Trip Report *COMPLETED* Let me share this whole new world with you!

Welcome! I have just returned back from my Disneymoon and want to share my adventure with you all. Leading up to the trip, I was nervous about whether or not my DH would enjoy his first trip to WDW, so stay tuned to see how it turned out. I hope that you enjoy!

My pre-trip report gives a backstory on how we ended up on this adventure if you'd like to read:
My groom agreed on a Disneymoon, but will he love it?

Let's get started!

Who?
Me, Heather and DH, Josh
IMG_3593.JPG

What?
Our honeymoon!

When?
April 30th-May 7th

Where?
Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo House

IMG_3486.JPG

Next: Travel and Arrival Day

Last edited:

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
Josh was very adamant that we get the Mezzo. @Tuvalu and @Doc Disney, we finished this baby with just TWO people! Granted Josh eats enough for two on his own! Sadly, we didn't even feel that stuffed.
IMG_3894.JPG

For dessert, I ordered the pistachio gelato. I don't have a picture of what josh ordered, but I know it was ice cream with some different candies in it.
IMG_3900.JPG

Epcot was unbelievably packed, so we decided to head out. We left out of the back entrance and walked towards Beach Club.
IMG_3901.JPG
IMG_3902.JPG

We got an uber from Beach Club to Hollywood Studios. That was kind of annoying because we are riding and next thing I know we are pulling up to the EPCOT entrance! Umm, we just left here. But anyway, eventually we made it to Hollywood Studios. When he dropped us off in the drop off area, Josh kept looking back. I asked him what was going on and he says, that's Jeff Saturday. I had no idea who Jeff Saturday was, but he heard Josh say that and smiled and shook his hand. He was very nice and was bringing his kids to the park. This is Jeff Saturday...only he's a lot smaller now.
Jeff Saturday.JPG

Josh is a huge sports fan, so he was so excited and immediately texted his brother while I made a quick trip to the restroom then we grabbed our spot for the Star Wars fireworks.
IMG_3904.JPG

IMG_3908.JPG

This show was just unbelievable and I don't even watch Star Wars! I'm so glad we decided to go see it even though we aren't fans. Josh really liked it as well. And just like that, our trip was coming to a close.
IMG_3909.JPG

Since we had put off packing we had to do that when we got back to the room. We were getting picked up at 5:40am. :arghh: We went to sleep for a quick 5 hours.

Early Departure.JPG

I slept all the way to the airport, we had some McDonald's breakfast and an uneventful flight home.

Next: The End

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
My final thoughts:

Animal Kingdom Lodge was gorgeous! Despite our room location and the noise, I would for sure stay here again, but I would get a savanna or pool view. However, after touring some of the other resorts, we fell in love with the Polynesian and it's definitely at the top of our list for next time, followed by Beach Club! The weather was so nice in early-May and the crowds were not bad during the week at all. Was a perfect time to visit!

And yes, I did say next time. I've mentioned that this was Josh's first time in Disney and he didn't really want to come that much but he did have a wonderful time. As the week progressed I could see him appreciating it a little more. He said that he had a great time and he's excited to see it though our son's eyes when we bring him for the first time. However, his idea of next time is in 4 years! :eek: He said he wants to take a Disney Cruise before returning to Disney World. But we will see.

I've never enjoyed WDW more than I did this week with my husband. It was perfect and I can't wait to return with him and Cameron! Thank you all for following along on my adventure and I hope you enjoyed it!
IMG_3884.JPG

amjt660

Premium Member
Great report
I could see Josh's appreciation (dare I say "love") of Disney during the trip.
He was pretty good at finding the camera for the on ride shots ( Seven Dwarfs and Frozen in particular)

You look sooooo happy in all the pictures and your descriptions of the events of the trip also glowed with a certain happiness.
A happiness that goes so much beyond it just being a Disney trip - a honeymoon in Disney = Priceless!!
Hoping that you can share it with your son too in the near future.

Great PTR and TR

Max

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
This whole trip was really super sweet, and you and your new husband are adorable!! I hope you'll share an update of the reunion with your son, because I'm positive he's going to be so so excited to see you!!

I feel bad for the little girl in the gift shop, though. Those shops are set up to entice grabby little hands.

joshsprincess921

Original Poster

joshsprincess921

Original Poster

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
Great report
I could see Josh's appreciation (dare I say "love") of Disney during the trip.
He was pretty good at finding the camera for the on ride shots ( Seven Dwarfs and Frozen in particular)

You look sooooo happy in all the pictures and your descriptions of the events of the trip also glowed with a certain happiness.
A happiness that goes so much beyond it just being a Disney trip - a honeymoon in Disney = Priceless!!
Hoping that you can share it with your son too in the near future.

Great PTR and TR

Max

Aw thanks Max! It was a wonderful trip and I really do look forward to sharing it with my son. I think it will be even better! Thanks for reading!

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
This whole trip was really super sweet, and you and your new husband are adorable!! I hope you'll share an update of the reunion with your son, because I'm positive he's going to be so so excited to see you!!

I feel bad for the little girl in the gift shop, though. Those shops are set up to entice grabby little hands.

Wouldn't you know, he wasn't excited to see me! The last couple of days of the trip every time I would facetime he wouldn't talk to me, only his Daddy, LOL! I think he was mad at me. Josh works shift work so he's used to going a few days without seeing him, but this was his first extended period of time away from me since he was born! At the airport he wouldn't even come to me...that was UNTIL I pulled out his Mickey ears and Goofy hat that he requested and then he's was back to loving me again! He keeps saying now that he has his cast off, he can go to Disney World. I tell him to talk to his Daddy, haha!

Me too and mix that with them being tired and exhausted and it's just a set up for a meltdown!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom