Trip Report **COMPLETED** It's My Mom's Birthday (and it's still a hot one)!

Hey guys, since I essentially failed at making a live TR I will be doing a real one :joyfull::joyfull: I give all you live trip reporters credit! I kept forgetting!! To be fair, though, I have my hands tied most of the time taking videos for my YouTube channel :)

Who?
I'm sure you know but it was my Mom (Mary) and I (Megan)!
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_403548362371.JPG

When?
August 8 - 13, 2017

Where?
The Contemporary!

Why?
Today is my Mom's actual Birthday but she can't get off easily on Monday's since its her long day so we went earlier to celebrate her Birthday - ish :)

Day 1 - August 8, 2017
My Mom had to work a half day so I impatiently waited to leave for Disney :rolleyes:. When she got home we checked our luggage, went for a walk and relaxed before my Dad got home to drive us to the airport.
The Gang was ready to go..:joyfull: We are weird I know!
DSC_5160.jpg

DSC_5162.jpg

DSC_5163.jpg

We left for the Airport around 3:30, got there around 3:45, and we had our bags checked and went through security by 3:50 :p I love the Buffalo airport!
We were starving since neither of us ate anything but breakfast so we headed to the Anchor Bar (birthplace of chicken wings). (PS For anyone not from Buffalo who wants to visit and try chicken wings let me know...I can name at least 10 spots better than the Anchor Bar :p)
DSC_5166.jpg

DSC_5167.jpg

We split the appetizer sampler like we always do :) Boneless wings, chicken wings and mozzarella sticks. So healthy! ;)
DSC_5172.jpg

After dinner we headed to our gate to wait for our flight. In the morning of this day there was a fatal hit and run right outside the airport which was sad enough but while we were waiting I found out it was one of my friend/co-worker's uncles. So sad :(. They still haven't found the guy driving the car either :(:(
We were watching the news while we waited to see if they had any leads and soon enough it was time to board the plane.
DSC_5173.jpg

DSC_5175.jpg

DSC_5174.jpg

Next up: Getting to Florida!

Last edited:

Doc Disney

Original Poster
I'm late, but here now! LOVE that room at the Contemporary! I made the mistake of booking the cheapest possible room there and well, you get what you pay for :hilarious:. Maybe after the Poly and Beach Club (next on my list) I'll try again at the Contemporary :)

Usually I don't pay for views because I could care less if I see a garden or a parking lot...but at the Contemporary I think its worth it

A theme park view room is on my disney bucket list! Can't wait to see what other surprises were in store!

Its so worth it! I could only afford it for a short trip though :joyfull:

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 2 - August 9, 2017
This morning we got up around 7 (after a surprisingly restful sleep). We headed down to Contempo Cafe for breakfast. Oh actually first we went to change my Mom's credit card and get her Birthday pin!
We both had a waffle with bacon :)
DSC_5207.jpg

You can get fruit for your waffles which I wasn't into but my Mom was so she got cherries. They were out of strawberries which is her usual go to!
DSC_5208.jpg

After breakfast we headed back up to the room for sunscreen...love this view from the 11th floor
DSC_5210.jpg

Another picture of the flowers :)
DSC_5211.jpg

Our Epcot monorail was orange....I haven't seen orange in awhile ! It looks good!
DSC_5216.jpg
DSC_5217.jpg

Hello Epcot!
DSC_5218.jpg

We made it just in time for rope drop and my Mom kept trying to stop for pictures and I kept denying her until she said it was her Birthday trip and we must stop :joyfull::joyfull:
PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_404067571420.JPG

PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_404067571422.JPG

Anyway we made it to Soarin' and it was only a 10 minute wait! Hooray!
DSC_5220.jpg

Next up: More Epcot

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 2 continued
The people behind us in line kept pronouncing Nicaragua wrong and I was trying so hard not to laugh :joyfull:
DSC_5221.jpg

Row 2 for the win!
DSC_5225.jpg

We had a FP for Living with the Land later in the morning but figured since we were in The Land we would just do it now :)
DSC_5227.jpg

DSC_5230.jpg

Woohoo front row!
DSC_5237.jpg

DSC_5239.jpg

DSC_5241.jpg

DSC_5242.jpg

I feel like this fountain is underrated sometimes! Its pretty neat :)
DSC_5248.jpg

DSC_5249.jpg

Next up: more Epcot

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 2 continued
Our first FP was for Test Track!
DSC_5250.jpg

We're number 1!
DSC_5256.jpg

I let my Mom design the car and she made this beauty !
DSC_5261.jpg

DSC_5262.jpg

I was seated next to this little boy who was sooooooo excited to be on Test Track. He proudly told me it was his second ride and during the whole ride kept saying every part was his favorite part :joyfull:.
PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_8081385955.jpg

After the ride I made my own car for the next time we do Test Track (I guess assuming I'm wearing my pink MB :))
DSC_5264.jpg

We headed into Mouse Gear after our ride to get my Dad a hat :) I love these records!
DSC_5266.jpg

Next up was Spaceship Earth. We got stuck for a bit in the same place we usually get stuck!
DSC_5273.jpg

The pictures at the end weren't working...bummer!
I realized in the middle of Spaceship Earth we forgot to say goodbye to Universe of Energy while we were in that area....so we said goodbye from Spaceship Earth :p. Too hot to walk back over there!
We ran into the Mobile Muppet Lab !!
DSC_5278.jpg

DSC_5281.jpg

Next up: more and more Epcot

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 2 continued
DSC_5284.jpg

My Mom got pulled out of the crowd and Beaker hummed her a Birthday song :) Professor Honeydew asked if she was willing to say her age and she said no :) When the Birthday song was over he said "thanks for spending your 21st Birthday with us" :):):p
DSC_5290.jpg

I changed our last FP from Living with the Land to Figment. For once it was needed! It was a long line!
DSC_5297.jpg

After Figment we headed into World Showcase
DSC_5298.jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_404071765402.JPG

PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_404071765411.JPG

Who knows how Sven got to Germany...
PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_404071765410.JPG

:hilarious::hilarious:
The heat was getting to us - we thought a sit down lunch would be best so we grabbed a reservation for Via Napoli since it was close :)
DSC_5302.jpg

DSC_5303.jpg

Our view! We never sat by this windows before..it was nice!
DSC_5304.jpg

Next up: more Epcot

Swissmiss

Premium Member
So I wasn't going to say anything, but then my DD was reading over my shoulder last night and she said out loud what I'd been thinking for weeks: your mom looks like a younger version of my mom! (She was 85 when she passed away earlier this year).

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 2 continued
After our last two trips I decided to go back to pepperoni pizza :)
DSC_5307.jpg

Yummy as always :)
My Mom got a Birthday song and a treat :)
DSC_5309.jpg

I was craving some creme brûlée after this so we headed to France. Some nice woman gave us her table as she was leaving. I suggested we split the creme brûlée but my Mom wanted her own so we each got one :)
DSC_5313.jpg

It was so hot so we headed out. First my Mom insisted we take this picture where she was confused why pay phones were a thing because of cell phones :)
DSC_5314.jpg

One last Photopass picture as we headed out
PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_404074090247.JPG

I wish I had a picture, but my Mom got a special monorail sticker for it being her Birthday! We also met this super nice CM named Bill who we had a nice chat with while waiting for the resort monorail.

Next up: pool time

Doc Disney

Original Poster
So I wasn't going to say anything, but then my DD was reading over my shoulder last night and she said out loud what I'd been thinking for weeks: your mom looks like a younger version of my mom! (She was 85 when she passed away earlier this year).

Aww really? I'm sorry to hear about your Mom :(

CtDisneyGuy33

I've never seen the Beaker and Honeydew show - SHAME! I'm totally looking for this...

Day 2 continued
Our first FP was for Test Track!
View attachment 222807
We're number 1!
View attachment 222809
I let my Mom design the car and she made this beauty !
View attachment 222810
View attachment 222811
I was seated next to this little boy who was sooooooo excited to be on Test Track. He proudly told me it was his second ride and during the whole ride kept saying every part was his favorite part :joyfull:.
View attachment 222813
After the ride I made my own car for the next time we do Test Track (I guess assuming I'm wearing my pink MB :))
View attachment 222814
We headed into Mouse Gear after our ride to get my Dad a hat :) I love these records!
View attachment 222815
Next up was Spaceship Earth. We got stuck for a bit in the same place we usually get stuck!
View attachment 222816
The pictures at the end weren't working...bummer!
I realized in the middle of Spaceship Earth we forgot to say goodbye to Universe of Energy while we were in that area....so we said goodbye from Spaceship Earth :p. Too hot to walk back over there!
We ran into the Mobile Muppet Lab !!
View attachment 222817
View attachment 222818

Next up: more and more Epcot

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
Our Epcot monorail was orange....I haven't seen orange in awhile ! It looks good!
dsc_5216-jpg.222785
Of course it looks good, it's black and orange... FLYERS COLORS!!! :D

So jelly you encountered Muppet Mobile Lab. I have wanted to see Bunson and Beaker since its inception and never have. :(

I guess that means you will just have to go back!!! ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom