited:

bauton

Original Poster
More Parade pics
IMG_2475.JPG

IMG_2476.JPG

I've never been to NYC to see the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, so I have to admit that it was kind of cool to see balloons that had been used in the parade before. It was interesting to me to watch the handlers of the balloons to see what they had to do to keep the balloons safe. You don't get to see that part on TV.
IMG_2478.JPG

IMG_2480.JPG

IMG_2482.JPG

IMG_2484.JPG

IMG_2487.JPG

Shrek!!
IMG_2490.JPG

IMG_2492.JPG

IMG_2495.JPG

bauton

Original Poster
More Parade
IMG_2497.JPG

IMG_2505.JPG

IMG_2513.JPG

And just like the parade in NYC...
IMG_2517.JPG

It ends with Santa!! I thought it was kind of risky to have Santa in the parade after Christmas. What if some kid didn't get his X-Box and decided to take it out on the bearded wonder? It could have been ugly.

Thoughts on the parade: It wasn't as good as Disney parades we've seen. My family just doesn't have the emotional attachment to these characters like we do with Mickey and Co. I have to say that the performers did put on a very enthusiastic show for everyone. And in the end, we all enjoyed the parade.

After the parade went by, we starting walking to the place where we were going to have dinner, when we noticed Santa stopped next to the tree in the park.
20191231_143010.jpg

We had stopped by the tree earlier in the day, where the Wife took this ornament selfie with the kids.
IMG_2519.JPG

We noticed that the tree was not lit up at night.
IMG_2520.JPG

But Santa said some Christmasy words, and the tree lit up!!
We all thought it was a nice touch.

The park was beautiful in the dark.
IMG_2523.JPG

IMG_2524.JPG

20191231_220534.jpg

And we had to go back into Diagon Alley to see it at night.

bauton

Original Poster
To mainly see this
IMG_2528.JPG

IMG_2529.JPG

IMG_2530.JPG

IMG_2531.JPG

IMG_2533.JPG

It was kind of cool to see this. It amazed me how many people would just stand around waiting for it to go off. If you were close enough, you could even feel the heat from the fire.

Okay, one more rant.
Since it was New Year's Eve, the park was advertising a special fireworks show in the lagoon. Being Disney veterans, we knew we needed to find a spot early. So we went to the park area next to the lagoon, and found us a nice area that had a brick wall in front of us, and a metal fence surrounding a planter to our right. We were thinking it was a good spot as two of our four sides were covered.

As we got closer to midnight, more and more people started to crowd into the area. People started climbing up on the rock wall to see. People started climbing the metal fence to get into the planter to see. The crowd behind us starting pushing forward as the show started.

The staff did not even try to keep an emergency path open. We saw no staff at all actually. We felt the whole thing was very unsafe, and not organized at all.

The show ended up being a couple of dance songs, some projection mapping on one set of buildings, a count down to midnight, then some fireworks.

Kind of a let down compared to what Disney does on the same night. We did get free party hats and noise makers!!

So all in all, we enjoyed both Universal Parks. We just didn't think there was enough to do to fill out our day. Now if we didn't have the Express Pass, we most likely would not have been able to do half of what we did, as we would have spent most of our time waiting in lines.

So we made our weary way back to my Mom's house, and sleep in!!!

Next up: Magic Kingdom!!

bauton

Original Poster
IMG_2619.JPG

IMG_2620.JPG

So we figured we would hit Seven Drawfs Mine Train first.
The problem is, so did everyone else in the park that morning.

There was a mad rush to get in line for the ride. With people pushing and shoving, trying to get to the ride as fast as they could.

We've been to Disney many times when it has been crowded, but we have never seen guests acting as bad as this. It's surprising to me that no one got hurt!
IMG_2640.JPG

We finally made it to the entrance! Should it be Dwarfs or Drawves'

IMG_2642.JPG
IMG_2641.JPG

The theming of the queue was fantastic.
IMG_2644.JPG

IMG_2645.JPG

IMG_2646.JPG

This was our first time riding this ride.
We all enjoyed it, especially the Mine section of the ride.
We just didn't think it was worth all of the anarchy to get in line for the ride.

IMG_2658.JPG

Onto Storybook Circus next for our first Fast Pass

IMG_2661.JPG

Dumbo!!!

bauton

Original Poster
IMG_2663.JPG

Goofy was down this morning. We never made it back over to this side of the park to ride it.
IMG_2668.JPG

It's become a family tradition that Dumbo is always one of the first rides we ride.
IMG_2669.JPG

IMG_2670.JPG

IMG_2672.JPG

Elephant Butt

My Wife's favorite ride is Peter Pan, so we started to make our way over there.
IMG_2637.JPG

IMG_2676.JPG

IMG_2681.JPG

IMG_2682.JPG

Couldn't get a Fast Pass. So we went into the stand by line. We knew they had updated the stand by line queue, so we didn't mind getting in line. 90 minutes later, we finally made it onto the ride. The new queue is cute, but not cute enough to wait in line for that long!
IMG_2683.JPG

bauton

Original Poster
IMG_2687.JPG

Favorite restrooms!!
IMG_2705.JPG

Next was Haunted Mansion. Even though the stand by sign said 50 minute wait, we got into the mansion in 15 minutes.
IMG_2717.JPG
IMG_2714.JPG

IMG_2719.JPG

IMG_2723.JPG

Found the Bride's ring!!
IMG_2732.JPG

Had to check out the new widened pathway. It was very nice.
Had to stop and mourn for the trees that were planted for one day and then removed from this path.

IMG_2735.JPG

By then, it was time for our next Fast Pass at Space Mountain. We were hoping to catch the Christmas version, but it was back to the normal version. Note: above is not Space Mountain, lol.

We had just enough time to get one of our favorite treats
20200102_163751.jpg

Dole Whip!!! The new location crowd flow seemed to work much better than the old location. And the new waffle chip with Goofy on it was a nice touch.

We then made our way to the hub to scout out a spot for the afternoon parade.

bauton

Original Poster
This was our first time seeing the Festival of Fantasy Parade.
IMG_2740.JPG

IMG_2742.JPG

Loved that the MSP lead off the parade!!
IMG_2750.JPG

IMG_2753.JPG

IMG_2755.JPG

IMG_2761.JPG

IMG_2763.JPG

Smolder?
IMG_2777.JPG

We had a family sitting next to use that had a little girl that had one of those annoying bubble blowers. She would blow bubbles at the different dancers, and when they saw the bubbles, they would come over and interact with the little girl!
Even characters on the floats would yell at her. So there is a pro tip for you. Get you a bubble blower to try to attract the cast members over to interact with your kids, then accidentally lose the blower in the nearest garbage can after the parade.
IMG_2780.JPG

IMG_2781.JPG

Almost looks like i tried to merge these pics!

bauton

Original Poster
We are big Disney parade fans!!
IMG_2782.JPG

IMG_2786.JPG

IMG_2791.JPG

IMG_2794.JPG
IMG_2792.JPG

IMG_2802.JPG

Our Favorite part of the parade, the Maleficent Dragon Float
IMG_2808.JPG

IMG_2809.JPG

We kept waiting for the fire, but no luck.
Universal- 1, Disney- 0
IMG_2818.JPG

IMG_2822.JPG

While waiting for the parade, we started chatting with a cast member that was working crowd control. I think his name was Rudy, but I don't remember for sure. He was quite a character. He was talking with the crowd and telling all kinds of jokes to entertain everyone. I noticed his name badge was a special one and asked him about it. He said he had received the Legacy award from Disney. He then went on to tell us funny stories about how he met Bob Iger and Bob Chapek at the award ceremony. He was great!!

Overall, we enjoyed the parade. We didn't think it was the best one we had ever seen. But it was still fun!!

bauton

Original Poster
We then went to ride our third Fast Pass at Big Thunder Mountain. We went ahead and did stand bye at Splash next since we were right there.
IMG_2869.JPG

Splash stand bye sign said 90 minutes, but we only waited 60.
The ride stopped on us right next to the scene where Brer Fox is putting Brer Rabbit into the pot. We were hoping to get an evac!!! But no luck, the ride started up. The good news was everything seemed to be working except for the hopping Brer Rabbit.
IMG_2861.JPG

Forgot to throw this in earlier, but the boys are excited about the new Tron coaster coming.

While waiting in line for Splash, I was able to score Fast Pass for Jingle Cruise!
IMG_2872.JPG

20200102_220708.jpg

We love campy looking decorations, so this fit the bill. Then add in campy Christmas Jingle Cruise jokes, it made it even better.

When we reached the famous "Back Side of Water" my whole family cheered!!! The looks from the other guests on the boat were funny, as they were trying to figure out if they missed a joke some how.

By then it was close to park closing. So we sadly made our way out of the park.

Was Magic Kingdom crowded beyond belief? Yes it was. It was the most crowded (how's that wording English majors?) we had ever seen the parks.

We ended up getting in 10 rides this day.

We also got to try mobile ordering for the first time at Cosmic Ray's, and I considered it a success!!! We spent more time waiting to find a seat than we did waiting for our food!

Next up: Disney Studios

bauton

Original Poster
Our next day we got up bright up bright and early to make it to the Studios for the 7 a.m. opening to try to get the coveted ROTR boarding pass!!

20200103_061913.jpg

In line to get in the Park 6 a.m.
They started letting us into the park about 20 after and we were thru the gates by 6:35.

It seemed like most guests were going towards Batuu, so we headed for Toy Story Land. We made it to the rope, and then waited for 7 a.m. to strike.

At 7, the wife and I started furiously hitting refresh on the app. She was able to get us a boarding pass!!! We were group 86.

It was kind of fun hearing different parts of the crowd start cheering when they got their boarding pass. But there were other guests close to us that only got back up boarding passes.

Is it the best solution in the world? No. But it is better than standing in line for multiple hours. More on the ride later.
IMG_2921.JPG

This was our first time visiting Toy Story Land. It seemed like everyone was heading for Slinky, so we decided to head for Midway Mania.
IMG_2923.JPG

IMG_2924.JPG

IMG_2934.JPG

Was the land built on the cheap? Probably. But my family loves the Toy Story movies, so we enjoyed the decor.
IMG_2946.JPG

IMG_2947.JPG

IMG_2942.JPG

By the time we got off Midway Mania, the lines for Slinky and the Alien ride were crazy. So we decided since we were right next to Batuu, to go ahead and venture in Black Spire Outpost.

20200103_085554.jpg

Batuu selfie

More Star Wars Land ahead!

bauton

Original Poster
So let me start by saying that I and my children are huge Star Wars fans. So our expectations were high going into the land.
What did we think? The answer is ahead.
20200103_094224.jpg

I got a little tear in my eye when we turned the corner and saw this beauty.
20200103_094657.jpg

The wait for the Falcon at this time was 170 minutes. The line ended right before the entrance back into Toy Story Land.
We went ahead and got in line. It worked out well, as we took turns leaving the line to go explore the Outpost.

Then that group would return, and the other group would go explore. So the first part of the line seemed to past quickly.

IMG_3015.JPG

It gave us a chance to try to Blue Milk. (In Collectible container). We thought it was okay. We prefer LeFou's Brew or Butterbeer.

IMG_2960.JPG

IMG_2965.JPG
IMG_2962.JPG

IMG_2966.JPG

IMG_2954.JPG

IMG_2959.JPG

The theming of this land is incredible.
More to come!!

Attachments

• IMG_2954.JPG
    IMG_2954.JPG
    107.4 KB · Views: 40

bauton

Original Poster
Loved the humor in the queue with the crew members talking back and forth to each other.
20200103_102709.jpg

20200103_102926.jpg

Finally made it into the pre-show area. We are fans of the Clone Wars series, so it was awesome to see Honda Onaka in person!! Our total wait ended up being only about 100 minutes.
20200103_105617.jpg

Falcon.jpg

Dream come true. Never thought I would have the chance as a little boy back in the 70's.

Ride Review- Awesome. I know many on here say it isn't the best ride in the world, and it isn't. I think just the thrill of being in the Falcon was the highlight of the ride. Don't get me wrong, the ride is still fun, and we all enjoyed it. My Wife was stressing as she didn't want people "yelling" at her to press her buttons, lol. She ended being a gunner and did great!!

The only complaint I had was we didn't have enough time to see the Falcon. I sat down at the table first thing, and before we could take the picture, the cast members were calling our group! I would have like some more time to roam around.

IMG_3055.JPG

IMG_3058.JPG

IMG_3060.JPG

IMG_3062.JPG

Maybe the second cutest thing behind Baby Yoda.

IMG_3065.JPG

IMG_3066.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom