Trip Report *COMPLETED* Let me share this whole new world with you!

Welcome! I have just returned back from my Disneymoon and want to share my adventure with you all. Leading up to the trip, I was nervous about whether or not my DH would enjoy his first trip to WDW, so stay tuned to see how it turned out. I hope that you enjoy!

My pre-trip report gives a backstory on how we ended up on this adventure if you'd like to read:
My groom agreed on a Disneymoon, but will he love it?

Let's get started!

Who?
Me, Heather and DH, Josh
IMG_3593.JPG

What?
Our honeymoon!

When?
April 30th-May 7th

Where?
Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo House

IMG_3486.JPG

Next: Travel and Arrival Day

Last edited:

slipperalwaysfits

After getting my tasty drink we walked through the Mitsukoshi store in Japan. I've always loved this store. Some really cool items. Josh and I would love to visit Japan one day and experience the culture. We caught the drummers on the way out.
View attachment 204645
View attachment 204646 View attachment 204647

So glad he loved Epcot!! The pics in front of the Seas are adorable!! I'm excited to try the new Soarin'! :);)

My family spent a few years in Japan when I was a teen. We miss it horribly. They LOVE it when I go to WDW, because they know I'm stocking up on all their Japanese food/decor that they miss so much! I spend more time here picking out the right gifts for my family each trip, than we do in any other shop at WDW, including World of Disney!!! :eek:
:eek:

:rolleyes::D:D

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
I hope everyone had a great Mother's Day!

After cooling off in the American Adventure, we browsed our way through the rest of the World Showcase.

We always do the pickle ornament game at my mother-n-law's each year so I had to take this picture and sent to her asking her if she thought she could find the pickle on this tree. She responded with even without my glasses!
IMG_0208.JPG

IMG_0210.JPG

IMG_0211.JPG

I loved these roses! I regret not purchasing one!
IMG_0212.JPG

IMG_0216.JPG

Finally we made it to Mexico. We had originally planned for a mid-day break, but mid-day had sort of come and gone. We knew by the time we made it to the front of the park, to the bus and back to the resort we'd be turning right back around to come back for our dinner reservation. So we opted to stick it out, but we were hungry and needed something to hold us over until dinner. We headed into La Cantina de San Angel and decided to split a snack!
IMG_0217.JPG

We found a window seat indoors and enjoyed our nachos while talking about our day. Josh said once again how much he enjoyed Soarin so I jumped on the app and scored another fastpass time for a little later. He asked what else was here that we missed and I was telling him about Mission Space and the orange and green difference, etc. He immediately perked up and wanted to try. I told him I wasn't doing it because simulators and I don't always get along and hello, we just ate NACHOS! I've only done the green side and I have no intentions of ever riding orange and most certainly not directly after eating, but he wanted me to look up the wait times. 10 minutes...let's go!
IMG_0218.JPG
IMG_0219.JPG

He went in the orange line....and I went in the kid's play area, ha-ha! It was entertaining to people watch in there for sure. It was also fun to see people's reaction coming off the ride. After awhile I watched Josh exit the ride. He told me he liked it, he got to the be the pilot and was describing his flight to Mars. Once we got outside he needed to sit on a bench!!! It was then he realized that riding directly after eating was probably not a good idea. We sat here a good bit and then I said why don't we go ride Ellen and try to get in a nap. We made it all the way to loading into the vehicle before they came on and said they were down. Oh well, at least we got to see the lovely pre-show video! :rolleyes: Off to the Land we went! We grabbed a coke and found a spot to relax before our fastpass!
IMG_0221.JPG
IMG_3515.JPG

Someone was really relaxed....:happy:

Next: Dinner in the World Showcase

Last edited:

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
It was melt-down city for the little ones in Sunshine Seasons! I saw a number of moms leave the little ones behind with the dads while they went to ride Soarin' and you could see the stress on their faces! One dad even walked away leaving their backpack behind. I got up to go catch him and someone got to him before me. As you may can tell, I love to people watch. I also used this time to facetime my little man. He was having a good time back home and didn't seem to care too much that Mommy and Daddy were gone. He did think the hot air balloons were cool when I showed him where we were. I'd say we spent about an hour hanging out and relaxing before riding Soarin' again. The smells were much stronger this time around. Josh said the same thing. I didn't even notice the grass smell on the first ride. I loved the beach smell!

We were ready for dinner!! Now we had not long ago had a snack in Mexico, but that didn't matter. We were heading back there for dinner. We love Mexican food!!! Welcome to La Hacienda de San Angel!

I borrowed this picture b/c I can't find the one that I took.
Hacienda-sign.jpg

First up on the agenda....margaritas! Funny story, Josh had been having a case of sticker shock on our first day and a half of our trip. By now he was realizing how expensive things were (even though I had told him many times before we came), but this was our first table service. The waitress comes by and he orders his margarita. I can't remember the specific name of his, but it was the top shelf. The description said it came with a black ant salt rim and the waitress told him it didn't really taste like anything so he gave it a shot. When she left he said that he hoped it was good in which my reply was that for $20 it better be! $20!!!! His eyes bugged out. He hadn't even looked at the price. He settled back in his chair and shrugged his shoulders...oh well it's vacation. He didn't say much about prices for the rest of the trip!

Here he is with his black ants.
IMG_0222.JPG
IMG_0223.JPG

I ordered the Avocado Margarita. I really enjoyed it! It was very light and creamy. I couldn't pinpoint the flavor but after reading the description it says melon liqueur and that was definitely what I was tasting. It was really good!
IMG_0225.JPG
IMG_0224.JPG

Enjoyed these along with some not so good chips and salsa. These chips were just weird. I liked the green sauce but the red was not my favorite.
IMG_0226.JPG

For our main entree, we went with the La Hacienda. This served 2 and was a mixed grill of New York Strip, half a chicken al pastor, chorizos and vegetables and also a side of black beans and rice! We also asked for flour tortillas. They normally come with corn tortillas.
IMG_0227.JPG

We stuffed ourselves. This was awesome and those little chorizos were our favorite. I kept going for those and the corn! The steak was good too. The chicken was probably my least favorite compared to the rest, but it was by no means bad! No picture of the rice and beans. I didn't try the rice, but Josh said it was good. The beans were delicious! Overall, very good choice and we were very satisfied. Service was also impeccable!

With that, our day at Epcot had come to a close! We slowly made our way out of the park.
IMG_0228.JPG
IMG_0230.JPG

We got back to the resort, put on our swimsuits and headed to the hot tub. Before long, we were heading to bed. We had another big day ahead of us!

Next: Magic Kingdom

slipperalwaysfits

So glad he loves EPCOT! I wouldn't be brave enough to ride Mission Space after eating!! I only go on the green one and it's first thing in the morning, lol! o_O:p One trip, we got so exited there was no line for Expedition Everest, the Gforces got to me after the 4th go-round. Amazing, but I could barely walk!

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
So glad he loves EPCOT! I wouldn't be brave enough to ride Mission Space after eating!! I only go on the green one and it's first thing in the morning, lol! o_O:p One trip, we got so exited there was no line for Expedition Everest, the Gforces got to me after the 4th go-round. Amazing, but I could barely walk!

I bet he'll never do it again. He said he would try the green with me when we went back later in the week to compare, but we never made it there.

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
We had been watching the weather the night before and it was pretty much a safe bet that we would have some thunderstorms moving in on our Magic Kingdom day. :( But we had our ponchos packed in our backpack and we would keep on going! Once again, up bright and early while Josh snoozed until I got him up! While he was getting ready, I ran down to the Mara and grabbed us some breakfast. I didn't take any pictures because I was in a hurry, but I know that I got the mickey waffles and he got the bounty platter. Was yummy as usual!

The bus was waiting for us when we walked up and we arrived in MK before the park opened.
IMG_3540.JPG

Saw the Welcome Show for the first time in my life! It was cute. I never saw the original so nothing to compare it too.
IMG_3541.JPG

Then we walked through the castle with the masses to our first attraction.
IMG_3543.JPG
IMG_3544.JPG

7DMT! Another first for me!
IMG_3547.JPG

7dmt2.jpg

It was fun and cute! As you can see....we really liked it!:p Next, we headed out of Fantasyland and would come back later!

Big Thunder Mountain! No pics other than this, but look at the sky! Took this wild ride before heading over to Splash!
IMG_3548.JPG

IMG_3550.JPG

They kept making the announcement about the weather right as we were about to board, but we were in the clear to go, but it kept getting darker!

We were prepared to get wet anyway! Our before:
IMG_3551.JPG

IMG_3556.JPG

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
And after:
IMG_3552.JPG
IMG_3553.JPG

After this, we went to see some Pirates!
IMG_3557.JPG

It was so empty back here! I love this area in the morning! On the way out, Josh spotted these guys. Right as he walked up he got squirted with a big stream of water! It was so funny! You will see his shirt in some later pictures, but the bottom was soaked!
IMG_3558.JPG

We had a fastpass for Space Mountain to make, so we headed that way.
IMG_3560.JPG
IMG_3561.JPG

I just knew it would be storming when we came out.

Surprisingly, Josh didn't care for SM. He said it was ok, but he didn't like being in the total dark the entire ride because it gave him a little motion sickness. I loved it!

100% goober in this photo!!
IMG_3597.JPG

It was drizzling when we came out, but nothing too bad. We took a little break in the hub area and the drizzles actually felt pretty good. We relaxed for about 30 minutes and saw the little stage show that takes place. It is Mickey's Royal Friendship Fare?

Finally, we went back to Fantasyland! Off to Neverland before lunch!!!
IMG_3565.JPG

And where would lunch be???
IMG_3566.JPG
IMG_3568.JPG

Next: Lunch with my Beast and more MK

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom