Trip Report Completed- Photo Heavy!! Lines, Lines, Fast Pass, Lines, Lines, repeat- A Quick trip to the World

Hello again everyone!! Got another whirlwind trip report for you!

So on this trip, we were offered by my Mother and her Husband a trip down to Florida to visit them as our Christmas present for this year.
And what a present it was!!
They rent this beautiful house every winter to hang out and to get away from the cold winters up north.
So we got to fly down, spend a few days with them and at the parks, then back home to work, school, and worst of all, cold weather again.
20191229_052745.jpg

Here we are in our first of many lines on this trip! In line to check bags at the airport. The cast on this trip is my Wife, 2 sons, daughter, and myself.

20191229_095925.jpg

Yay for flying coach!! Look at all that leg room!!

20191229_102208.jpg

20191229_102238.jpg

The entrances to the airport monorail had these cool stickers on the glass advertising Black Spire Outpost!

Next up, Universal Studios!!

Last edited:

bauton

Original Poster
We could have spent a couple hours just walking around in here looking at all the stuff on the walls.

IMG_3150.JPG

IMG_3152.JPG

IMG_3153.JPG

We had a morning Fast Pass for Muppets, and Frozen Ever After, but missed them while walking around in the Outpost.
After leaving Dok's, it was time for our Tower of Terror Fast Pass.
20200103_131651.jpg

Hello, checking in?
This is one of our favorite rides ever.
20200103_131825.jpg

20200103_131904.jpg

20200103_131939.jpg

20200103_131954.jpg

20200103_132130.jpg

20200103_132221.jpg

bauton

Original Poster
20200103_132359.jpg

20200103_133055.jpg

IMG_3090.JPG

After this, we headed over to Pizza Rizzo's for lunch.

Used mobile ordering again, and again it was great!
After a quick poll, our Family all voted that this restaurant was great! I know people are split on this place, but we loved it.

IMG_3068.JPG

Still not the same with the missing elements.
IMG_3070.JPG

We did stand bye at Star Tours next. We wanted to see the new Episode IX stuff. We've always enjoyed this ride and loved the new footage.

We did another Family poll and decided as motion simulators go, we enjoyed Star Tours more than the Falcon, but the Falcon was more immersive.
IMG_2948.JPG

IMG_2949.JPG

We were hoping Mickey's would be open when we got there, but alas, it wasn't meant to be.

We then tried to decide what to do next. I kept refreshing the Fast Pass app, but it would only come up with Muppets and/or Little Mermaid. We couldn't decide between Rockin' Roller Coaster or Slinky. They each had a similar wait time at that point. We picked Slinky as we had not rode it yet. So back to Toy Story Land!!

IMG_3105.JPG

IMG_3109.JPG

IMG_3111.JPG

bauton

Original Poster
The wait time for Slinky was listed as 90 minutes. The line started just past the Woody sign shown above. I believe this was the slowest moving line we experienced the whole trip.
IMG_3110.JPG

We did go past an ice cream cart and got another one of our favorite snacks. Mickey Mouse Ice Cream!!
IMG_3119.JPG

IMG_3117.JPG

Finally made it to the front of the ride
IMG_3118.JPG

Cool little Toy Story call out

Ride Review- we ended up waiting almost 2 hours for this ride. Is the ride fun? Yes, it is. Is it worth 2 hours? Not in our book. In hindsight, we all wished we had taken our other pick.
IMG_3120.JPG

IMG_3121.JPG

We wanted to ride this also, but didn't get a chance. We loved the Mater version at GCA, so was looking forward to trying out this version.

We had noticed earlier in the day that ROTR had broken down, so the boarding group numbers were moving slow. As we got off Slinky, and was trying to decide what to do next, my phone went off letting us know our boarding group was called!!!

We rushed back over to Black Spire Outpost to ride the ride!!

Up next: Rise of the Resistance!!

bauton

Original Poster
Our ROTR SAGA Starts Here:
Imagine these next paragraphs are slowing crawling from the bottom of your screen to the top, while John Williams' music is playing.

So it was about 5:30 at this time, and we made it to the entrance to the ride, and we noticed a larger than normal crowd gathered outside the entrance. The ride had broke down again!!!

We had a 6 p.m. reservation for Oga's Cantina, so I was concerned that we might miss this reservation if the ride opened, and we were in the queue.

So the Family got in the line that was forming. The end of the line was out the tunnel and onto Grand Ave by this time. I decided to walk up to the front to see what was going on.

I saw a number of Guest Relation cast members fielding questions. I went up to one and explained my dilemma. She was great. She understood my issue, but sadly there was nothing she could do at that time because the ride was down.

She recommended that we go ahead and go to Oga's, as we still had the two hour window for our boarding group.

I explained to her how we only had one more day at the parks, and asked nicely if there was anything she could do for us.
She had me fill out a card with my info, and she gave me a Fast Pass for ROTR for either that night or the next day. She also upgraded my ticket to a park hopper! So if we didn't get to ride it this night, we could come the next morning and try to ride it then.

That was perfect!!! It helped us out, and really didn't cost them anything. After reading my address from the card, the cast member actually grew up in the town I live in and graduated a year a head of my oldest son from the same high school! It really is a small world after all.

There was a guest next to me that was in a similar situation, but this guy was yelling and cussing at the cast member. Guess what, he didn't get anything. So being nice to those cast members pays off!!

So we headed back into the Outpost to have a drink.
IMG_3166.JPG

The land is just as beautiful if not more beautiful at night.
IMG_3176.JPG

IMG_3177.JPG

IMG_3178.JPG

IMG_3180.JPG

IMG_3181.JPG

IMG_3195.JPG

IMG_3169.JPG

IMG_3174.JPG

I filled up my water bottle to see the diagnoga. Very cool.
The lady behind came up next to fill hers up. I looked over at her to see her reaction, but she hadn't noticed it. We made eye contact and I pointed up at it. She looked up and screamed!! Funny! Just glad it didn't cause her to have a heart attack or something.

Next Up: Oga's

bauton

Original Poster
So we made it to Oga's, and with a small wait at the entrance, we were let in.

This place was fantastic!! This was the icing on the cake so far that day. All the Star Wars theming finally came together and I fully felt like I was really in a Star Wars story. (Should I have the copyright symbol after that?)

20200103_180703.jpg

Rex was a great DJ!!
20200103_181045.jpg

20200103_181051.jpg

20200103_181059.jpg

20200103_181104.jpg

IMG_3157.JPG

IMG_3164.JPG

The atmosphere was great! The music was great! The cast members were great!! We got a table top, and ordered some drinks!!
20200103_175722.jpg

My youngest son got Oga's Obsession. It looks weird. Some sort of jello with berries and other stuff mixed in. It was non-alcoholic. It was great! The taste was unique!
20200103_175727.jpg

The Wife, Daughter, and I shared a Jabba Juice. It is non-alcoholic also. It tasted great.
My oldest son got the Yub-Nub drink. Sorry no picture.
It was alcoholic, lol. I didn't taste it, but he said it was great.

While we were enjoying our drinks and the atmosphere, we got a text message from the Disney app saying that ROTR was open again, and we could still ride it with our boarding group number!!

Check please!!! We paid and left as quick as we could.

Up Next: ROTR and undercover junk dealers

bauton

Original Poster
So we made it back to the entrance to the ride, and scanned our magic bands and we were in!!!! The cast member from before had mentioned that if we did get to ride the ride that evening, that the Fast Pass and park hopper would expire. But that was fine, as we were on the ride!!

We waited in the queue for about 15 minutes then entered the first pre-show room.

My Daughter was the only person in our group that had watched video of the ride ahead of time, so the rest of us had no idea what to expect.

I didn't take any pictures on the ride, as I wanted to experience it all without worrying about taking pictures.

I know you have probably heard this before, but this was the best ride I have ever been on!!! I wouldn't call this a ride. I would say it should be called an "experience" or something other than a "ride", as ride doesn't do it justice.

The cast members working the "ride" were awesome. The First Order ones really sold the experience. While we were waiting to go into our jail cells, a guy in our group started making some jokes. A First Order officer came over to him, stood in front of him, and just stared at him right in the eyes with only a few inches between them. Without saying anything to the guest, the guest finally looked away. Very intimidating!

So after we got off the ride, we all walked over and stood in front of the blue X-Wing and shared our thoughts on the ride.
I think this picture says it all:
20200103_203501.jpg

That is the look of pure joy. It actually cause two brothers to hug each other!!!
We decided that this was a ride we wanted to ride again, and again, and again. Even my Wife, who isn't a big Star Wars fan thought it was the best. So for my Family, this ride will be an incentive for us to return to the park sooner rather than later.

Note to Disney: I will accept any free trip offers if you need any cheerleaders for the land.

After that, we had some time to walk around the land. We made it a point to speak to the cast members in "Batuuese?" Like saying bright suns as a greeting during the day, Til the Spires, etc... It was cool, as they were almost at the end of their day, they were tired and fed up with messing with guests, but when you mentioned a phrase to them, their faces would light up and get big smiles on their faces and respond back! It was so much fun getting into it.

We finally made it to Savi's. This was the last thing on our to do list for the day. We checked in, paid up front, then sat down to wait our turn. We had a First Order officer walk into the waiting area wanting to know what we were all doing congregating here. The Savi cast members reassured him that there was nothing to see here, lol.

My two sons and myself all decided we were going to make sabers. Each person building a saber was allowed to bring one guest with them, so the Wife and Daughter got to come in also.

You enter this room and there was a guy that may or may not be a Jedi.
IMG_3216.JPG

Here he is maybe? doing Force like Jedi stuff?

This Jedi, err, guy would instruct you on how to build your saber.
IMG_3201.JPG

First they give you this tray of junk. You have to pick out a few pieces.
20200103_213002.jpg

Then the assistants come over to help you put the hilt together.
IMG_3211.JPG

Oldest Sons
IMG_3212.JPG

Youngest Son's
IMG_3213.JPG

Mine

You then placed your hilt into the side of the table. The master then talks about the history of the Jedi and the Sith, and how important the light saber is to both sides of the Force.

After some dramatic music and lighting, something happens!
IMG_3218.JPG

Everyone's sabers light up under the table!! They then tell you to grab the hilt, a cover rolls back on the table, and then you can lift you new light saber high!!
IMG_3222.JPG

Till the Spires!!!!
20200103_213905.jpg

After the ceremony. As a Star Wars fan, this was an awesome experience. Pricey, at $200 a person. But in my opinion, worth every penny.

Up Next: a few more Studios photos

bauton

Original Poster
Last post about the Studios, finally!!
So as we were working are way out of the park, we stopped to take some photos of the decorations. Some of these were taken earlier in the day.

As I mentioned in my post about the Jingle Cruise, we love campy Christmas decorations. The Studios did not disappoint.
IMG_3081.JPG

IMG_3084.JPG

IMG_3077.JPG

IMG_3079.JPG

IMG_3095.JPG

The Wife and I could remember older family members who had some of these decorations at their houses for Christmas when we were kids.
IMG_3098.JPG

IMG_3228.JPG

IMG_3233.JPG

Yeah, some were a little creepy, but still fun.
20200103_215202.jpg

We love Santa Gertie!!
20200103_215313.jpg

And that was it for the Studios.

Up next: Our last day at the parks EpCot a.k.a. Wall Land

bauton

Original Poster
Last Day: Wall Land

I knew going in that there was going to be a lot of walls, but seriously, there are a lot of walls. Seems like a no brainer to get Wal-Mart to sponsor the walls?
IMG_3239.JPG

This day ended up being the worst weather wise. It rained off and on most of the day, so we didn't get the camera out for many pictures.

We had back to back Fast Passes for Soarin, and Living with the Land, so we did those first. LWTL still had some of the Christmas decorations up, so that was kind of cool to see.

Next we did stand bye for Journey into Your Imagination. The line was very short, with almost no wait.

Disney- fix this ride!!! Bring it back to it's original splendor!!!
Figment and Dream Finder forever!!!!

We then went into World Showcase, as we had lunch reservations in Japan. We stopped in Mexico first to ride the ride there. This was our first time seeing the three guys at the end of the ride. They were all three working perfectly!!!

We then tried to ride the Frozen ride next, but the wait was close to 2 hours at that time. So we skipped it and went onto Japan.

20200104_142217.jpg

Did I mention it was raining? We thought we were smart as we had received Disney ponchos a few years ago when we were on a Disney cruise. So we brought them with us on this trip, figuring we would use them. What we didn't know, was three of the five ponchos were Children sized!!! Oh well.
20200104_130003.jpg

This is our favorite restaurant in Epcot. So we always try to eat here if we can.
20200104_132858.jpg

Our chef and wait staff were great!! I had recently read some reviews saying that the service level had gone down, but we didn't see it. The kids enjoy eating here for two reasons:
1. I have a hard time understanding people when they talk with a Japanese accent, so the kids get a kick out of watching me struggle with the accent.
20200104_133311.jpg

Number 2: Onion Volcano!!!!
The food was great, and we thought the portions were very good.

After leaving the restaurant, the wait for Frozen had dropped down to about 40 minutes, so we went back and got in the stand bye line.
20200104_145828.jpg

The line moved kind of slow, but the new queue was nicely done.

My Family is not exactly the biggest Frozen fans, but we wanted to give the ride a try, as we had not rode it before.

We all loved it. Even our edgy teenager enjoyed the ride! Mainly because of Marshmellow.

We went to the Epcot discover center next and saw the presentation there. it was an awesome experience. Can't wait to see what they do with the Mary Poppins section. Disney better not mess it up!
20200104_155503.jpg

They also had some props from the latest Mary Poppins movie...

IMG_3315.JPG

Plus some photo ops

IMG_3317.JPG

Can't wait for the Guardians Ride!!!

We then made our way back up to the front of the park.

bauton

Original Poster
We did the stand bye line for Test Track next. Again, the actual wait was less than what they were showing out front. We found that that was the case for almost the entire time at Disney.
Where Universal waits seemed to be longer than what was posted.

We then rode Spaceship Earth, before it goes down for it's refurbishment.
IMG_3241.JPG

IMG_3243.JPG

IMG_3244.JPG

This is another ride I hope they don't mess up!!

We then paid a visit to an old friend, and made a new friend!
IMG_3260.JPG

We had met Baymax before, but couldn't resist the chance to get some Baymax hugs.
IMG_3261.JPG

IMG_3263.JPG

IMG_3278.JPG

Then we made a new friend with Joy!!
IMG_3284.JPG

She was so full of energy, and did a great job of pantomiming what she was trying to tell us.

IMG_3307.JPG

Did I mentioned it rained some this day?

We ended up walking around the Countries we had missed, the kids rode Mission Space on stand bye, and then we found a spot for the new night time show.

The new show was great with all the old music from the park. The Tapestry of Nations section was particularly touching, as that is my all time favorite Disney parade. We thought the Aladdin song at the end was kind of weird, but overall, it was a good show.

20200104_184215.jpg

We stopped to get some shots of the big golf ball on the way out.

bauton

Original Poster
20200104_213108.jpg

20200104_213255.jpg

IMG_3349.JPG

We all said good-bye to Mickey and Co. as we left the park.
We'll be back again!!!

The next day we stopped at Disney Springs to do some final shopping before heading home.
IMG_3351.JPG

Our Family is pro orange bird
IMG_3357.JPG

Final picture on Disney property.
20200105_184428.jpg

Made it back to the airport
20200105_184453.jpg

Everyone getting caught up with things on their phones waiting for the plane.

Overall, we had a great trip. Didn't get much sleep, but that is par for the course for our Family.

If you have any questions or comments, I'll be happy to answer.

Thanks for reading!!

John Dulmage

Loved your report. My family will be at Universal and WDW next year at this same time, and it has been a worry of mine if would be able to accomplish anything, but it looks like you still had a great time. We are doing the same thing for Universal (same hotel, too) with 2 days there. Thanks for sharing your trip!

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
This was our first time seeing the Festival of Fantasy Parade.
View attachment 444186
View attachment 444187
Loved that the MSP lead off the parade!!
View attachment 444188
View attachment 444189
View attachment 444190
View attachment 444191
View attachment 444192
Smolder?
View attachment 444193
We had a family sitting next to use that had a little girl that had one of those annoying bubble blowers. She would blow bubbles at the different dancers, and when they saw the bubbles, they would come over and interact with the little girl!
Even characters on the floats would yell at her. So there is a pro tip for you. Get you a bubble blower to try to attract the cast members over to interact with your kids, then accidentally lose the blower in the nearest garbage can after the parade.
View attachment 444194
View attachment 444195
Almost looks like i tried to merge these pics!

I'm always impressed with how the parade CMs really key into the kids on the sides. My daughter is always dressed like some princess or another, and that one always interacts with her. Our favorite was our last trip when she was dressed like Tinkerbelle

sheriffwoody

Really enjoyed this one! Sorry for the liking spree 🙈 You've really made me want to go back to Universal to see all the Harry Potter stuff again. I still need to ride Hagrid's!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom