Trip Report **completed**Our not so perfect, but good enough July 2021 trip

Hi, all! It took me much longer to get this started than I wanted, but my computer decided it didn't have room for any more of my photos and I had to get an external hard drive and transfer some in order to start! We've also been a little busy getting everything ready for Logan to leave for Iowa in 2 weeks!

So, if you didn't follow along with my PTR, we were supposed to be on a cruise to celebrate Logan's HS graduation, but instead had to switch gears and decided to spend a few days at WDW.

Now, the specifics:
Who: Me (Amy), my husband Brian, Logan (18), Lily (16), and Owen (13)
737734427.jpeg

Where: Cabana Bay Beach Resort and Pop Century

When: July 11-20, 2021

Why: as I previously mentioned, this trip was to celebrate Logan's HS graduation. He asked for a cruise, so I do have another one scheduled for next June and we quickly threw together the Disney portion of this trip (so I guess we can call this his preliminary graduation trip!!)

We had some truly magical moments on this trip and some definitively un-magical moments as well! Unfortunately, our first day held one of the most un-magical moments.

We drove from Ohio and always try to leave very early to try to avoid as much traffic as possible. We set an alarm for midnight and our goal was to leave the house between 1 and 1:30 am. We were spot on!
20210711_011339.jpg

We made a quick stop at McDonald's for Cokes and were on our way. It was smooth sailing all the way to northern Florida. We even made it through Atlanta with no drama or slow downs!!
20210711_121511.jpg

Florida was stop and go the whole way, but we still made decent time and were pulling in to Cabana Bay Beach Resort about 4:00 which was about 1-1.5 hours later than we had anticipated, so not too bad! However, that is official check in time, and the parking area was a mess, as was the lobby!
20210711_155943.jpg

Luckily, they had sent me an email that allowed me to check in prior to arrival and that line was fairly short! The regular line was wrapped all the way around the lobby and was said to be 2 hours long! Brian dropped me off and found a parking spot that he probably shouldn't have been in to wait for me and sent Logan in to the lobby to guide me back to the car!

Now for the most un-magical moment of our trip! I had booked a 2 bedroom volcano view suite as a surprise for Logan since it was his celebration trip and I thought it would be cool to see the volcano lit up at night and watch all the activity in the park from our room. I paid way more than I normally would for a room, but felt it was a reasonable splurge. Well, we get to our room which happened to be on the second floor and this was our view:
20210711_164849.jpg

IMG_1095.JPG

IMG_1101.JPG

IMG_1096.JPG

IMG_1098.JPG

Yes, that is the back of a service building and the very tip of the volcano!! I don't understand how they can charge the same amount of money for this view as they can for the higher floor rooms (which I did request)! They need a lower partial or obstructed view charge for the rooms on this floor. I did say something and no one cared at all and basically told me to stuff it! Needless to say, we won't be back there any time soon!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
I decided I wanted to try the pork slider from the Hawaii booth, so we stopped there first.
IMG_4205.JPG

IMG_4204.JPG

It was delicious!!!

Then we decided to check out the Epcot Experience before moving on.
IMG_4206.JPG

IMG_4207.JPG

IMG_4208.JPG

IMG_4209.JPG

IMG_4210.JPG

Then we started back around World Showcase. We checked out all of the food booths to see if there was anything that we just had to try.
IMG_4211.JPG

I was the first one to see something I wanted. I had a hard time deciding between the ravioli and the mezzelune croccanti(fried ravioli). I went with the mezzelune and wish I had gone with the ravioli. There was nothing wrong with it, it just wasn't as good as some of the fried ravioli I can find here.
IMG_4212.JPG

IMG_4213.JPG

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Lily and Owen decided to try beef bao buns. They enjoyed them. I wish I had been hungry enough to try the pan fried chicken dumplings, but I was done and couldn't eat anything else!
IMG_4214.JPG

We then headed back to the Skyliner.
IMG_4215.JPG

IMG_4216.JPG

IMG_4217.JPG

IMG_4218.JPG

As we were heading back to Pop, I placed a mobile order for a pizza for Logan and Brian. It was ready right as we got there!
IMG_4219.JPG

IMG_4220.JPG

IMG_4221.JPG

35370.jpeg

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
I had the Bounty Platter.
IMG_4238.JPG

Lily ordered the chocolate chocolate chip muffin...and this is what she got:
IMG_4239.JPG

She wasn't very pleased, but it didn't stop her from inhaling the entire thing!!

All of the boys had cinnamon rolls.
IMG_4240.JPG

Everyone wanted one more refill in our mugs that we could actually enjoy, so we headed over to Art of Animation one last time!
IMG_4242.JPG

IMG_4243.JPG

IMG_4244.JPG

IMG_4245.JPG

IMG_4246.JPG

IMG_4247.JPG

IMG_4248.JPG

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
IMG_4259.JPG

IMG_4260.JPG

Then it was time to head back to the car and head home.
IMG_4261.JPG

IMG_4262.JPG

IMG_4264.JPG

IMG_4265.JPG

IMG_4266.JPG

IMG_4268.JPG

We had a fairly quick and boring trip back to Ohio. I enjoyed one of my favorite Disney snacks on the way home:
20210720_101008.jpg

Wow, I can't believe it took me this long to finish this report! I apologize!! Was this trip all I thought it would be? No! Obviously, we didn't get to cruise, but even without the cruise it just wasn't what I had envisioned it to be! Did I enjoy myself and am I glad we went? Of course! One of the big take aways from this trip is that we will not take a trip again with the kids where we only have one day in each park! I felt like we couldn't slow down and enjoy the small details. I am so disappointed that I spent the money for Memory Maker this trip. The lines were always so long, there didn't seem to be as many photographers as normal, and numerous ride pics didn't show up. Thank you all for following along with me! Next up will be my pre-TR for our cruise!

cgersic

Such a great report that I totally forgot about the cruise being cancelled!
schitts creek comedy GIF by CBC

Can't wait for the cruise report and more fabulous photos! Thanks so much for taking the time!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom